Product Review: This Brush Replaced My Denam

McQuay30

I love the Bass brush, so smooth, no snagging on my hair, I really tempted to buy the original brush for $33. But I will wait for my Tek and see how much better it could be.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

tjrj1998

I love the Bass brush, so smooth, no snagging on my hair, I really tempted to buy the original brush for $33. But I will wait for my Tek and see how much better it could be.

Can I use this in the shower with water running over my hair.

I want to get one because finger detangling is becoming quite the chore, now that my hair is getting longer.

I really want to start removing all my shed hair.

When I wash every 4 days my hair is easy to finger detangle. If I get caught up in other stuff it can take a very long time to finger detangle.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I just got a bass brush. I will come back with a review after I receive it.

ETA: I will grab a Tek brush later on to compare the two.

Last edited:

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
I will be looking for this brush. I need a new brush, I feel like my paddle brushes are causing slight damage to my hair. I wouldn't mind a seamless comb too.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Ladies, I just saw the tek brushes in TJ Maxx for $12.99. I'm tempted to go back and buy some for X-Mas/Kwanzaa gifts.

I should have waited that's $10 less than I paid on eBay.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

McQuay30

Can I use this in the shower with water running over my hair. I want to get one because finger detangling is becoming quite the chore, now that my hair is getting longer. I really want to start removing all my shed hair. When I wash every 4 days my hair is easy to finger detangle. If I get caught up in other stuff it can take a very long time to finger detangle.

@tjrj, the tag said wet or dry, the original for$33, talked abt using while wet but to make sure to dry for possible warping.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
Ladies, I just saw the tek brushes in TJ Maxx for $12.99. I'm tempted to go back and buy some for X-Mas/Kwanzaa gifts. I should have waited that's $10 less than I paid on eBay. Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF
Good because I planned on going to TJ Maxx first. Thanksss

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Ladies, I received the S Shape Bass in the mail today. The bristles on the Tek are more rounded than the Bass. The Bass bristles are pointy, but rounded if that makes any sense. The Tek has more give when you press on the bristles and/or rubber pad. I think the Tek would be more soothing to the scalp based on the give and perfectly rounded bristles.

I have not actually used either in my hair and/or on my scalp yet.
ForumRunner_20140710_183353.jpg

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

McQuay30

I have the Bass which is good but now I have the Tek and can tell the difference bristle and the give in the brush.

image-2656613186.jpg

Bass brush

image-3410028890.jpg

Tek brush

McQuay30

Applying pressure

image-388996584.jpg

Hope you can tell the difference in pressure, Tek brush is so easy

image-944080262.jpg

Tek brush also appear to weigh less

McQuay30

Getting the Tek brush and seeing the difference between Tek and Bass is really making me consider getting the Widu brush which should be even better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using LHCF

CocoGlow

Getting the Tek brush and seeing the difference between Tek and Bass is really making me consider getting the Widu brush which should be even better.

McQuay30

I thought the Tek was the Italian version of the Widu ... same product, different name .... maybe I got it mixed up?

ETA: Yeah did some research, it's definitely the same product ... even on the Widu site they mention that they are Italian made brushes ... they look the same too ... https://www.widu.com/category/9120

Last edited:

McQuay30

McQuay30

I thought the Tek was the Italian version of the Widu ... same product, different name .... maybe I got it mixed up?

ETA: Yeah did some research, it's definitely the same product ... even on the Widu site they mention that they are Italian made brushes ... they look the same too ... https://www.widu.com/category/9120

NappyRina, I believe the difference is the Widu brush is finished by a coating of linseed oil and beeswax, which I feel would make the brush even smoother for the hair.

Soratachi

NappyRina, I believe the difference is the Widu brush is finished by a coating of linseed oil and beeswax, which I feel would make the brush even smoother for the hair.

It is written in Italian but the TEK brush has the same coatings too.

caliscurls

Bought the Widu last week and used it for my dry detangle (just used a bit of oil and light spritz of water). The bristles give quite a bit as you're brushing. I have no concerns using this on a regular basis as it was very gentle.

Ann0804

I'm a 4c and I got the tek brush yesterday at Marshall's for $12.99. I mist my hair with water, applied a leave-in conditioner and it did not go well.

I stopped using it after detangling the front section of my hair because so much hair was in the brush. The amount of hair in the tek brush for this small section was what I would have in the denman after detangling my whole head.

#fingerdetangle

My sister who is type 3 loves these types of brushes and told me months ago and I was like- no thank you.

atlien11

I'm a 4c and I got the tek brush yesterday at Marshall's for $12.99. I mist my hair with water, applied a leave-in conditioner and it did not go well.

I stopped using it after detangling the front section of my hair because so much hair was in the brush. The amount of hair in the tek brush for this small section was what I would have in the denman after detangling my whole head.

#fingerdetangle

My sister who is type 3 loves these types of brushes and told me months ago and I was like- no thank you.

Ann0804 I only use this once a week in the shower when my hair is fully saturated with water + conditioner. I think just misting water on my hair with a leave-in would not do the trick :nono:

Its just enough to remove the shed hair from the week. This brush is probably a great option for those who cannot get a full detangle from their fingers only or had a denamn rip through their hair. I wish i could just finger detangle but, not the case. I have no idea what my hair type is but i think its 4a.

Soratachi

I received my 2 Kent brushes. I will give a full review on Sunday for my wash day.

They do not have incredible give like the TEK but they are more flexible than my Denman that ripped my hair and went to brush hell.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I am loving my Bass brush. I don't think I am going to purchase the Tek one. It had a good amount of give and there was barely any hair in the brush after detangling my whole head. This is my new and only staple brush!!

Last edited: