Oils,Grease,Pomades,Butters,Lotions,Cremes Challenge 2014

Lita

After my wash & dc,TerraVeda pumpkin & marshmallow leave in,MC cocomallow on scalp & MC infused coconut icing on my ends..

*Soft moisturized detangled hair..Smeels yummy.

Happy Hair Growing!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Lita

The HoneyBerry is the product I was sent by mistake when I first ordered from her.

(Remember I said I got something I didn't even order?) It was the HoneyBerry Leave-In.

It's a light lotion. What I will be curious in, is how it compares to the Goji Berry Silk.

I had originally said I was going to try the HoneyBerry as a cowash.

Smells good. I'll use it longer to decide how it is as a lotion.

Girl...it doesn't matter at this point any way if I liked it or Loved it.:lol:

Especially since she's closing.:ohwell:

caliscurls

Trying to find the perfect combo to allow me to leave my hair alone in this crown braid for 2-3 days:
- Oyin Hair Dew root to tip in sections
- Bekura Palm Tapioca applied same as above
- MYHC Buttery Soy applied same as above

xu93texas

I applied Green Magic to scalp. I spritzed my hair with HTN Follicle Mist. I M&S with Natty Moist and APB oil.

toaster

Used the Cantu for Natural Hair Creamy Hair Lotion and shea butter for my twists today. I usually shellack my hair with the Cantu Leave in Cream AND the Curl Cream AND shea butter for my twists and my hair is always very soft and moisturized, but it also takes forever and a day to dry.

I always t-shirt dry my naked hair for 20 minutes before applying my product and twisting. I sit under the dryer for an hour, and then continue to air dry over night and sometimes my hair is still wet in the morning.

At first I blamed this on being low porosity but really I was just using literally scoops and scoops of process. This time I only used a quarter sized portion of the lotion for each twist (8 twists total) and a fingertip amount of shea butter.

My hair is SOFT. Like, almost blow dried soft. And I can tell it will be dry. I'm not sure what kind of definition/ hold my twistout will have tomorrow but I'll see.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
EVCO

I always feel so underwhelming in my 'products' considering all the cool pomades and oils up in here. Dag...

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Used avocado oil and Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade for my twists

( I am constantly using oils, pomades, butters, lotions, and cremes but I really need to remember to post in here more)

caliscurls

Yesterday: massaged LG Growth Oil into scalp
Today: Nada - my hair is still moisturized from the Oyin Hair Dew / Bekura Palm Tapioca / MYHC Buttery Soy combo

spacetygrss

Last night I massaged my scalp and edges with Njoy growth oil.
This morning, I spritzed my ends with Gregg's Juice, smoothed some JBCO over them and then layered Whipped Pudding over that.

toaster

So my day 1 hair with the cantu lotion and Shea butter came out like my day 2 hair usually. Very soft, fluffy, and defined. :thumbsup: I'll see how it holds up over the next few days but this is probably a winning combo.

image-989197793.jpg

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
I noticed the ends of my twists felt dry from rubbing across my shoulders all week.

This morning I used Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel leave in conditioner & Tropic Isle Living JBCO pomade on my ends and bunned.

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I did:
L Liquid = Apoghee
L Lotion = Hydratherma Naturals Lotion
O Oil = KeraVada Keynan Coffee (Warm Vanilla or Cotton Candy) Don't know. They need to Label their scents on the bottle.
P Pomade = Oyin's Sugar Berries

spacetygrss

I spritzed my hair with Greg's juice, twisted it up in fat twists with Whipped Butter and slathered my scalp with NJoy growth oil. About to recruit DH to massage my scalp.