Product Review: This Brush Replaced My Denam

winona

I wonder why these brushes are only $10-14 at my local Marshall's? I love my widu for getting out all shed hair while being gentle:)

fluffyforever

I went out today and bought the Tek brush from TJ Maxx. (Note that I went to two different TJ stores as the inner city one didn't have any trace of Tek). It was $12.99.

I must say how impressed I am with this paddle brush (oval shaped). I like paddle brushes and have used the tangle teaser, wet brush, denman, and others. The construction of Tek is far superior. It is truly seamless unlike the the others and the wooden peg bristles are smooth like plastic.

My main complaint with the denman is that it is too rigid and I feel the Tek is more pliable. My complaints with the tangle teaser and the Wet Brush is that they are not seamless and the Wet Brush has the bottom of the pins folded under and sticking back out of the rubber base which causes my hair to get stuck in between the pins. My coils also wrap around the balls of the Wet Brush. The Tek doesn't have a balls at the tips. Also when bending the Tek bristle, no hole gapes open. It's a smooth exit.

atlien11

s2fast4ya
~*~ShopAholic~*~
McQuay30

Just wanted to say a big THANKS to you ladies. I found two more of these brushes at Marshalls here in atlanta. I ended up getting another square one and picked up the oval one as well and they were the last two at this particular store for only $12.99. I basically got two for the same price as the first one i bought in New York :yay:

Awesome suggestion!!
-Atlien11

Last edited:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I went to the TJMaxx around the corner from me and all I found was one empty Tek box. :ohwell: I went to another TJMaxx and they had no Teks but I did find this:

I got it for $4.99. It's nice so far.

Last edited:

McQuay30

I went out today and bought the Tek brush from TJ Maxx. (Note that I went to two different TJ stores as the inner city one didn't have any trace of Tek). It was $12.99. I must say how impressed I am with this paddle brush (oval shaped). I like paddle brushes and have used the tangle teaser, wet brush, denman, and others. The construction of Tek is far superior. It is truly seamless unlike the the others and the wooden peg bristles are smooth like plastic. My main complaint with the denman is that it is too rigid and I feel the Tek is more pliable. My complaints with the tangle teaser and the Wet Brush is that they are not seamless and the Wet Brush has the bottom of the pins folded under and sticking back out of the rubber base which causes my hair to get stuck in between the pins. My coils also wrap around the balls of the Wet Brush. The Tek doesn't have a balls at the tips. Also when bending the Tek bristle, no hole gapes open. It's a smooth exit.

fluffyforever, yes the Wet Brush have that craziness going on at the rubber base, once I saw that I was like oh no......otherwise their bristles are soooo flexible.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

PureSilver

paddle brush.jpg

I bought this yesterday, it detangle my 15weeks post NG very well on dry hair of course. It's not the expensive kind but it works for the most part. I think i may get a round brush next week as well.

Last edited:

meka72

I went to Marshall's today and got the last two TEK paddle brushes! I Intend to give one brush to my daughter but Shea been throwing a lot of shade lately. Lol. She might just have to be tangled.

ChristmasCarol

I've used this a few times while co-washing and I still give it thumbs up!

Only time will tell, however...I have a mistrust of brushes, in general.

atlien11

I went to Marshall's today and got the last two TEK paddle brushes! I Intend to give one brush to my daughter but Shea been throwing a lot of shade lately. Lol. She might just have to be tangled.

meka72 Please keep us posted once you try it a few times, and also how you used it (wet hair vs dry hair etc). LOL @ your daughter walking around tangled :lol:

PlainJane

I haven't been able to find this brush anywhere. I'm going to try searching TJ maxx again this week. Has anyone else had luck finding it still?

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
For those that can't find a Tek at TJMaxx/Marshall's:
Our Best Sale of the Year

20% Off and
*Free Ground Shipping
*United States & Canada

Enter the Code: thanks2014
&
the discounts will be taken

Widu.com

Dee Raven

Wow, I used to have one of the brushes years ago when I was relaxed and I loved it. But I never imagined it could go through natural hair. Will have to reconsider.

Beamodel

I just purchased this brush today from TJ Maxx.

I'm relaxed and it is a very effective brush. My other brush was ripping my hair out.

Babygrowth

This forum had me scared of brushes until I tried one again because I had no choice and realized my fine hair needs them. I'm going to Marshall's/tj maxx to see if I can find this.

Soratachi

I found them in my local TK Maxx(Uk & Ireland name for TJ Maxx), reduced price so I bought 2 of them.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I just purchased this brush today from TJ Maxx.

I'm relaxed and it is a very effective brush. My other brush was ripping my hair out.

I want this. What section in TJ Maxx is it in?

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Beamodel

I want this. What section in TJ Maxx is it in? Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Froreal3

It's in the hair section. They had the shampoos & conditioners on one side and on the other aisle was the hair brushes and make up. I paid $14.99 for mines. Also try Marshalls.