• Mixed with other conditioners to dc

Votes: 23 19.7%
  • As a final quickie condition after dc'ing

Votes: 57 48.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

SherylsTresses

Coincidentally, I just purchased the conditioner after being advised to do so. Kami11213 uses it and she's MBL quickly approaching WL. Today, I mixed 1 tbsp with my conditioner. I'm thinking of using it as a final rinse after my DC. :spinning:

aa9746

Has anyone tried Roux 2 phase, it is a leave in with a ph of 2.5? Could it be used after Porosity Control as a last step?

Netta1

Forgive me but is "porisity control" the name of an actual conditioning product?

If so what does the bottle look like and where do you get it?

If not what are some conditioners that help porosity control?

Tx Ladies!

Last edited:

Aggie

Forgive me but is "porisity control" the name of an actual conditioning product?

If so what does the bottle look like and where do you get it?

If not what are some conditioners that help porosity control?

Tx Ladies!

Porosity Control is an actual conditioner by Roux. They apparently carry other products like Roux Porosity Control shampoo among others...

Sally's Beauty Supply store carry it and I'm sure a few other BSS as well.

Jetblackhair

Glad I saw this thread.
I just used the PC shampoo for the first time & the conditioner last night.

The poo gave me a lot of slip & it was moisturizing. After I used it I did a deep condition with a Pantene Mask and then I used the PC conditioner with a little Hello Hydration.

Well, my hair is very soft and it seems like the products took away some of my frizziness & volume.

I don't have that poofiness to my hair. I'm natural by the way.

Netta1

Porosity Control is an actual conditioner by Roux. They apparently carry other products like Roux Porosity Control shampoo among others...

Sally's Beauty Supply store carry it and I'm sure a few other BSS as well.

Thank you!

tgrowe

I use it on my hair when doing a touch to protect the already processed hair (well that and vaseline).

Thanks for reminding me I forgot that step! I updated my regi on my blog.

Me too. I apply PC to my hair right before I relax and I achieve wonderful results. It helps your hair receive the chemical treatment better and reduce the shock your hair receives from the chemicals (perms, relaxers, color).
I also use it after I wash but before I DC. Never tried it after I DC. May do that to see how it turns out. Either way, I absolutely love Roux porosity control.

Tafa01

Am I think only person that doesn't like it? When I was all relaxed, I didn't know how I should use it.

After a DC, my hair was always so soft. Then, after I would apply PC for 5 min w/o heat and my hair would feel hard and tangle (booo)
I mixed it with my conditioner but, I never noticed a difference between adding it w my condish and just using my condish. (that's why I started to use it alone)

I don't know how it will work on natural hair, but you prob won't need it right? Permed hair is more porous but, I would say just give it a try, it's just condish!

That's what is does to me too. So I mix it with my fav condish (1/3 PC) and leave it on for about a minute or two. Then rince very well and my hair is nice again. I only use it once a week.

Ms.Analeise

Is it better to use the poo, conditioner, and PC for the best results or does the PC alone suffice?

Also, where would the PC fit in if I were to do a protein treatment?

TIA

Last edited:

aa9746

I'm really enjoying my PC and it's now my staple. I usually dread detangling but PC really made it easier to manage my hair. Pics in my fotki

Lita

I use it as a conditioner before I DC.

Porosity Control does help the cuticle to lie flat, but that does not mean it keeps anything "out" of the hair shaft when conditioning. Porosity Control ensures that you have the results you want to have.

Do you want a better relaxer result? Use it before relaxing. Put it in your damp hair (just like the directions say, leave for 30 seconds and rinse). Allow hair to air dry again and then apply relaxer.
* My childhood hairdresser used to do this EVERY TIME he relaxed my hair, and my hair was soooo healthy as a child!!! It never got long because I did so much to it, but it was pretty healthy.
You can use it again after relaxing but before a DC as well.

Do you want your moisturizing conditioner to do what it promised to do? Use PC right before a DC and you will see a major difference in your hair when it is dry and you are styling. :grin:

You really do want the cuticles lying flat when you DC or else the moisture goes in and then right back out again. When you make the cuticles lie flat first, the moisture goes in and STAYS IN.

Same for protein. If your hair really needs it badly and you want a good protein condition, PC first and the do the protein condition. Then follow up again with moisture.

Porosity Control simply controls how porous your hair is...making it not so porous. Porous (or open, which leads to dry, brittle hair) is not good.

Those of us with no lye relaxers will REALLY benefit from PC because no lye relaxers make the hair more porous over time than lye based relaxers do.

Naturals benefit the same way....just minus the relaxers of course. :yep:

I wrote this because some people were wondering why use PC first when it closes the cuticle. Well, it doesn't close it per se....it just makes it normal again...flat and ready to receive what you put on it.

I hope this is helpful to those wanting to know.
(PC masters, please correct anything I wrote incorrectly.)

HHG to us all!!!

cj

So I can Use Henna Before PC?

Kimiche

I will definitely buy this stuff over the weekend. I always see it at Sally's, this time it's coming home with me.

Aggie

I use PC conditioner after every wash and DC now because it really helps my hair and new growth behave so much better, especially since I am 31 weeks post. I sometimes mix it with a little Revlon's French Perm Stabilizer Plus and still get stella results. I know when I relax again, I will really need it then because I am stretching until......well I don't know how long yet:look:.

ETA: I just bought 2 additional bottles this morning - I can't afford to run out of this little hair gem.

Last edited:

FluffyRed

I just bought some of this.

My hair is "catching" after an allnight Redken DC!!!

Using my fingers to place the condish on the extra rough spots, then I'll quickie cowash. I'll report back with results

***btw, the system seems to want you to use the PC condish first, then apply treatment, THEN use the PC shampoo and then fermodyl. So, I am putting on PC condish before my cowash.

ETA - this worked wonders. As my hair dried, it was about half the volume, much softer and less tangly. yippee!!

Last edited:

Okay

So using a ACV rinse wouldnt be the same??

Im not sure i will be able to get it here in denmark, but we do have acv

thanks!!

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I used Roux for the first time a few days ago. My hair was a tangled mess:nono:. I tried it again a few days later but this time I used it after shampooing and before my DC. This time came out great.:yep:

liberationtheory

I just want to chime in because I used PC after the rave reviews here.

OMG it is WONDERFUL. I have been natural for 13 years and have suffered dryness and crunchy hair no matter what I did or which products I used. Even after using the best ones, a couple days later, my hair would be crunchy.

Over the weekend, I washed my hair using Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo. Then I applied the PC and combed it through my hair in sections. I let it sit in my hair while I finished my shower. Then I rinsed it out, and applied Pantene Hydrating Curls conditioner and kept it in my hair hours. I rinsed that out, used Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar for moisturizer (since it's water-based), and sealed with Karen's Body Beautiful Hair cream as the sealant.

My hair is STILL soft and moisturized. Now, I've used all of these products before so the only difference is using the PC. I've only used it this once, so I'm going to continue using it weekly over the next month before I give a definitive review. So far, so good!