• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

diomoness, babydollhair, jade21 got ridiculously great growth from Chlorella. They claim 1 1/2 to 2 inches a month. And before you guys balk, I've achieved over an inch from my diet, and tea rinse so I KNOW anything is possible. And worse case scenario, so what if yours isn't that much, what if you can double or triple your growth rate?

With that in mind:
1)Who is still taking it?
2)Who is thinking about it?
3)For those still taking it, how is it working for you in the long run? What benefits (hair growth, skin?) It seems to be said that it also helps people look amazingly youthful and also detoxifies the body.

Heck, I'm running to the store today for mine.

This is from Hub Pages: http://hubpages.com/hub/Chlorella-De...-and-Energizer

Better Skin, Hair, Nails and Figure
Chlorella’s exceptional high concentration of vital nutrients makes it ideal as a beauty aid. It improves complexion, strengthens nails and activates hair growth. Taken regularly, Chlorella restores the body’s natural inner balance to reduce appetite and promote weight loss. It has no wonder that Chlorella users not only feel healthier and have more stamina, but are also told they look younger.

Health Benefits of the Cell Wall
Chlorella’s unique cell wall is one of the important factors which set it apart from the other green foods. The Chlorella cell wall has the remarkable capacity to bind toxins and cleanse the body of harmful chemicals and pollutants in the blood and lymphatics. The cells walls are also an excellent source of fiber which promotes bowel function and regularity, an important key to a clean and healthy colon.

Another benefit of Chlorella’s cell wall lies in its complex component which stimulates the immune system to produce interferon. Interferon protects the body against infections from influenza viruses and has been proven to demonstrate anti-tumor activity.

The tough cell call, while beneficial is not easily digestible. There is a spray-dried methods used in the process which disintegrates the cell walls without removing them, making the algae over 80% more digestible. This way, you reap the benefits of both the cell nutrients and the cell wall.

100 Natural Chlorella repairs, rejuvenates and restructures body cells to:
Regulates bowelsIncreases resistance to infectionsIncreases stamina and energyCorrects nutritional imbalancesProtects against pollutionRetards the aging processImproves looks and overall healthPromotes stronger nailsGrows thicker, more lustrous hairCombats stress
Green Inside, Clean Inside and Healthy Inside
Diet high in fat and low in fiber are linked to colon cancer. Sluggish elimination results in digestive problems with toxic build-up. Toxins recycle in the body through the blood and lymphatics; this can lead to constipation, piles, poor organ functions and cancer. The bowels develop pockets (diverticula), the lining thickens, which slows down bowel movement (peristalsis). Chlorella nurtures the friendly bowel flora, the lactobacilli which promote digestive functions and peristalsis; thus help maintain, an efficient colon for optimum health.

Research indicates that its unique CGF promotes weight and height gains in growing children. Its immunity-enhancing effects banish colds and flu, relieve arthritic conditions and hasten healing in gastritis. It has proven to be beneficial in lowering cholesterol and reducing high blood pressure. Chlorella also helps combat stress, pollution and halitosis. Its multi-nutrient complex makes Chlorella ideal for athletes and vegetarians.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More info. There's a poll added now.
You can vote for multiple ones because you may be taking more than one kind or have the pill and the powder.
---------------------------------------------------------
Instant Start
Even more info. First thanks to Belle Reveuse28 Most of this is hers and I've just added to it as a bulletin point for those who are new to Chlorella. These are the check points until you have read the whole thread that can get you started instantly. I will constantly add pdfs to this and other items that Muse or others offer so please look to this post, and the second one, as I don't believe it will all fit here:

GO GREEN!!!!!

So you've decided to Go Green but with the many posts here, you're confused. Well, we've sort of put together a "Getting Started" guide for you.

Why Chlorella? Chlorella has not only the ability to grow hair at rapid rates, but also is amazing in it's ability to fight cancerous tumors, to regenerate cells, reduce high blood pressure, blood sugar, chloesterol, and includes every major vitamin, mineral and amino acid one needs to sustain life.

Chlorella has every B-Vitamin, and all others, it also has more protein per serving than beef. In addition it's protein is more readily absorbable than any meat form of protein and is instantly usable by the body. What this means for you is instant nourishment for your body in the form of proteins, amino acids, vitamins, minerals. It's high in amino acids, RNA/DNA building blocks for cells and the body, and sooo many other elements. It is a complete food.

Chlorella is a food, and not a supplement, therefore, you can take as much as you want and what your body will tolerate. It does have detoxing effects, and so, it must be introduced to the body slowly. It is a major part of the Asian diet, and it shows.

Chlorella has been proven to aide in weight loss as it majorly curbs the appetite, and also creates the environment for the body to regulate the metabolism and loose weight. So if you're over weight, it will help you come down to a maintenance level, and if you're at your correct weight, then it will help you maintain that. Chlorella will not cause those who are underweight or the correct weight to lose, as it merely corrects the metabolism. Those with high metabolisms do not need adjustment in this area, so chlorella will go elsewhere where it's needed.

It also combats food allergies. A food allergy is actually defined as a food item that when introduced to the body, creates a craving or the feeling to need that particular food whether that be wheat, sugar, or whatever. It causes a response in the body that turns it into a craving. As these cravings are actually allergies, Chlorella helps fight these allergies by removing the "allergens" or the response to them, and therefore, taking away the desire to eat these particular items. Many have testified to their dislike for sweets and junk food now that Chlorella has been intorduced to the body.

Chlorella Binds to toxins and sucks them out of your system. This includes heavy metals. Chlorella also helps to alkanize the body so that it becomes a lean mean disease fighting machine. Chlorella is said to (after detox) regenerate the body and reviews have claimed to look and feel years younger.

I. Brands

As our poll suggests, Source Naturals, Jarrows, Now, Earth Rise, Whole Foods and Vitamin Shoppe are the most popular brands being used here. We suggest using those brands as you will be able to consult with others as with their experience with these brands. They have also been researched, and therefore, are the highest in CGF, best cost factor, best processing and digestibility, and are all Japanese Yaeyama Chlorella. You DO NOT want to use Chinese Chlorella.
If you are starting out slowly, the tablets will suffice. If however, you know you will eventually take more grams, you will need the powder as it's more economical. Source Naturals for instance ranges between $28 and $32 dollars online and can last for up to five months at 3 grams, over 2 at 6 and so on. Chlorella can be very economical this way.

II. CGF

Chlorella Growth Factor is the most important factor when considering which to use. As stated before, the aforementioned brands have the highest of CGF. CGF is the amount of active amino acids and enzymes that actually are responsible for the regeneration of body cells therefore, increasing your hair growth, nail growth, disease fighting ability, and so on. So far, I think Source Naturals has the highest CGF.

Please read more in the next post below for the rest of your quick start guide as I've run out of room here.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Continuation to quick Start quide!

III. Dosage

As this product is a food, you can take as much as you want. Beginners should take anywhere from 1-3 grams for about a week. If your body responds well, you can begin taking more after that. A good maintenance dosage is 6-9 grams a day. If you are dealing with autoimmune disease, cancer and other thyroid issues, as well as other diseases and ailments, then 10 grams or more is recommended until the issues have been resolved. Please note that others can take these amounts too in order to go green but should eventually go to the maintanence dose (unless tackling a particular ailment or if you are vegetarian.In that case you can take higher doses to get all the protein you need in a day).

Going Green:
Going green simply means green poop. If it isn't green you're not taking enough! I'll repeat that: If it isn't green you aren't taking enough. Before you run and try to force green stop! Do not increase just for green. Increase as your body adjusts to detox symptoms until you go green (and onward to your goal dose).

Responding well: If you receive Constipation or Diarrhea your body is not responding well. You must lower your dosage and get things moving so to speak if you have constipation because it means you are detoxing too fast. The same is necessary if you have diarrhea. You must stay at the lower number until the symptoms subside and then you can slowly increase until you get to your goal chlorella intake.

IV. Ways to take it

As most use the powdered form, it is the most cost effective as you get more bang for your buck. The most popular way people are taking it is mixing it with either Bolthouse Farms, Whole Foods, or Odwalla Green Drinks. A 32 oz bottle of any of these drinks can go along way. For example, you can mix about 4 oz of green drink with your chlorella and have about 8 days worth of green drink. To stretch it even more, add apple juice or your favorite juice to thin it out. I even suggest adding distilled or spring water to cut down on your sugar intake. The drink still taste good, but resemble a regular drink instead of a smoothy in consistency. This reduction of sugar will also aid in weight loss.

Others make their own shakes, or protein shakes and mix it in with those. There are many, many ways to take this, but I have listed the two most popular.

V. Detox Symptoms

Chlorella binds to heavy metals in the body, purifies the blood and adrenals, and the intestines as well. Because of that, it is normal to experience detox symptoms such as fatigue, nausea, pimples and zits, aches and pains, flu like symptoms, headaches, vomitting, lightheadedness, change in mood, and so forth. Please note that you may show no signs of symptoms and that is also okay but we want to let you know about all the possibilities. As these are all good signs that the body is detoxing, it is good to just ride it out and make it to the other side. They normally last a few days, and sometimes, can be lessened as you reduce your dosage. This is why it's important to introduce Chlorella gradually so that the body doesn't detox too fast. The only simple to watch is if you have violent vomitting. Please follow the steps listed below for that particular concern.

Detox symptoms that are unusual but can happen:
Faint or Vomiting: Hightly unusual but I want to mention it as I wish for safety! Here's the LD Checklist. If you vomit you must have a check list. 1) Make sure that your chlorella is NOT chinese as it is not held to inspection standards and can be corrupt. 2) Try a lowered dose (the minimum lowest possible) with food if you have tried it without. In addition even if this is the reverse info it still holds true: if you've taken it with food, take it without food. We've found that some people's bodies respond differently to how to take it. 3) Drink lots of water 4) If this still does not work you may be one of the select few who are allergic and must discontinue. Please save receipts so you can take it back if necessary. Please follow the necessary steps 2 and 3 if you are feeling faint. Some have felt faint when they have taken it without food and vice versa, so just switch the way you take it and see how you respond. If you are still feeling faint, reduce your dosage and follow the steps above. Faint is usually not an allergic response and is a detox symptom so you must find a way to ride it out so to speak by lowering your dose, changing the way you take it, and drinking lots of water. Only with vomiting must you watch to see if you should discontinue.

which one depends on you. Pills may be the way to go in the beginning as you will be taking a smaller dose. Powder is something that is more economical and for larger doses (or those who just don't want to take power).

To help the Powder go down:
Take it with:
Applesauce, Apple Juice, Naked Juice (whole foods) Green (very popular choice), Trader Joe's version, or Bolthouse Green Goodness. For the bold go with water! Get creative some of us are looking into adding to cooked foods for kids. You can take it any way you want.

Watch your intake of juice and you may want to add water to reduce sugar, stretch juice for economical reasons.
Notes on Weight loss/ Stabilization
Studies show Chlorella may help reduce weight and fat in those that are overweight. In those that are not, this is a non issue as chlorella only balances the body and your body is already balanced in that area (thus no need to speed up the metabolism). Relax as you will not lose weight if you don't need to as chlorella will balance the body. For those that need to lose weight, chlorella will provide the environment to do that. If you eat big macs everyday, that's another story. You may find yourself wanting healthier options naturally after taking chlorella. A lot of us were suprised when that happened!

----------------------------------------------------

FINALLY NUTRIENT CONTENT

You really don't need a multi vitamin so you can just throw that out...unless you still want to.
Here's the info:
Chlorella contains a greater quantity of fatty acids than either Spirulina or Lake Klamath wild blue green algae. About 20 of these fatty acids make up the artery cleansing, omega-3, alpha-linolenic variety and it is believed that this is one reason why Chlorella has been shown to be so effective in reducing cholesterol in the body and in reducing atherosclerosis.

This list is for a small amount of chlorella when you take the amounts suggested your benefits go waaay up from this list.

:
http://www.pure-chlorella.com/info.html#composition
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial][SIZE=+2]Composition of Chlorella[/SIZE][/FONT] General Analysis

Moisture:3.6%Protein:60.5%Fat:11.0%Carbohydrate:20.1%Fiber:0.2%Ash:4.6%Calories:421/100 gVitamins and Minerals

Vitamin A activity:55,500.0 IU/100g
B-carotene:180.8 mg/100g
Chlorophyll a1,469.0mg /100g
Chlorophyll b613.0 mg/100g
Thiamine (vitamin B-1)1.5mg/100g
Riboflavin (vitamin B-2)4.8 mg/100g
Pyridoxine (vitamin B-6)1.7 mg/100g
Vitamin B-12125.9 mcg/100g
Vitamin C15.6 mg/100g
Vitamin E1.0 IU/100g
Niacin23.8 mg/100g/TD>
Pantothenic acid1.3 mg/100g
Folic acid26.9 mcg/100g
Biotin191.6 mcg/100g
PABA0.6 mg/100g
Inositol165.0 mg/100g
Calcium203.0 mg/100g
Phosphorus989.0 mg/100g
Magnesium315.0 mg/100g
Iron167.0mg/100g
Zinc71.0 mg/100g
Copper0.08 mg/100g
Fatty Acids

Unsaturated fatty acids81.8%Saturated fatty acids18.2%C14:00.6%C14:10.9% C14:20.9%C16:015.6%C16:19.1%C16:25.5%C16:317.1%C18:02.0%C18:110.0%C18:215.5%C18:322.8%

Amino Acids

Lysine3.46
Cystine:0.38
Histidine1.29
Valine3.64
Arginine3.64
Methionine1.45
Aspartic acid5.20
Isoleucine2.63
Threonine2.70
Leucine5.26
Serine2.78
Tyrosine2.09
Glutamic acid6.29
Phenylalanine3.08
Proline2.93
Ornithine0.06
Glycine3.40
Tryptophan0.59
Alanine4.80

------
Other Chlorella Uses
Masks:
1) Luckiest Destiny
Just chlorella and lotion and let it dry on where ever your scars are.

2) Yodie post #3532
In reference to face lotion/face moisturizer:
mix powder with either lotion or moisturizer in order to make my mask.
I might throw in a little ground oatmeal, add a little water and mix it all up.

3)Sheba1 #3545
Mix CHL with:
1. a gentle cleanser. cetaphil is my favorite
2. regular exfoliation. when I was giving regular facials I had to sell women all kinds of hoopla, but the best natural exfoliator, IMO is a mixture of baking soda, apple cider vinegar and water. Enough to make a paste. Gentle circles as applying, no pressure. This can be done every other day, but it's gentle enough that daily won't hurt.
3. Moisture. (yep, your cetaphil cleanser can double as a moisturizer. it's that gentle!) If you suffer from acne you can add the tiniest dollop of 10% solution benzoyl peroxide to your cetaphil as you smooth it on your face for moisture. Always rinse after exfoliating with the baking soda/vinegar mixture, though. Then dry with the paper towel.

4) Kitamay #3546

Mix just Chl and aloe vera gel. Keep overnight.

5)ADB #3553
Add Chlorella and witch hazel mask. I exfoliate first, then I leave the mask on for 3 hours and my skin glows after!!!

6) HAIRHUSTLA #3556
1/2 tsp of chlorella
1 tablespoon of bentonite clay (ain't nothin else like it, not even rhassoul)
1 tsp of aloe vera
1/2 tsp olive oil

mix,keep on for 10 to 15 mins. Rinse.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I'm hoping so too. I have some chlorella in my green foods drink, and I noticed that I dropped weight in like two days. So I started dissecting the ingredients in the drink. The only one that I didn't know about was chlorella so I did research online and then in the forum and found some threads from a couple to a few years ago. So I thought an update would be needed.

Anyone want to update us on your progress with chlorella?

scarcity21

i have been on chlorella off and on for a couple months now....i love it bcos it keeps me regular, i havent noticed any effects on my hair (im usually not that observant:lachen:) and also i have natural hair with over 70% shrinkage and i havent straightened in a while. Anywho the only side effects are know are green stool (sorry TMI) and when u 1st start taking it, it has a mild laxative effect. It is considered one of the Superfoods and it contains aminos and chlorophyll. Im up for a challenge bcos here lately ive been consistent with taking it, its just so expensive for my student wallet:)

princesszmunda

Oooh this sounds interesting. I would definitely like to hear more and would consider using it.

I am still trying to find the right balance and regimen...it seems to be taking me longer than others.

Can't wait to hear more.

Where can you buy it?

PZ

luckiestdestiny

Oooh this sounds interesting. I would definitely like to hear more and would consider using it.

I am still trying to find the right balance and regimen...it seems to be taking me longer than others.

Can't wait to hear more.

Where can you buy it?

PZ

I'm going to go to wholefoods and see if they have it. But I did search online and it seems readily available online too.

LoveLiLi

I've been taking chlorella for several months and I've had really good growth lately. I usually get 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month and now I can count on an inch a month.

I also use/take other things for hair growth, so I can't give chlorella all the credit.

belle_reveuse28

I'm hoping so too. I have some chlorella in my green foods drink, and I noticed that I dropped weight in like two days. So I started dissecting the ingredients in the drink. The only one that I didn't know about was chlorella so I did research online and then in the forum and found some threads from a couple to a few years ago. So I thought an update would be needed.

Anyone want to update us on your progress with chlorella?

I'm interested... I heard green foods were great for teh immune system etc... I didn't know they made the hair grow, although, I guess I take that back because I remember awhile ago people taking spirulina (which is a form of algae) to help the hair grow.. Where is the thread with the girls you mentioned talking about how it makes their hair grow? Also, wha'ts the name of the green drink you are drinking that's helping your weight loss and where can I find it?

Thanks so much! HOpefully we can find something beneificial here.. I would love to have assistance with weight loss as well, so this seems like a good thing.

Carolina18

Hey Luckiestdestiny! Haven't seen you in a while.

I'm about to start taking chlorella - could anyone advise on how much one can take?

scarcity21

Can't wait to hear more.

Where can you buy it?

PZ

I buy mine from the vitamin shoppe

scarcity21

I'm about to start taking chlorella - could anyone advise on how much one can take?

Im at work right now so I cant look at the pack to tell u the "mg" or "dose" but whateva brand u get should tell u how much to take...I do know the more u take, the superior ur benefits atleast thats what the brand that im taking claims:yep:

luckiestdestiny

I've been taking chlorella for several months and I've had really good growth lately. I usually get 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month and now I can count on an inch a month.

I also use/take other things for hair growth, so I can't give chlorella all the credit.

That's really compelling evidence that I should take it on a continuous basis. Thanks for that.

BTW any side effects good or bad?

luckiestdestiny

I'm interested... I heard green foods were great for teh immune system etc... I didn't know they made the hair grow, although, I guess I take that back because I remember awhile ago people taking spirulina (which is a form of algae) to help the hair grow.. Where is the thread with the girls you mentioned talking about how it makes their hair grow? Also, wha'ts the name of the green drink you are drinking that's helping your weight loss and where can I find it?

Thanks so much! HOpefully we can find something beneificial here.. I would love to have assistance with weight loss as well, so this seems like a good thing.

Funny thing is, even though I'm looking to get in shape and get off about fifteen pounds, I didn't buy the green drink with that in mind. I bought it just for health.

It was a welcome side effect.

It's just Whole Foods Greens Blend (I didn't want to buy the other brands because they were so expensive, so I just got the little jar of their blend to see what I thought of it.) You should be able to find it if you have a whole foods in the supplement section by the other green drink stuff.
It's in a black container with a green, yellow label. Underneath GREENS BLEND it says "comprehensive phytonutrient blend" that's the one you want. BTW it's vegetarian so even vegetarians and meat eaters alike can get it.
As for the other thread, I'm on my way out, but I'll post the link when I get back, after I do another search for it.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Im at work right now so I cant look at the pack to tell u the "mg" or "dose" but whateva brand u get should tell u how much to take...I do know the more u take, the superior ur benefits atleast thats what the brand that im taking claims:yep:

Yes, it would seem that you can take as much as you like from the research I did. However it also detoxes the body, so I was reading it's best to start on the light to medium end, and work your way up week by week so as not to get constipation, etc. It is supposed to regulate your digestive system so it is supposed to make you more regular if you do it right. So if you're getting constipated, you're taking too much and should lower your dose until your body detoxes before increasing it. I wish I had the article in front of me, but I don't. I combed the internet looking at article after article and taking little notes of the important stuff. In my green drink there's 350 mg of chlorella (plus other stuff)
and it says to take it one or more times per day.

The first day I took just one scoop in some juice.
When I noticed the results, I upped it to two scoops because I just got so happy. I think I'll stay there. What I might do, after seeking out other forms of chlorella, after seeing the does recommended on the bottles, is maybe one green drink and whatever minimal dose recommended on the pill bottle. I'm going to see after I read the directions.

strawbearysweet

I took chlorella and spirulina for a little over a month b/c I think they are meant to compliment each other. Truthfully, I didn't see a significant difference in my hair growth and I chose not to continue the supplements the full 60-90 days. Based on research I am pretty sure if you have the patience to stick with it then they will work wonders. I can say that I got the quickest growth from taking kelp. Definately 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches in one month, however, those effects wore off after about 3 months. During that time I also received alot of compliments on my skin. I was also taking flax seed oil and cod liver oil at the time. hth

LoveLiLi

Someone was kind enough to post an article, or at least a link to one in a previous thread and it stated that chlorella and spirulina are considered foods - so you cannot overdose. The man who made this statement took a few grams of spirulina and chlorella with each meal (six tablets of each with each meal iirc).

I would advise against starting out with this much because even a much smaller amount of these causes you to go to the bathroom.

I read some of the older threads about chlorophyll, spirulina and chlorella for hair growth and honeybabychile :nono:. I rushed out and got all three. I put a tablespoon of liquid chlorophyll in a bottle of water and took a couple of tablets of chlorella and spirulina a little later. I was leisurely shopping in the grocery store and I had to hurry home. A natural disaster of catastrophic proportions was narrowly avoided :blush: :lachen:.

So...yeah... work these into your routine slowly.

LoveLiLi

That's really compelling evidence that I should take it on a continuous basis. Thanks for that.

BTW any side effects good or bad?

Other than the fact that it makes you go to the bathroom when you first start taking it, there are none. Well, your you-know-what will be blue or green depending on which one you take more of - I don't take them in equal amounts.

I have noticed increased hair growth, clearer skin (I took Accutane last year though), better digestion, better mood overall, more energy, and my allergies haven't been as bad. However, I also take Shin Men and I was taking Biosil for a while. I also went through a few bottles of Ovation and I use Gro-aut at least two days out of the week. I eat salmon frequently, drink mainly water and I take EPO, Flaxseed oil, Primal Defense and I just started R lipoic acid last week. I drink aloe water daily as well.

I have good growth, but as you can see, I can never attribute it all to one supplement/product.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Girl I am on my way to the store right now to get chlorophyll, spirulina and chlorella for weight and hair. Ohhhh I can make a killer smoothie with this.

mamauv2

I got painful detox feelings from taking this stuff. Bad stomach cramping, I quit after a week. I may try again and see if it was a fluke or not

IndianAngel22

Girl I am on my way to the store right now to get chlorophyll, spirulina and chlorella for weight and hair. Ohhhh I can make a killer smoothie with this.

I'm on ebay trying to get me some! I wonder which kind I'm supposed to get? Is it the combo of Chlorophyll and Chlorella? Can I just take Chlorella you think?

luckiestdestiny

I'm on ebay trying to get me some! I wonder which kind I'm supposed to get? Is it the combo of Chlorophyll and Chlorella? Can I just take Chlorella you think?

Chlorella has chlorophyll in it. I'm just doing Chlorella because it also has one of the highest doses of Chlorophyll per supplement. You can do either both, or just Chlorella. If there was a choice between them I say go Chlorella as it is the one with both in it anyways.

Last edited: