I Bought The Revlon Ionic Steam Rollers

Hairryette

Thanx so much for this thread! I so need to pick up some Steam Rollers :)

My question is, are the steam rollers used after you blow-dry?

I hope this wasnt a dumb question :ohwell:

VelvetRain

No question is a dumb question here. Ask away!

Yes you can use them after you blowdry and your hair is nice and straight. Although I don't blow dry my hair. I use the rollers to maintain curl and style in my hair days after a fresh rollerset.

gorgeoushair

I almost had one on ebay, the revlon ionic, but I didn't bid on time b/c I didn't wake up in time. I am sooo mad at myself. I have been looking for one on ebay for a while and one was finally on there and I had to miss it-DANG IT. Oh well...... maybe next time.

secretdiamond

So let me get this straight: dry heat (blow dryer, hood dryer, curling iron, flat iron) = bad. Steam heat = good? So does this mean it is safe to use everyday and not experience damage at all? I thought all heat was bad for the hair. How is this different? Please explain. TIA.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
secretdiamond said:
So let me get this straight: dry heat (blow dryer, hood dryer, curling iron, flat iron) = bad. Steam heat = good? So does this mean it is safe to use everyday and not experience damage at all? I thought all heat was bad for the hair. How is this different? Please explain. TIA.

I used my Ionic Steam Rollers two days in a row, and I was thinking the same thing. Is it safe for usage daily????

taraglam2

SerenityBreeze said:
Thanks for posting the pic! Whohoo!! I am off for my new purchase. I luv me some steam rollers!

This week-end steam rollers purchase it is ! I was just talking to a co-worker about Caruso rollers yesterday ! Thanks everyone for this post ! I can't wait to try them out !

MzTami said:
I used my Ionic Steam Rollers two days in a row, and I was thinking the same thing. Is it safe for usage daily????

I posted this in a previous thread after doing some research before I bought mine this is what I found:

Beauty advice: steam vs. electric curlers, which is better?

A debate over the advantages and disadvantages of using steam heat versus using electirc heat to style hair.

There a few drawbacks of using electric rollers and electric curling irons. The extreme heat may also cause damage to the hair follicle. This can result in split ends and heat damage, which causes hair to dry out and break very easily.

A wonderful alternative to using electric heat to curl hair is investing in a steam curling iron and rollers. Steam rollers can be used on all types of hair, including synthetic wigs. They are gentle on hair and can deliver a great, long-lasting curl. The steam adds moisture as it curls and prevents hair from drying out from the heat of the iron or rollers. Steam heat is also more successful in locking in curls. Hair is conditioned by the steam moisture and can add soft waves to even the most curl-resistant hair, leaving it softer and more manageable. An added bonus of steam heat is the shine it gives to any hairstyle. One would think that steam or humidity would makes hair frizzy or flat, but most steam-heated styling tools only use gentle moisture to penetrate the hair's molecular core, allowing it to relax and bend. As the moisture evaporates, the hair is set in a curled position. The molecule hold is so strong; it can only be released by washing the hair. Because there is no damaging heat, these tools can be used as often as necessary.

Another huge bonus is how much more quickly the curl sets using steam heat. There is no need to wait for the curls to set. Each section of hair should only take about 30 seconds. The result is shiny and bouncy curls with little or no damage and the curls last all day. There are really no drawbacks for using steam heat when compared with electric heat. Any heat styling tool has the potential to damage your hair, but steam heat allows you to style hair more quickly with the moisture it needs to stay healthy.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Naijaqueen said:
I just bought caresetter ionic steam rollers at target, they didnt have revlon, and there was a price cut on this one for $19.99
I had these by Remington I didn't like them took too long to heat up 14 min. and then after 5 min my clients hair was not quite dry I use a little of Biosilk mousse on dry hair and the curls were not completely dry so I had to place them back on the setter to heat them up again and re-curl the hair to comepletely dry the hair, the hair was not soaking wet at all it was just about dry. I'll be trying the Revlon or Carrusso.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
SerenityBreeze said:
I posted this in a previous thread after doing some research before I bought mine this is what I found:

Beauty advice: steam vs. electric curlers, which is better?

A debate over the advantages and disadvantages of using steam heat versus using electirc heat to style hair.

There a few drawbacks of using electric rollers and electric curling irons. The extreme heat may also cause damage to the hair follicle. This can result in split ends and heat damage, which causes hair to dry out and break very easily.

A wonderful alternative to using electric heat to curl hair is investing in a steam curling iron and rollers. Steam rollers can be used on all types of hair, including synthetic wigs. They are gentle on hair and can deliver a great, long-lasting curl. The steam adds moisture as it curls and prevents hair from drying out from the heat of the iron or rollers. Steam heat is also more successful in locking in curls. Hair is conditioned by the steam moisture and can add soft waves to even the most curl-resistant hair, leaving it softer and more manageable. An added bonus of steam heat is the shine it gives to any hairstyle. One would think that steam or humidity would makes hair frizzy or flat, but most steam-heated styling tools only use gentle moisture to penetrate the hair's molecular core, allowing it to relax and bend. As the moisture evaporates, the hair is set in a curled position. The molecule hold is so strong; it can only be released by washing the hair. Because there is no damaging heat, these tools can be used as often as necessary.

Another huge bonus is how much more quickly the curl sets using steam heat. There is no need to wait for the curls to set. Each section of hair should only take about 30 seconds. The result is shiny and bouncy curls with little or no damage and the curls last all day. There are really no drawbacks for using steam heat when compared with electric heat. Any heat styling tool has the potential to damage your hair, but steam heat allows you to style hair more quickly with the moisture it needs to stay healthy.

You are a life saver! One more question...the steam rollers seem to make my ends very frizzy...anyone else hair frizz up with the steam rollers???

Thanks in advance.