Liquid Gold hair growth oil

PureSilver

Just put some on my edges. It keeps it from receding and being bald. There is still room for improvement (gotta lay off the tight buns) but i must say LG works!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Using Green Magic and waiting on my New Java Bean Hair Butter from the MLK Day Sale?

Anyone else place an order during the MLK Day Sale and still waiting??????

BFeathers

I just received this and I think it smells good :look: I don't know maybe I'm just odd.

I can't recall smelling sulfur before but it doesn't smell too strong to me. It just smells pretty good. I've been smelling it a lot and I still like it.

This is my first sew in using my MN mix and I must say I have some hella new growth so I'm using the Liquid Gold only on my edges to separate the two and compare growth so maybe next sew in I'll alternative with MN and LG but I want to see my full growth with the MN exclusively first.

angelface189

I wear my hair mostly in weaves with some leave-out in the front, and I started using LG about 6 weeks ago the help with a bald spot or two I developed from chemical burns. I apply it to my scalp row at a time, then go back over it with my coconut/castor oil mix.

And it has been going well! Finally hair is starting to grow in these spots!

I wish I could use it on my whole head, but I don't want to risk the dryness that sulfur can cause under my tracks, so I'm happy just growing in my spots for now!

JerriBlank

Funny that I am just now seeing this! I just cracked open my second jar of this stuff. The first jar was great, but it gave me headaches, so I begrudgingly gifted it. Lol.
Well, i am mixing this one with some Blue Magic grease. :look:
I don't know if it has worked as yet, but my hair is definitely softer!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@JerriBlank

I started buying the Whipped Butters. I want the Marshmallow and the Green Tea one.

I have x2 of the Whipped Java that smells delicious (if you like the smell of Coffee).

Anyway, not sure if I'll repurchase the Green Magic or the Ginger Crème.

Last time I had them, they both got on my nerves.

I actually just finished up the Ginger and have no immediate plans to repurchase.

But those Whipped Butters are all that.:lick:

JerriBlank

@JerriBlank

I started buying the Whipped Butters. I want the Marshmallow and the Green Tea one.

I have x2 of the Whipped Java that smells delicious (if you like the smell of Coffee).

Anyway, not sure if I'll repurchase the Green Magic or the Ginger Crème.

Last time I had them, they both got on my nerves.

I actually just finished up the Ginger and have no immediate plans to repurchase.

But those Whipped Butters are all that.:lick:

That marshmallow sounds amazing!!! I need that!
*pulls out calculator and looks at check stub*

Angelbean

I have been using the green magic for a couple weeks...it's okay I am not wild about the scent...it smells like thoes dinosaurs generic fruit snacks lol but the java butter is everything!! I want the marshmellow & green tea one:)

mrsrivers

I've never tried sulfur products so I bought the Green Magic and Liquid Gold to see if they worked for me. I have to say that I tend to reach for the Green Magic more because I love the consistency better than the LG.

It's only been 2 weeks but I feel like it's working. I suffered some bad damage recently on my nape and I have noticed more growth than I normally get. I may try to alternate the LG and Green Magic every other usage.

I don't care for the smell but it's worth it if it helps me grow thicker hair.

BFeathers

I have been using the green magic for a couple weeks...it's okay I am not wild about the scent...it smells like thoes dinosaurs generic fruit snacks lol but the java butter is everything!! I want the marshmellow & green tea one:)

That's a good smell!

I want to try it eventually but I'm just trying to to go product junkie crazy. I have the sulfur oil and it's working. What was bald is now fuzzy. Some slow fuzz but fuzz nonetheless.

Pennefeather

I just ordered a jar of the Green Magic. I need some help with my stretch. Inversion didn't work for me, but hopefully this will.

Thanks to IDareT'sHair for posting the discount code.

PureSilver

Many persons have reported that the green magic worked well for them. I am looking to try the GM in the future.

Pennefeather

I'm a little concerned that this is going to make my hair greasy, since I only wash once a week. Green Magic needs to be applied nightly.

I did find that annabelle Belgium truffle cream helps to masks some of the smell. Carols daughter hair milk works even better because the scent is so strong.

tinycoils

I love these products!!! I have seen really good growth this past month. I have the Green Magic (smells like a green smoothie), Ginger creme stuff, 3 butters and the Amaka oil. I love them all. I alternate the GM with the oil weekly. So far so good!!!!

BFeathers

Anyone know what kind of sulfur is in Liquid Gold?

The popular brand is that Humucto flowers of sulfur from Amazon I see on Youtube that turns the sulfur mix yellow and dissolves. But LG sulfur doesn't dissolve. It stays in little powder flakes.

I've only ever tried LG as a sulfur but I think I want to stick to whatever type of sulfur that is. Maybe for my head the kind that dissolves might not work as well. I'm just running through my bottle faster than I thought I would and with the ingredients I can make it myself.

I know the key to it is the sulfur because I've used everything else and have never had this kind of growth.

Pennefeather

I have been using it nightly, despite my concern about buildup. I didn't realize how quickly I would go through a jar - maybe my head is bigger than I think? :ohwell: I'm probably two thirds done with this first jar already. I'm going to order two more jars this weekend.

I will do a length check at three months, September 19, and then decide if it is working.

Pennefeather

My new supply of green magic arrived today. I had to go two nights without it. Decided to seal my ends w coconut oil those two night.

Pennefeather

Breaking open a new jar of Green Magic today. This is the third jar. I will be relaxing in two weeks. I read somewhere that it is a good idea to stop using sulfur a week before relaxing. Does anyone know if this is true?

Pennefeather

I had a three month touch up yesterday. I have been using green magic for two months regularly. I have two inches of growth in the side and front, and an inch and a half in the back. Great growth for me!:yep:

I think that the green magic combined with low manipulation really made the difference. I was actually noticing an increase for the past month, but I couldn't verify it until my touch up.

My plan now is to continue using this daily through my next touch in three months. I have a lot of breakage in the crown and back from my 6 month stretch earlier this year that needs some help. (I'll never stretch again that long!). I will trim my hair then to try to even things up. So far, I am very impressed. I only wish that there was an unscented sulpher. I might try adding some essential oil to help mask the scent more.

PureSilver

Pennefeather thanks for that update. I had good results with the growth oil used inconsistently over a 1 month period, I read many positives about the green magic so i'll make sure I add it to my next purchase of HG products.

Pennefeather

Today, I just added some essential oil to my green magic. I can still smell the sulphur, but it smells cleaner and fresher now. I added grapefruit, lemongrass, and a small amount of rose so that it wasn't too citrusy.

I am getting ready to order some more Green Magic today. This time, I'm also going to buy the pear essential oil that they offer. I'll probably add some grapefruit to that as well since I prefer a cleaner citrus smell.

Other than not using it the week before and the week after my relaxer, I have been applying and massaging every night. Definitely seeing results. My plan now is to continue through the end of the year.