Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

Aireen

Re: Hip Length (HL) 2014 Challenge!

I add moisturizing oils like olive oil and coconut oil to my mix and Always use a really heavy thick and rich deep condition afterwards. I also try cowashing... but I end shampooing sometimes. Oh and just use water.... no tea or lemon juice... which I find drying.

Yeah I always wondered why people used tea and lemon juice to their mixes but I guess the tea is to darken and lemon to lighten?

@Aireen

I add honey (natural humectant) to my henna right before I use it. I also do a major DC (w/steam) after any henna treatment. More moisture to pull and lock into the hair. :yep:

Ah yes, honey and steam! I'll keep that in mind, my skin loves honey and I've already been considering buying a steamer.

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Prepped for an oil rinse and then putting my hair in chunky twists. I hope to keep those in for a week with occassional touch ups and keeping the ends bunned.

Other than that, nothing new and all is well.

mayoo

:grin:Just ordered the Bee Mine Luscious Balancing Moisturizer and juicy Spritz :grin:
I've been looking for a good moisturizer and leave-in since my HJ began back in 2009, so I hope they are as great as everyone says..... They better be for £30:whip:

Plus, since I'm back to college tomorrow I'm gonna use it as a chance to start increasing my water intake, back to my usual litre a day.

Also thinking of how I can narrow down my whole regimen to only about five products if I can; trying to keep it simple. I know it's gonna be difficult but it's gotta be done :grin:

Last edited:

Kindheart

:grin:Just ordered the Bee Mine Luscious Balancing Moisturizer and juicy Spritz :grin:
I've been looking for a good moisturizer and leave-in since my HJ began back in 2009, so I hope they are as great as everyone says..... They better be for £30:whip:

Plus, since I'm back to college tomorrow I'm gonna use it as a chance to start increasing my water intake, back to my usual litre a day.

Also thinking of how I can narrow down my whole regimen to only about five products if I can; trying to keep it simple. I know it's gonna be difficult but it's gotta be done :grin:

The Balancing mousturizer is one of the best moisturizing creams out there.

ChocolatePie777

*mental note***Must trim hair tomorrow. ..must trim hair tomorrow.....must trim hair tomorrow****

I already did a two step treatment and ao hsr dc yesterday....so im all ready to blow dry and trim.....I was suppose to do this so long ago....need to figure out how much im gonna take off...dont think itll be more than an inch though

Angel of the North

The Balancing mousturizer is one of the best moisturizing creams out there.

This is on my wish list, I've got the Bee Mine Deja's Milk and Bee-u-ti-ful DC and I love that they don't have any protein in them. I haven't tried them yet as I'm trying to use up some other stuff first. I want moisturisers and DC's with and without protein, this will give me better control of the amount of protein that goes into my hair. I hope that they are as good as everybody says they are too.

sharifeh

dcing with ao hsr, hoping to trim tonight after i rinse it out, keeping my hair in a bun esp since im working out everyday :yep:

ManiiSweetheart

Here are the results of my washday.
Twisted with Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie.
I'll leave these in until Monday then undo them and throw my hair up into a high bun until my next washday.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130106_222748.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130106_222748.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 79
  • ForumRunner_20130106_222849.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130106_222849.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 73

Channy31

Can I Join?

Currently BSL natural. Im about 3c or 3b
Regimin on my blog (see sig)
To get there I plan to keep up my regimen as it seems to be working pretty well atm.
Goal date is End of 2014
Once it's achieved I'll probably cut it back up to waist length but will therefore know I have very healthy ends.

Kindheart

I washed and DC ed yesterday with Beautiful Textures DC ,applied some Sweet Ambrosia and today ,although I didn't need to ,applied a bit of Claudie's Acai Murumuru butter .Yall,my hair is butter soft !

mayoo

This is on my wish list, I've got the Bee Mine Deja's Milk and Bee-u-ti-ful DC and I love that they don't have any protein in them. I haven't tried them yet as I'm trying to use up some other stuff first. I want moisturisers and DC's with and without protein, this will give me better control of the amount of protein that goes into my hair. I hope that they are as good as everybody says they are too.

I shall report back here as soon as they arrive :grin:

ManiiSweetheart

A friend recently told me it would take 7+ years for my hair to reach HL because of "my type of hair" I didn't even both to explain.

SunRai Naturals

I bought the Aussie Split End Protector leave-in and I've been putting it on the ends of my hair only. I don't have issues with split ends but figured that since I am growing my hair to long lengths that extra protein will help keep my hair strong. Good results so far so I'm adding it to the regimen.

I was concerned that my ends might be crunchy from too much protein but they are still soft and moisturized so I'm happy about that.

Aireen

Haha yes! Alive and well
LOL which is why I HARDLY tell anyone about my hair goals. Haters all around and if you tell them you decided to trim off bad ends, they'll say something like "See, your type of hair will always have bad ends or split ends because it just can't grow." :nono: People be so negative. :sad: :lol:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
LOL which is why I HARDLY tell anyone about my hair goals. Haters all around and if you tell them you decided to trim off bad ends, they'll say something like "See, your type of hair will always have bad ends or split ends because it just can't grow." :nono: People be so negative. :sad: :lol:

Hot mess....smh. People and their silly assumptions.

ChocolatePie777

Didnt trim like a said I would.....just dusted and did a light search and destrot because I wanted to wash my hair and all mt streching wouldve been in vain if I didnt do at least that much.... sigh

Aireen

So I'm thinking of relaxing on Friday and will make my appointment in the morning. I'll update on whether I actually made the appointment or not. If I relax, I'll post pics with my next wash. Wondering if I should trim, hopefully I don't need one too desperately. I would stretch but I'm too excited to relax for some reason.

Aireen

Relaxing my hair tomorrow at 12 noon!! :grin: I would've stretched but I was too impatient and tempted to have my hair freshly done for the new year. Hopefully after this time, I can stretch until my birthday.

mayoo

I shall report back here as soon as they arrive :grin:

Reporting! I LOVE both of the Bee Mine products I bought :) Especially the Luscious Balancing Moisturiser (coconut cream). It makes my hair feel super duper soft and moisturised! I think my search for a moisuriser is finally over :bdance:

And the Juicy Spritz is great for a light daily moisturiser :yay: I am definately set for life! :)

Random question: is anyone else participating in Sistawithrealhair's challenge/contest on youtube???

Aireen

UPDATE: Relaxed my hair!! Next relaxer I'll be MBL for sure! It's starting to feel long-ish again, in the sense that I don't have to obsess about hair like I was before aka stalking Youtube for inspiration. I'm so glad with how my ends are holding up, I think I owe it to Organix + Roux PC.

Plans:
- Stretch for a longer time, just because I want to see how long I can go
- Dust every other relaxer
- Use a psoriasis/seborrheic dermatitis for the first couple of washes
- Protect hair and base scalp super well the week during my relaxer touch-up, I might do coconut oil (hair and scalp) right after my last wash then again 2 nights before I relax, then petroleum jelly (just on the scalp) the night before (If anyone in the thread has ideas let me know, PLEASE!)

NJoy

Here I grow again!

UPDATE: Relaxed my hair!! Next relaxer I'll be MBL for sure! It's starting to feel long-ish again, in the sense that I don't have to obsess about hair like I was before aka stalking Youtube for inspiration. I'm so glad with how my ends are holding up, I think I owe it to Organix + Roux PC.

Plans:
- Stretch for a longer time, just because I want to see how long I can go
- Dust every other relaxer
- Use a psoriasis/seborrheic dermatitis for the first couple of washes
- Protect hair and base scalp super well the week during my relaxer touch-up, I might do coconut oil (hair and scalp) right after my last wash then again 2 nights before I relax, then petroleum jelly (just on the scalp) the night before (If anyone in the thread has ideas let me know, PLEASE!)

Yay! Sounds like a successful relaxing. But, uh.... Must I be the one to ask? Um...:pics:.....:look: