How many flexi rods do you use?

Maneylovee

This is not a trend....
I'm curious how many flexi rods do you guys use, the most I have seen is 80. I'm not sure how many I use but I'll take notice time I do a set.

How long is your hair?
How thick is your hair?
How many flexi rods do you use?

Evolving78

60 to 80
i think you use more the shorter your hair is, or if you don't want to separate.
when my hair is neck length, i used that amount i just stated. when my hair got longer i used the grey, purple ones and used half. also, if you use the smaller ones, you will use more and the curls will be tighter.

Evolving78

60 to 80
i think you use more the shorter your hair is, or if you don't want to separate.
when my hair is neck length, i used that amount i just stated. when my hair got longer i used the grey, purple ones and used half. also, if you use the smaller ones, you will use more and the curls will be tighter.

oh and as far as thick, i have fine hair, just a lot of it. my hair takes forever to dry.

Blairx0

I asked this question in the setting to success thread and some ladies repiled 40. I think tour hair density and curl density have a lot to do with it.

You may want to ask users on that thread

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I'm MBL. I've used about 40; a combination of grey, purple and some pink. Depending on the style though, I can use less.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
On average, about 8 blue ones. ETA: oh wow, you all use a lot of flexis. I like larger rods to cover more surface area and it offers less frizz for my hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I use 6 orange ones, because that's all I have. My curls come out fabulous! Btw my hair is apl/low density. I only use flexirods on blown out hair

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I have tried using less like 10 or 12 rods. It comes out frizzy and poofy

My high porosity 4c natural refuses to smooth unless its in really tiny parts.

MamitaLolita

I think the difference is relaxed or natural. I last tried with 35 and they came out frizzy. I will need more. I do it on freshly washed hair and I am natural 3/4,

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I think the difference is relaxed or natural. I last tried with 35 and they came out frizzy. I will need more. I do it on freshly washed hair and I am natural 3/4,

I'm relaxed and 40 gives me a decent set. Next time I use them, I will use more. It probably depends more on length, density and porosity.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
It depends on how long I feel like sitting under the dryer. lol

20-25 flexi's equal 2 hour dryer time plus semi wet hair in the back

40-45 equal one hour dryer time