See this is why Reniece is so great...

Allandra

Yes I've had a friend thats been to Tamika and has loved her as well. She's taking a waiting list right now because her shop was damaged from fire. So if any of you have her on IG make sure you send prayers her way and support. I just found out last night when I started following her on IG.
bluediamond0928

DSD / Tamika posted a thread about it, and I saw it on her You Tube channel and reached out to her.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Learned so much from the video:yep:. Watched it several times too. I noticed that she didn't use a heat protectant prior to blow drying. I've noticed that a lot of stylists don't use a heat protectant prior to blow drying or flat ironing too and the clients have that elusive "swang" that I can never do at home. For those that went to Reneice, do you remember if she used heat protectant prior to blow drying or flat ironing?

I forgot to quote u so u see the reply above^^^

Yes. She uses heat protectant.

Info is in the post above this one. ;)

MrsMe

I followed Reniece's instructions to a T (minus the heat protectant) and it is so different from when I use the comb attachment!!!! Taking the time to apply the conditioner made a huge difference in how moisturized my hair was and I lost far less hair in the detangling process than usual! I didn't use a denman brush but my results were better than I expected.

Sent from my phone...typos and autocorrect galore

ajargon02

Tamika is amazing! She's making my hair look better than ever. It's really improving over time.

Is there a link to Reniece's site and Tamika's youtube channel?

Md isn't that far from me and I am willing to travel for a good stylist :) if I am picked from the wait list

Allandra

I always tell people 'my hair gets most of it's moisture through deep conditioning' (so it's always bouncy, movable, full of volume and swinging when it's flat ironed). When the hair is always moisturized this way, it doesn't need to be over loaded with stuff.

I followed Reniece's instructions to a T (minus the heat protectant) and it is so different from when I use the comb attachment!!!! Taking the time to apply the conditioner made a huge difference in how moisturized my hair was and I lost far less hair in the detangling process than usual! I didn't use a denman brush but my results were better than I expected.

CarLiTa

I'm supposed to be going to the salon for a blowout soon. Either next week or the one after. I wish I'd find a stylist who would put THAT level of care in my hair.

I think I'm going to bring a denman brush for them to blowdry my hair. And my own heat protectant.

But how can I ensure that they will follow this technique?

If we had a good flat iron at home I'd have my mother do it for me.

RockRideTrue

Reniece is really helpful when she comes out of lurkdom on social media! If I remember correctly, wasn't she a member on LHCF many moons ago?

coolsista-paris

are there any people with fine to medium strands that managéd to do all this without heat damage?
and end up with bouncy hair?

Whats the name of her heat protectant?

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
are there any people with fine to medium strands that managéd to do all this without heat damage? and end up with bouncy hair? Whats the name of her heat protectant?

I have fine strands that like to knot up and tangle and don't like heat.

My hair turns out great with this technique. I do it at home but I don't use a denman at home. I just use my hands to hold the hair. And the comb on the blow dryer once the hair is fairly dry.

She uses Kerastace on me at the salon and sometimes she uses Joico smoothing balm. I use Kerastace at home.

snoop

And apparently discontinued or impossible to find in my city. I can only find the elixir, but the smaller bottle,the one for thick hair has gone kaput!:nono:

Can someone post a link to this product? I'm searching online and on the Kerastace website I can see the Oleo line but not sure which of the products it is .

Angelicus

Wow, this was a great video. I don't own a blowdryer but for her kind of results, I may just invest in one!!!

caliscurls

Tried this Saturday and worked like a charm. I only used warm on low speed for a minute then cool on high speed the reminder of the time...did that for the length as well

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Tried this Saturday and worked like a charm. I only used warm on low speed for a minute then cool on high speed the reminder of the time...did that for the length as well

I also tried this method to blow-dry. Best results ever! I kept it on warm temp, high speed setting. I was going to switch to low speed, but for some reason when I did that in past my hair seemed a bit frizzy.

I do want to get the denman brush used on the models, I think my hair would prefer the wider spaces.

ceecy29

it looks impressive! I want to try it:yep:

Kurlee It really does a good conditioning job and is a cleanser as well. Hopefully she makes it available to the public.

I also tried this method to blow-dry. Best results ever! I kept it on warm temp, high speed setting. I was going to switch to low speed, but for some reason when I did that in past my hair seemed a bit frizzy.

I do want to get the denman brush used on the models, I think my hair would prefer the wider spaces.

Golden75 You could try removing rows from the brush you already own.