Black Onyx from YouTube has products in Target - Alikay Naturals & Oyin

naturalmanenyc

I saw them today in Brooklyn.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackOnyx77

http://www.alikaynaturals.com/

They have a few displays of products, as pictured, and seem to have the entire line.

Oyin Handmade products are also in Target....marked "I'm New".

Smiley79

Wow I wish my Target was stocked like that! I check all the time and I see the same old stuff.

I am so proud of all of these businesses for climbing up the ladder of success and growth.

*Frisky*

Target has made some drastic changes over the past several months regarding black hair care with more to come I am sure.

faithVA

Initially they only stock certain Target stores based on the demographic and I guess to see how it sells. Then the brands are filtered out to other stores with certain demographics.

Last month my Target started stocking the Carol's Daughter, KBB and the Camille Rose. We don't have the Oyin or the Alikay Naturals yet.

We will only get the Oyin and Alikay if it sells well in the primary stores.

mz.rae

I wish the Target near me had products like this, where I live Walmart is the one selling all the natural hair goodies but I despise that place!

natural2008

I saw these items in target about 3-4 weeks ago a purchased the shea yogurt and the lemon grass. I've been wanting to try her products but her shipping prices were/are ridiculous. I'm glad target now carries these items. The product junkie I am purchased several bottles of the lemon grass and the shea yogurt. I've noticed that target will carry items and then I'll look around and they are gone like the Hair Rules product line like a revolving door since more and more people are making products to sell. I may go back and buy some more items. Find something I like then it disappears off the shelves.

bydebra

@crlsweetie912

Yes, Camille Rose products have been in Target for a while now.

Not everywhere. They are not on the shelves in Houston. I haven't seen Oyin, Karen's Body Beautiful, or Alikay either.

I'm happy for these business owners, but I feel like all of these brands are really expensive. I don't mind paying for quality, but I recently realized that for what I was paying for these "natural" products, I might as well go back to salon brands.

Last edited:

bydebra

I saw these items in target about 3-4 weeks ago a purchased the shea yogurt and the lemon grass. I've been wanting to try her products but her shipping prices were/are ridiculous. I'm glad target now carries these items. The product junkie I am purchased several bottles of the lemon grass and the shea yogurt. I've noticed that target will carry items and then I'll look around and they are gone like the Hair Rules product line like a revolving door since more and more people are making products to sell. I may go back and buy some more items. Find something I like then it disappears off the shelves.

Yeah, in my area Target has three new products from Miss Jessie's (the leave-in conditioner, transitioning cream, and multicultural curls), so they no longer carry three others. The Baby Buttercreme, Curly Meringue, and Curly Pudding were all on sale.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I bought the Alikay Naturals Shea Yogurt a couple weeks ago, and I really like it :yep: I'm also glad that they now sell Oyin, so I re-upped on my Hair Dew since that is a staple in my hair regimen.

kandake

You make me want to put on clothes and head to target for the Oyin products.

And congrats to Black Onyx. That's pretty awesome.

ETA: Yeah I'm putting on my clothes now and washing my hair when I get back.:look:

BostonMaria

What?!! I need to visit South Bay (Boston) and see if they have her products

P.S. I was hyperventilating just looking at all those hair products LOL

faithVA

[USER=43387 said:
kandake[/USER];19970009]You make me want to put on clothes and head to target for the Oyin products.

And congrats to Black Onyx. That's pretty awesome.

ETA: Yeah I'm putting on my clothes now and washing my hair when I get back.:look:

Did you find them?