FENUGREEK IS THE BUSINESS...GREAT SLIP/STOPS SHEDDING/CHEAP

TraciChanel

I just wanted to share that after reading this thread on Tuesday, I went out and bought some fenugreek powder from my local Indian grocery store (came out to $2.52). Put it on my hair that night and fell asleep with it on (I also added my deep conditioner to it). OMG, yes, fenugreek is really the business!! I rinsed it out the next morning and my hair was super soft and moisturized, I had super slip, and I couldn't keep my hands out of my head :grin: I also noticed that it made my hands super soft as well. I may be using this on my skin too :yep:

Thanks so much for sharing, OP! This will be a regular part of my regimen.

Lita

TraciChanel I'm so happy it worked for you!!!!:grin: Mixing it with conditioner makes it a lot easier to rinse out too:lachen:

Lita Thanks for this recipe. I will try it this weekend :yay:

I love cheap ingredients that make our hair and skin look fabulous:sweet:

cocomama Your Welcome..Please keep us posted with a review..

*My mix is like thick creamy pancake batter..No drippies..

Happy Hair Growing!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I see some are saying it gives moisture while others say strength. Teas that strengthen (example: black tea) are not healthy for my hair. I understand hair will respond differently to the same product but as a general rule, is Fenugreek moisturizing or strengthening based on its attributes?

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I see some are saying it gives moisture while others say strength. Teas that strengthen (example: black tea) are not healthy for my hair. I understand hair will respond differently to the same product but as a general rule, is Fenugreek moisturizing or strengthening based on its attributes?

divachyk I would say that it's moisturizing but the slip of it, almost gives a feel of silica, in my opinion at least.

TraciChanel

I'm still in love with the fenugreek. I've noticed since I've been using it, people tell me I smell like maple syrup (my hair, anyway) :lol:. Anybody else experience this??

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I want to buy some of the powder today, there is an Indian grocer the next city away.

IDareT'sHair -Where do you purchase your fenugreek tea?

Tene

Thanks, I've used fenugreek as a tea for certain things but never thought to use it in my hair. I'll have to stop by the health store.

mshoneyfly

Ladies,

I blended a fenugreek paste with oils from some powder I ground a long time ago and let it sit overnight. I put the rest in the freezer. Its so much like a conditioner! So much slip and moisture! WOW!! When I blended the oil in it became sooo creamy!

I love to use ayurvedic glosses. IDK why I didn't add conditioner to this one :rolls eyes: will add Tresemme next time.

ETA: I posted pics in the coffee, tea, Ayurvedic thread

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
@cocomama, @Lita, @mshoneyfly (and anyone else who can reply).

Are you ladies only using the mucilage in your conditioner mix?
ALSO do you have to let the mixture sit overnight before mixing in other add ins?

I slept in 3 spoons fenugreek (mixed in hot water) + 2 spoons DC +1 spoon EVOO
last night, and my hair feels WONDERFUL after rinsing this morning.

BUT-

I have particles of the fenugreek in my hair after multiple rinses. I will cowash again tomorrow to get the rest out

I plan on using fenugreek as a staple, but I need to know where I need to improve my mix.

Last edited:

Lita

yaya24 Hi! Yes,I let it sit overnight with add ins,this way all the little pieces rinse right out with no issues...But,you don't have to let it sit,just add in & use..It will be fine..Still great results.

*I mix mine like thick pancake batter..Then add in lit con or some goat milk powder, hibiscus/Irish moss/little oil..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Frizzyb

Ok y'all,

I have some seeds but no way to grind them. Can I just boil the seeds to get the mucus out? I'm assuming this is much like flax seeds in consistancy, so can I treat it as such and use the same methods to strain?