Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

SuchaLady

The shedding has stopped, thank God. I guess my hair hates Mizani products because I went to the salon and had the stylist use Moroccan oil products and the shedding stopped, this is a pic of the line she used;

Did you hair respond well to this? It's been on my list for a minute now but I'm too cheap :look: I tried the Sally's knockoff and it was useless.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Did you hair respond well to this? It's been on my list for a minute now but I'm too cheap :look: I tried the Sally's knockoff and it was useless.

Yes, my hair responded well. My appt was Sunday and so far so good, still moisturized and shiny and bouncy, my shedding also stopped. I'll report back next week with an update.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm looking forward to washing my hair later. I'm pretty much going to repeat last wash day.

Therapiste prewash
Giovanni 2Chic Ultra Moist shampoo
Thermasmooth with heat (30 mins)
Blow dry with Frizz Ease cream

vevster

Oh brother, The Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Style Milk (topped with a hair oil) is fantastic as a daily moisturizer for my hair because of the silk protein(I'm guessing). My hair is moisturized ALL DAY!

If anyone knows a substitute from another black owned line please let me know. Otherwise........ Imma have to keep using it. :look:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
This girl might just natural... The stylistic awesome at doing silk press on natural hair. She did a vid doing a silk press on herself and it came out gorgeous- let me find it.

eta: she calls it a dry wrap

Her hair is very similar to mine when I was natural, does anyone know her hair type? Thanks

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Growing up my mom pressed my hair every 2wks using good ole grease and a hotcomb. My hair stayed nice and straight even though I was running around outside. Fast-forward to now and my roots revert after a week when I get it flatironed at the salon, and I'm relaxed. So was it my mom's technique that was better or does the grease help prevent reversion??? I may have to revisit the hotcomb grease combo.

GGsKin

Growing up my mom pressed my hair every 2wks using good ole grease and a hotcomb. My hair stayed nice and straight even though I was running around outside. Fast-forward to now and my roots revert after a week when I get it flatironed at the salon, and I'm relaxed. So was it my mom's technique that was better or does the grease help prevent reversion??? I may have to revisit the hotcomb grease combo.

For me, stove tools always seem to get the hair straighter for longer, vs electric.

PJaye

I vote technique.

MilkChocolateOne

Technique, the tool and the grease

Sometimes I use keracare cream press on my roots to prevent reversion