WIG CHALLENGE 2014

scarcity21

Yes, mine is 4x4, but it's from classic lace. I think I got it in dark brown, but I might be wrong. The silk top does it need to be bleached; the lace is I bleached but I never show it anyway, so I don't care lol. And sometimes I use concealer on the part; I think I had done so in the above picture. Many days ( like today), I don't, esp when I wear it in a deep side part..like this:

NGraceO, do you leave any hair out? I have the same wig but mine seems so dense? Did yiu thin it some? How did you achieve the curls? TIA

MamitaLolita

I wanna try :look: what's a not too expensive place I can get a wig just for trial. I don't want everyone to know im wearing a wig. :-|

Do people who know you're wearing wigs give you a hard time? Everyone's seen my hair but I work with a lot of yt people. It was the second coming of Christ to them when I got my hair braided.

ikandi87

I wanna try :look: what's a not too expensive place I can get a wig just for trial. I don't want everyone to know im wearing a wig. :-|

Do people who know you're wearing wigs give you a hard time? Everyone's seen my hair but I work with a lot of yt people. It was the second coming of Christ to them when I got my hair braided.

MamitaLolita U should try one of the sensationnel L part wigs. The lace/part is natural and easy for beginners. I like that bc I couldn't get my Chinese kinky straight lace front to look presentable and it was super easy to put on. I had the Tesse wig but it was too small so I had to leave my edges out. I got mine from wigtypes. HTH

MamitaLolita

MamitaLolita U should try one of the sensationnel L part wigs. The lace/part is natural and easy for beginners. I like that bc I couldn't get my Chinese kinky straight lace front to look presentable and it was super easy to put on. I had the Tesse wig but it was too small so I had to leave my edges out. I got mine from wigtypes. HTH

Thanks! Can I work out while in a wig or should it be taken off prior to excercise. My obvious fear would be it coming off....

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

This is a good place to get a feel for wigs if you're on Facebook. Lots of the wig junkies post pictures of themselves wearing their units. I live on this spot.

MamitaLolita
Budget Friendly Protective Styles - Weaves and Wigs

NGraceO

NGraceO, do you leave any hair out? I have the same wig but mine seems so dense? Did yiu thin it some? How did you achieve the curls? TIA

I leave no hair out. I may post a pic of my broad pattern later.

I love the density lol, so no I haven't thinned it.

The curls from that pic is from a curl wand....I usually curl wand the hair after I've done a braid out.

HTH :)

NGraceO

I wanna try :look: what's a not too expensive place I can get a wig just for trial. I don't want everyone to know im wearing a wig. :-| Do people who know you're wearing wigs give you a hard time? Everyone's seen my hair but I work with a lot of yt people. It was the second coming of Christ to them when I got my hair braided.

My family and some friends (that have asked) knows I'm rocking a wig, and are usually asking where it's from, and if they should get one lol

trclemons

Well, attached are the ladies for this month: Ms. Bria (short) and Ms. Sassy (long). I'm still having fun with the various styles and people think I am some sort of wig expert because of the variety of my wig collection.

I guess I'll enjoy the notoriety while it lasts because next year will be various styles of braids and twists.

Attachments

• 20140819_092739.jpg
    20140819_092739.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 20140801_080108.jpg
    20140801_080108.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 109

trclemons

mshoneyfly. It is by Outre and I bought it from Sam's Beauty for $14.99, but here's the view of the short side.

Attachments

• 20140819_092912.jpg
    20140819_092912.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 97

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hi ladies, I skimmed the entire thread today. Great wigs & looks you've rocked. I'm going on business travel this winter for 2+ months so I'm looking to wigs as a style option.

I've played with wigs before (synthetic full, half & lace front) but failed miserably, thus I never wore them outside my home. I'm very self conscious over the wiggy look.

NGraceO, you've styled the heck out of creta girl and you have me interested. Would you recommend this for a wig newbie?

Aggie, how do you like Beshe Drew? It looks good on YT (of course) but I'm worried how it translates IRL.

Belle Du Jour, what caused your breakage?

NGraceO

Hi ladies, I skimmed the entire thread today. Great wigs & looks you've rocked. I'm going on business travel this winter for 2+ months so I'm looking to wigs as a style option. I've played with wigs before (synthetic full, half & lace front) but failed miserably, thus I never wore them outside my home. I'm very self conscious over the wiggy look. NGraceO, you've styled the heck out of creta girl and you have me interested. Would you recommend this for a wig newbie? Aggie, how do you like Beshe Drew? It looks good on YT (of course) but I'm worried how it translates IRL. Belle Du Jour, what caused your breakage?

Definetely. It's very forgiving (because of the texture AND price) and was the first one I purchased when I began wigging it. To this day, (literally) I can throw that one on when I'm in a bind and walk out the house, no problem.

Belle Du Jour

Hi ladies, I skimmed the entire thread today. Great wigs & looks you've rocked. I'm going on business travel this winter for 2+ months so I'm looking to wigs as a style option.

I've played with wigs before (synthetic full, half & lace front) but failed miserably, thus I never wore them outside my home. I'm very self conscious over the wiggy look.

NGraceO, you've styled the heck out of creta girl and you have me interested. Would you recommend this for a wig newbie?

Aggie, how do you like Beshe Drew? It looks good on YT (of course) but I'm worried how it translates IRL.

Belle Du Jour, what caused your breakage?

Most recently, full weave with a closure. The breakage is right where the closure was. I think it's because i couldn't wash and moisturize that area. I'm looking for a nice human hair lacefront because these synthetic wigs are a bit of a waste.

Evolving78

Belle Du Jour, I hope you hair bounces back quickly! Breakage is a buzz killa.

NGraceO, I'm gonna buy it. Straight wigs just look too silky & wiggy to me, even with using dry shampoo, etc.

go for it! i'm getting into them too. i wear one once in a blue moon, but i am going to be more consistent with them. i can't do all of the styles that's out either and curly wigs look too full on me.

growinstrong

I havent read thru all the posts, but what is everyone's wig regimen? How many days do you wear your wig before you rewash, condition and etc... your hair? Is everyone using bobby pins to pin down wig? What kind of wig caps are you using, stocking or lace? How are you avoiding breakage on your edges for those who have been successful?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am about to purchase my 1st lace front and need to have a plan of attack ready, lol :lol:.

divachyk

I struck out with locating Creta Girl in 1B locally. I ordered via Amazon and expect arrival this weekend. I sure hope this works out great. All previous wig attempts have been epic fails. More to come on Creta.

NGraceO, did you wash her or prep her before wear?

NGraceO

I struck out with locating Creta Girl in 1B locally. I ordered via Amazon and expect arrival this weekend. I sure hope this works out great. All previous wig attempts have been epic fails. More to come on Creta. NGraceO, did you wash her or prep her before wear?

Nope, never. It's synthetic, so I did little to nothing in regards to care. Besides, it let's better with age and wear.

Aggie

@NGraceO, you've styled the heck out of creta girl and you have me interested. Would you recommend this for a wig newbie?

@Aggie, how do you like Beshe Drew? It looks good on YT (of course) but I'm worried how it translates IRL.

@Belle Du Jour, what caused your breakage?

Hi divachyk, no doubt it is a nice wig. The unfortunate thing is I hate the look of lace front wigs and I only liked this one because you can pull the hair in front forward to hide the lace. By the time I was done trimming and fixing it up, it looked like a full wig with a tiny bit of my own hair out in front.

Truthfully it did not have the real thick fro look I was going for originally - I like the thick fro look better on me.

NGraceO

I can't figure out how to preserve my edges under a lace front :sad:

Why, are you glueing it down?

Idk if this will help, but with my lace front (and all my wigs) I keep my edges exposed (and of course moisturizes), and they fare fine.

Healthb4Length

I just got a new wig today! I'm officially back on. I have a question for y'all? When you go wig shopping at BSS do you have to pay a .50cent fee for a stocking cap to try on the wig? I had to do that today and I got to try on 3 different wigs for .50 cents. I was in a rush so I didn't put up a fight but I think that's kind of suspect. If that's the case I'll just purchase my wigs online from now on.

Healthb4Length

Healthb4Length that's standard practice. To weed out those just browsing instead of buying. It's $1.00 everywhere I've gone.. I usually try on like 6-7 so I put on my 'determined to buy' face :look:

Wow that's news to me. I get it but I don't care for that rule. IMO that's just another way for them to swindle us out of our hard earned $$. I'll just order online from now on. Thx

divachyk

I just got a new wig today! I'm officially back on. I have a question for y'all? When you go wig shopping at BSS do you have to pay a .50cent fee for a stocking cap to try on the wig? I had to do that today and I got to try on 3 different wigs for .50 cents. I was in a rush so I didn't put up a fight but I think that's kind of suspect. If that's the case I'll just purchase my wigs online from now on.

It's 3 wigs per stocking cap at a cost of $1 per stocking cap Healthb4Length. That's pretty standard in my area.

Queensheba88

I'm going to take a step back from this Challange for a little while to get a sew in..life is hectic and I need to be able to get up and go...ill get back on the wagon in dec after I relax