Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

My last relaxer was April 28, 2014. I am almost 16 weeks post. My hurr looks like a hat. I cannot put it in a pony tail. I cannot leave it out. My roots are causing a revolution. I like how cottony it feels. :)

Last edited:

sunnieb

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

9 weeks post!

Relaxing whenever I've had enough. Maybe another 7-8 weeks.

bklynbornNbred

39 weeks!

The two textures are not getting along and I'm so tired of bunning. Will be throwing braids in to get me through the end of the year then I'll make a decision. My stretch was never meant to last this long but a part of me want to see what my hair will look like (but I remember what it was like as a kid and shrinkage is a beyotch!). I revert blow outs in minutes and my reality is fussing trying to keep my hair straight makes no sense since I was healthy and relaxed for years.

decisions, decisions.

Xio

After going a whole year without relaxing, I finally got a relaxer a week ago. I wish I knew how many inches of new growth was sitting on my head!

jennifer30

After going a whole year without relaxing, I finally got a relaxer a week ago. I wish I knew how many inches of new growth was sitting on my head!
kewl. so how many inches was there?:grin:

PureSilver

3 weeks 1 day post.....many more weeks to go. Rozlewis i'm stalking to see your relaxer pics.

Rozlewis

Hey PureSilver

I don't have any pictures of this last relaxer. My photographer (10 yr old) was not home to take my pics. However, I did self-relax for the 1st time and I think I did a pretty good job. I am basically transitioning to texlaxed so my relaxer results were different meaning I had more texture than I usually have so my length did not show much.

The previous relaxer I got at the salon and she left the relaxer in for approximately 40 minutes and I thought I would die. She was waiting for me to begin to burn so I faked it and told her it was burning. I was so nervous. She also had a hard time getting through the new growth and was rough. My results were always good but I was more afraid of the long-term damage. This time I decided to take matters into my own hands and I am glad I did. I do not plan to use direct heat anytime soon but when I do I will post some pictures and do a length check.

Sorry I don't have any new pictures.

TLC1020

Be 20 weeks post in a few days :)

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I believe I'm 11 weeks post. Waiting until 20 but it could happen whenever I get tired of losing the comb in my hair I'll just relax.

Chrissy811

18...hopefully I can make it 2 more weeks. I want fresh hair for a wedding I am going to.

Fotchygirl

I am 8 weeks post and I think I will cave and relax tomorrow. I can't take this NG anymore. I washed my hair yesterday and it tangled something serious and I'm going to my in-laws this weekend so I have to look nice.

Kimiche

I am about 13 weeks post. I think this is the longest that I've gone in ages. :look: I have an appointment with my hairstylist on Saturday for my touch up.

PureSilver

4 weeks post today and already my crown is thick with NG. The comb ain't going nowhere. Seems like I have to start blow drying every wash day from here onward.

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

I'm about to be twelve weeks Thursday. But depending on what day SO is off, I will relax . I'm super happy to relax so I can see my ends better and dust or trim accordingly

PureSilver

Lilmama1011 Did you have success with it? 6 months has been my longest too but i'm in no mood to do that right now, maybe next year I will attempt it again

Lilmama1011

Lilmama1011 Did you have success with it? 6 months has been my longest too but i'm in no mood to do that right now, maybe next year I will attempt it again

I guess... I didn't do it on purpose. I had just moved and didn't trust anyone to do my hair including me. Then I decided to flat iron and my over processed hair at the time popped off . I had just joined the forum. I could do it now I think without a problem. I would just cowash mostly and twist out PureSilver

PureSilver

Lilmama1011 cosigning with the later. I would have to blow dry on warm just to get my roots tamed once I hit the 3 month mark though as opposed to drying on cool. My hair doesn't like twist outs; I think the trick to it for me is to hit the shower once i'm done with the style which really never lasts more than 1 day lol.

Now that it has come up and my next relaxer is scheduled for December, i'll try to do a 6 month stretch and I need me so WGHO in my life for that too.

Angelicus

Last relaxer: 03/27/2014
Next Relaxer: Possibly 09/06/2014

I am so overdue due to relocating. My hair is still manageable thanks to the Silicon Mix Bamboo that I have been using. I recently found a beauty supply store that carries my favorite relaxer, Linange Shea Butter Relaxer, yay! :yay: . Now if I could only stop getting my hair wet and wear it straight for 5 days straight, I can finally relax this moss!