4c Wash n Go Success!

Holla

You can't go by that drawing. You need to see 3d effect (real hair) as opposed to a flat line on paper to know what 4c hair looks like. Your coils are the size of pen springs which is 4a. You are really a 4a/b.

But if you want to ignore our collective observation and hang on to the picture....ok. :look:

You guys feel what you feel as far as my type goes. I go by this chart:

According to it, I am 4b in the very front and 4c everywhere else. Take it or leave it.

ThePerfectScore

OP, your hair is GORGEOUS!!!! But trust the experts with your hair typing. Actually knowing what texture hair you have can save you a lot of heartache in knowing what products and techniques to use and avoid.

SpiritJunkie

OP your hair looks fantastic!!! I am most def going to try this. As for hair type I have no idea what I am...I think I am 4b. I will post one of these days for you ladies to help me out...please!

frida1980

And this is why I don't hair type myself or other. It's too. Complicated and subjective. One person's 4a is another person's 4c. Whatever it is, it's beautiful.

Beautiful results OP. I'll save this thread for later after I manage to thicken up my hair some.

Naveah2050

knt1229 said:
I don't think you are 4c. You have a clearly defined curl pattern. But, you're hair looked dry in the pics where you had less definition. The key to defined curls is moisture.

This is what I think too - I could clearly see curls in the before, I thought 4c had no curl pattern

Stormy

I love how your hair turned out! I'm 4b/c and Eco-Styler actually works great for me. Only problem is I have to use quite a bit and it flakes. I may try doing what you did once I go back to wash-n-goes. Thanks for sharing!

MissMusic

Oh okay....i always wanted to dye my hair the color your hair is in the op.....I love it

You wouldn't remember what brand you used would you?

Thank you, I love it and plan to dye my hair once a year. I used Ion Brilliance Blue Black with 10 Volume Developer from Sally Beauty Supply.

CocoGlow

Who is this? Her hair is gorgeous.

gabulldawg

I don't know. I borrowed the picture rrom the max hydration method website.

http://maxhydrationmethod.com/

gabulldawg
MilkChocolateOne
MissMusic

That pic is Pinkecube from the forum over at Black Hair Media ... she is the creator of the Maximum Hydration Method which is a groundbreaking way to increase the moisture in all hair textures, specifically 4C texture ... a residual effect of the increased moisture is coil definition/clumping .. less tangles, knots, etc

The most apparent difference between her defined 4C coils and the OP is the DIAMETER/SIZE of the coil - many people think that they have 4C hair when it does not clump like others - but it's actually the SIZE of the Coil/Curl that determines the "type" - not the fact that it looks frizzy & undefined .. I think this is where most of the confusion comes in :yep:

We have been taught for years that the determining factor for 4C hair is that it does not have curl definition or a curl pattern which is only true when using the standard natural hair care regimens. 4C coils are extremely tiny and like to wrap around each other forming more of an undefined afro when not properly hydrated - but it WILL clump and form defined coils from root to tip when hydrated properly -the coils will still be teeny tiny like in Pinkecube's pic which will differentiate it between 4A or 4B coils

I've been reading up on the Maximum Hydration Method MHM here and it is a true eye opener!

BHM Thread (Very Long)
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page1.html

Max Hydration Website:
http://maxhydrationmethod.com

ETA: Sorry to derail the thread ... OP your hair is gorgeous!!!! BTW I think based on the Size/Diameter of your coils in the pics you may have 4A/4B even some 3C in the front ... the fact that your hair is usually undefined and frizzy probably has more to do with your porosity, texture (more cottony than silky) & regimen than your "type" which is more important anyway .. hair "type" is just a visual indicator/category

Last edited:

Adiatasha

So you saying that my hair that looks like this image-365144896.jpg When dry..

image-2604627249.jpg
And like this when wet

If I use that wet line gel is going to turn into curly coils like this image-3438483961.jpg Amazon here I come!!!

Last edited:

gabulldawg

I've decided to go natural and I think I am a 4c or somewhere around there. When my hair is wet I can see little curls around my hairline. I plan to do wash n gos because of my workout schedule. I think it would look something like this.

Attachments

• naturalhair1.jpg
    naturalhair1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 193
  • naturalhair2.jpg
    naturalhair2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 195

MissMusic

So you saying that my hair that looks like this When dry.. And like this when wet If I use that wet line gel is going to turn into curly coils like this Amazon here I come!!!
That is what my hair looks like wet, the serious hold of wet line is what makes this work. I tried the same technique with another firm hold, no protein gel and got these results:

It's much frizzier, so it looks less defined.

Attachments

• image-17938763.jpg
    image-17938763.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 229

MissMusic

I've decided to go natural and I think I am a 4c or somewhere around there. When my hair is wet I can see little curls around my hairline. I plan to do wash n gos because of my workout schedule. I think it would look something like this.

Please come back and show your results

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

NefertariBlu

Your hair came out well MissMusic. I'm a 4c and it looks similar to yours. I look at the picture of pinkecube and my hair looks nothing like that. I don't have coils at all.

I've noticed when I wet my hair I get a a wave/loose curl but I just thought it would be way too hard to try to define it because it doesn't clump.

MissMusic only you can know what your hair is actually like. Every texture/ type will look different since everyone has a unique head of hair.

Keep us updated when is time to wash it out. Your hair looks so thick and healthy!

Last edited:

Anaisin

Love your hair! You have all type 4 in your head though as I do. Wash n gos are really my only style. Hair type is only based on size btw, doesn't matter how kinky or silky, diameter of the curl is what it's about. Traci Ellis Ross has 3a/b hair and it's kinky while other 3a/b's can never get their hair to fro like hers because it's too fine and silky, their curls are the same size. Shape doesn't matter either