Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I think I will return to finger combing and tension blow drying my hair.

No fuss no muss while heading to the cruise control portion of my journey.

cynd

Seems like it takes me a solid year of dedication to see minor progress but only two days of neglect to see major damage. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Seems like it takes me a solid year of dedication to see minor progress but only two days of neglect to see major damage. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Preach!!!!!!

This is why I rarely try anything new and never let anyone else touch my hair and don't listen to anyone irl when they try to tell me anything.
I don't have time for a setback!

tapioca_pudding

I wonder how damaging hair clips are if I remove them each night. I keep watching YouTube videos about how to make a high bun ponytail using hair clip extensions and I am obsessed and think that's going to be my new protective style. I just have to keep my eye out for any signs of damage.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
Oh I'm also supposed to ask you ladies about a hair brush for his waves :look::lol:

Did you guys notice that Diane's brand revamped? They no longer use the cursive Diane logo. He told me the brushes are crappy now & made of plastic instead of boar hairs

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Oh I'm also supposed to ask you ladies about a hair brush for his waves :look::lol: Did you guys notice that Diane's brand revamped? They no longer use the cursive Diane logo. He told me the brushes are crappy now & made of plastic instead of boar hairs

I only know board brushes for waves. What about goody

PlainJane

I bought these scissors weeks ago and have yet to trim my hair. I keep trying to tell myself how much I need this trim and no one will notice it but me. Maybe I'll finally trim tonight.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Oh I'm also supposed to ask you ladies about a hair brush for his waves :look::lol:

Did you guys notice that Diane's brand revamped? They no longer use the cursive Diane logo. He told me the brushes are crappy now & made of plastic instead of boar hairs

I know my brothers still find their boar bristle brushes at BSS and occasionally at Sally's. I think they've even lucked up at Walmart before but not often. They don't have a brand name though...or maybe they've rubbed the logos off by the time I see their brushes.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
:lachen: we have the lamest convos about hair products all the time! When I first went natural I used activator gel and he laughed at me. Now he asks me what kind he should use to get his curls popping. He's contemplating a curly for for the winter.

Thank you ladies but I am not buying him a brush. So I'm not telling him anything. Cheap self didn't even wanna walk with me to the bus stop but asked me to carry him to Macy's.

EnExitStageLeft

PureSilver

Mist your roots with warm water (to lift cuticles), apply your fave moisturizer and smooth them with the thickest oil/butter you got. If they're still dry after that, try clarifying and adding a little salt to your dc. Your hair just may be a bit "dehydrated".

SuchaLady

Im on YT and cant help but be reminded that people are soooooooooooo annoying

This girl had beautiful natural hair so healthy and moisturized. Why are all these people getting a perm when their hair looks good in a blow out

SEMO

I can't wait to cut the last of my damaged ends off (I got a bunch of mid-strand splits from the tangle teezer).

My hair is around tailbone length, but I rarely wear my hair outside of a bun or ponytail because of the tangling and knots. I think I have maybe 4-5 inches of damaged ends left. I've never cut so much of my own hair off at one time, but I don't really trust stylists to cut my hair for me anymore. So I've just been trimming it off an inch or two at a time.

But dealing with knots and tangling at my ends is really tempting me to just take some scissors and get on with it.

ImanAdero

I have been so hair lazy! I told myself I would wash my hair today... Totes didn't happen...

Well tomorrow hopefully brings some promise lol.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just had the best wash day ever! My 4b natural hair slid the comb with ease, my hair felt soft yet strong, and I only had a few broken or shed hairs. I prepood with Alter Ego, rinsed and applied Nexxus Emergencee for 2 minutes. Then I shampood it with Keracare and did a 20 minute Dc with Silk Elements Mega Moisture treatment

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I just had the best wash day ever! My 4b natural hair slid the comb with ease, my hair felt soft yet strong, and I only had a few broken or shed hairs. I prepood with Alter Ego, rinsed and applied Nexxus Emergencee for 2 minutes. Then I shampood it with Keracare and did a 20 minute Dc with Silk Elements Mega Moisture treatment

Prettymetty
Is the alter ego minimizing shedding?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I can't wait to cut the last of my damaged ends off (I got a bunch of mid-strand splits from the tangle teezer). My hair is around tailbone length, but I rarely wear my hair outside of a bun or ponytail because of the tangling and knots. I think I have maybe 4-5 inches of damaged ends left. I've never cut so much of my own hair off at one time, but I don't really trust stylists to cut my hair for me anymore. So I've just been trimming it off an inch or two at a time. But dealing with knots and tangling at my ends is really tempting me to just take some scissors and get on with it.
Prettymetty Is the alter ego minimizing shedding?
Yes, but it takes time. This was my third time using it and the shedding was minimal. The first two times the shedding seemed normal. I was going to give up on Alter ego before today :look:
SEMO, the tangle teezer did my hair dirty with splits.

Prettymetty and MileHighDiva, I find alter ego to be immediately effective for my hair. Tea rinsing is what takes forever to kick in on my hair. I love AE garlic, it's just pricey...but it works.

1BalancedBeauty

I wanted to go to the local beauty supply and pick up a (second) pair of shears, handheld mirror, hair net, and a few other things but money goes in one hand and out the other these days :(

Guinan

Re-Branding
I have this STRONG urge to straighten my hair. I'm trying to wait until next yr so I wont be discouraged. I so afraid that I may have splits or cause heat damage.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
I covet the book African Hairstyles: Styles of Yesterday and Today by Esi Sagay. It's been out of print for years & the prices are steep;
$50USD for a used paperback :-\

Sent from my SGH-T599N using LHCF