• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

yodie

I'm telling yall. The applesauce is great! Yall trying to mix smoothies and stuff man I take the tiny little applesauce's from mott's you get like 6 in a pack. I but the strawberry and put a whole teaspoon in. Goes down fine! I even chew a little doesn't taste bad at all just don't smell it. Gone in under a minute! I love it

Now why didn't I get some of this from the grocery store tonight? luckily I still have some pills left.

Great idea. I may even throw in some flax seed/wheat germ and make a meal out of it. Throw in some raw carrots. Now, that's good eating.

Another benefit of chlorella - it's kept me from spending endless hours on this forum. I usually pop into this thread and ignore the others. I'm happy about that!

luckiestdestiny

When I do a green drink smoothie, I blend it with apple, apple juice, banana and mango nectar. It makes it taste like Naked Juice's Green Machine (which also has spirulina and chlorella)
Who knew? Great idea. If I ever want a change from applesauce, I may try it this way as I like Naked juice's Green Machine. :lick:

Last edited:

GrowinLonger

Took my first dose(3 grams) last night with 20oz water. Drank it straight! :fat:

Felt some abdominal gurglings about 10mins later and went to bed.

Today at work, I noticed a big difference in my appetite (I missed lunch preparing for a meeting and hardly noticed! I was NOT hungry at all). About to take dose #2... I think I'll try apple juice this time.:yep:

Muse

I'm telling yall. The applesauce is great! Yall trying to mix smoothies and stuff man I take the tiny little applesauce's from mott's you get like 6 in a pack. I but the strawberry and put a whole teaspoon in. Goes down fine! I even chew a little doesn't taste bad at all just don't smell it. Gone in under a minute! I love it

That's exactly what I did! I bought those little applesauce cups and added a teaspoon and it was good. Just taste like applesauce.

Now why didn't I get some of this from the grocery store tonight? luckily I still have some pills left.

Great idea. I may even throw in some flax seed/wheat germ and make a meal out of it. Throw in some raw carrots. Now, that's good eating.

Another benefit of chlorella - it's kept me from spending endless hours on this forum. I usually pop into this thread and ignore the others. I'm happy about that!

Ha! I know! I tried looking into other threads and there's just no intrest. I feel like this is it. I feel like this is gonna be what gets my hair into shape in every way because it's working from the inside.

Muse

Well the breakout on my face came this evening. It's on both checks and that's it. Looks like I have rosey cheeks. Though I have not noticed a decrease in cravings for sweet snacks I have noticed a decrease in cravings for sweet drinks. I use to drink a lot of juice and water but all I want now is water.

On the plus side the dizzyness went away and instead of wanting to go to sleep when I got home from work I went for a walk in the park instead. For some reason it seems like I have been on this stuff for longer than I have and I have to keep telling myself to be patient it hasn't even been a week!

yodie

That's exactly what I did! I bought those little applesauce cups and added a teaspoon and it was good. Just taste like applesauce.

Ha! I know! I tried looking into other threads and there's just no intrest. I feel like this is it. I feel like this is gonna be what gets my hair into shape in every way because it's working from the inside.

Exactly - no interest at all. Don't want to jump the gun, but I probably won't renew (end of 2009) because I will have found the answers to most of my hair and health needs in this one superfood.

Okay yall, I have no cravings for food at all. I'm not starving, but its so nice not craving sweets or food. I usually ALWAYS crave cookies during my cycle. First time in years that I have no cravings for sweets. Almost too good to be true.

luckiestdestiny

Exactly - no interest at all. Don't want to jump the gun, but I probably won't renew (end of 2009) because I will have found the answers to most of my hair and health needs in this one superfood.

Okay yall, I have no cravings for food at all. I'm not starving, but its so nice not craving sweets or food. I usually ALWAYS crave cookies during my cycle. First time in years that I have no cravings for sweets. Almost too good to be true.
I'll probably renew only because I like to find out about shampoos and conditioners.
But I definitely don't spend that much time on other stuff on the forum.:yep:

This sweet thing makes me happy. Because it was hard to tell my brain no before and sometimes my brain won!:lachen: Okay MOST of the time it won and even though I ate healthier options of sweets, they still called to me. Now it's only once in a while and even when I do, I put it down really quickly because I become satisfied really fast. I used to roll my eyes at the girl who took two bites of a cookie and was finished and now I'm that girl. So now I understand it's not just for show, you really are just satisfied so you don't need anymore.

The other day I went to a japanese tea shop you know with boba (or tapioca depending on which side of the country you're on they call it different things different places) and they put so much cream and sugar in the tea but it is Soooooo good. It really is like a dessert. So anyways I sat down today after class (I'm a master's student) and it was so cold outside! So anyways I ordered the tea and thought I was going to sit there with a book and sip away. They give you this big pot of the tea with the cream, sugar, and tapioca balls. And then I ordered the toast with the sweet cream (perfect combo). Anyway I couldn't finish a cup. Maybe because it's so sweet, my body was satisfied. I was in shock because I hate wasting money. I couldn't even bring myself to ask for a take out because I just didn't want anymore after about a quarter cup. I didn't even want to take any home. But then later I did eat veggies and chicken and I ate all of that. So I think unnecessary cravings go away. Your body just starts craving the good stuff.:rolleyes:

yodie

So, guess I'd be rolling my eyes at you, huh? (Smile)

I feel you on the less sugar. I was able to drink my green tea tonight without turbinado sugar. That's huge for me. I found WEN Fig and I'm in love for eternity. It's the best cleansing conditioner for my hair.

I'll probably renew only because I like to find out about shampoos and conditioners. But I definitely don't spend that much time on other stuff on the forum.:yep:

This sweet thing makes me happy. Because it was hard to tell my brain no before and sometimes my brain won!:lachen: Okay MOST of the time it won and even though I ate healthier options of sweets, they still called to me. Now it's only once in a while and even when I do, I put it down really quickly because I become satisfied really fast. I used to roll my eyes at the girl who took two bites of a cookie and was finished and now I'm that girl. So now I understand it's not just for show, you really are just satisfied so you don't need anymore.

The other day I went to a japanese tea shop you know with boba (or tapioca depending on which side of the country you're on they call it different things different places) and they put so much cream and sugar in the tea but it is Soooooo good. It really is like a dessert. So anyways I sat down today after class (I'm a master's student) and it was so cold outside! So anyways I ordered the tea and thought I was going to sit there with a book and sip away. They give you this big pot of the tea with the cream, sugar, and tapioca balls. And then I ordered the toast with the sweet cream (perfect combo). Anyway I couldn't finish a cup. Maybe because it's so sweet, my body was satisfied. I was in shock because I hate wasting money. I couldn't even bring myself to ask for a take out because I just didn't want anymore after about a quarter cup. I didn't even want to take any home. But then later I did eat veggies and chicken and I ate all of that. So I think unnecessary cravings go away. Your body just starts craving the good stuff.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kimbosheart

If I have my regi together by then I feel you 100%. This has me more convinced than the egg shake and I saw amazing health benefits with that alone. The two together for a few months and I should be very well balanced with some swinging hair.

No tingly today :nono: which makes me kinda sad because I knew it meant good things, plus it felt nice.

ttyl, hopefully i can get to sleep soon, I have class in the morning. :rolleyes:

Jaxhair

You guys sure are addicted to chlorella, lol!

I'm still taking my mix (not neat chlorella), and I must say I felt ill yesterday. I'm scared of taking it today - I'll skip. Still taking only half a teaspoon. I'm so over the taste - just mixing into juice or water and drinking - it's okay.

I'm planning to do a juice and water fast soon (mentally preparing, lol) for as long as I'll be able to but 30 days is my ultimate challenge. So, whilst searching on this, I came across the raw food forum, which I actually joined in June last year whilst looking at fasting instructions - I've wanted to fast for a while now to detox and lose some weight too. Anyway, I'm warbling now... these guys, seasoned fasters (never knew they existed!), fast for months at a time and were talking of chlorella like I do a chocolate treat. They just chew the tablets and enjoy it! I was like 'whoa!' You guys are onto something here. Keep it going, it's good stuff!

soonergirl

Hey ladies!! Been backed up for 3-4 days!!! Finally I took some nature's calm ( magnesium supplement) last night and I finally went this a.m... (It was green) I have been taking 3g's a day and took source naturals powder yesterday.. So, today I am gonna give it a break.. I had a naked fruit blue machine today...Whatcha think?? Take chlorella today or not??? I have been on it for 3 weeks, and this week it completely locked me up!!! Thanks ladies

Muse

For those of you that are constipated here's a review of a lady who had the same problem. Scaling back is the only thing that will get things going:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I want to thank you for having such wonderful products on line. I am pleased to be able to rely on your company for a great quality health food supplement, available at a much more affordable price than in France. I could not leave without them now, but to tell you the truth, at first, two years ago, I hated your chlorella.
Constipation has always been my biggest challenge. I have been using laxative suppository on a daily basis since almost ever. When I first received your chlorella, I thought “the more, the better”, so I started with 15 tablets and continued with 20 for a while. I felt awful, drained, bloated and super constipated! Instead of feeling better, I felt worst. Furious, I decided to finally call your company long distance. I was explained to cut back my dosage until detoxification symptoms would ease up, or more specifically in my case, until I would start to have more bowel movements, instead of feeling more constipated. It took me a little time to figure out what would work best for me. Incredibly enough, at the beginning, 3 tablets per day were perfect! For the very first time in my life, I have been regular without extra help, except when I abuse starch foods. Already very energetic for my age, I now have even more energy! To my amazement I have not been sick or caught a single cold ever since I have been taking your product!
I even noticed that my arthritis and my menopause symptoms are somehow alleviated. I couldn’t imagine living without taking my chlorella!
One day, I went to see my homeopath in Nice and I brought him the different products I was taking at the time. I was surprised when he went straight to the bottle of Bio+ Chlorella, took a few tablets in his hand and said “this product is highly energetic”.
I will continue to faithfully consume my green tablets, I love them! And thank you, you are always helpful and gracious.

L. Lee (Nice, France) (translated from French)"
[/FONT]

Muse

Ok now I found this site: http://chlorella.co.nz/detox-dosage.htm

Side effects: most side effects reflect the toxic effect of the mobilized metals. This problem is instantly avoided by significantly increasing the chlorella dosage, not by reducing it, which would worsen the problem (small chlorella doses mobilize more metals than are bound in the gut, large chlorella doses bind more toxins than are mobilized).

I am confused:drunk: but since the company in the last message I posted instructed the lady with constipation to REDUCE it I would think that's the way to do it. I assume these companies know their stuff and they want to keep their customers safe (or they will have a lawsuit on their hands!). The above statement makes me wonder though.:scratchch

Muse

Ok I thought I was crazy when I started to go #2 and didn't smell anything anymore:lachen::

The Japanese medical community has become interested in chlorella for it's solid abilities as a detoxifier. One of nature's resident cleaners, chlorella stimulates and reinvigorates the constipated bowel by prompting the growth of a colon cleaning bacteria known as lactobacillus. Couple lactobacillus with chlorella's resident acting agent, chlorophyll and the bowel has found itself a concoction to lead heavy metals and out of the intestinal tract. Oxy-Powder is a supplement that, like lactobacillus, works as the colon sweeping approach to curtailing constipation. Chlorella aides constipation in four essential ways:

• Reinstates regular movement of the bowels
  • Normalizes bowel scents
  • Detoxifies the bowel
  • Assist with the repair of damaged bowel tissue

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/chlorella-constipation.html

AtlantaJJ

I'm no expert but I would increase my dose and add some magnesium citrate (MC), I want to get the cr*p out of me personally. The MC and the extra water will flush you out ladies. That Calm is good stuff too!

Take the MC at night before bed with a large glass of water, you will go in the morning - trust . Start with 400 mg or the MC and then go up the following night if you don't move in the morning.

ETA:
I'm going to get my dad to take this stuff too...start him off on 3 tablets per day. And go up from there.

Last edited:

*Muffin*

I take Spirulina, which I hear is very similar to Chlorella. Spirulina is a blue-green algae and contains lots of trace minerals and other nutrients. Since taking it I've noticed that my nails grow a bit faster, but I probably haven't taken it long enough to notice affects in hair growth (I think I've been taking it for three months).

Muse

I take Spirulina, which I hear is very similar to Chlorella. Spirulina is a blue-green algae and contains lots of trace minerals and other nutrients. Since taking it I've noticed that my nails grow a bit faster, but I probably haven't taken it long enough to notice affects in hair growth (I think I've been taking it for three months).

Hi Muffin, I just started spirulina a few days ago. How much are you taking?

Muse

I'm no expert but I would increase my does and add some magnesium citrate (MC), I want to get the cr*p out of me personally. The MC and the extra water will flush you out ladies. That Calm is good stuff too!

Take the MC at night before bed with a large glass of water, you will go in the morning - trust . Start with 400 mg or the MC and then go up the following night if you don't move in the morning.

ETA:
I'm going to get my dad to take this stuff too...start him off on 3 tablets per day. And go up from there.

Yeah I would have to agree: http://chlorella-europe.com/chlorellainfo3.html

[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Peristalsis is the muscular contraction that moves material through the bowels. This normal movement prevents constipation and also plays a part in preventing toxic material in the stool from being reabsorbed into the bloodstream.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Ladies that have been constipated for days please don't let it go on any longer. Decrease, increase, get on a laxative. Whatever you have to do to get that stuff out of you. There are even MORE toxins sitting in your bowels because the chlorella has pulled them there and they are waiting to be released or they could get reabsorbed if not.

Don't think constipation is what chlorella does infact it does the the opposite. It's all about finding the right does for you to get things moving.
[/FONT]

Duff

thats the funny thing. my bm was green with just 3 tablets. but it smells worse. but I can say that I was a regular gal prior to chlorella and now I think every little bit is 'leaving' now.

yodie

If I have my regi together by then I feel you 100%. This has me more convinced than the egg shake and I saw amazing health benefits with that alone. The two together for a few months and I should be very well balanced with some swinging hair.

No tingly today :nono: which makes me kinda sad because I knew it meant good things, plus it felt nice.

ttyl, hopefully i can get to sleep soon, I have class in the morning. :rolleyes:

The egg shake is wonderful. I love it. I'm still doing it, but I kind of feel like it was a precursor to chlorella before I knew anything about chlorella. I'll continue to make the shake, but I may replace the egg with chlorella, as chlorella is a better source of protein than the egg (according to the articles I read.)

yodie

I'm usually always backed up and that had me raising and lowering my does of chlorella. I normally have to take aloe to eliminate, so I just decided to continue with my aloe until chlorella regulates me.

All that to say, have you been drinking alot of water? If so, you still may have to increase your water a little in order for things to move.

Hey ladies!! Been backed up for 3-4 days!!! Finally I took some nature's calm ( magnesium supplement) last night and I finally went this a.m... (It was green) I have been taking 3g's a day and took source naturals powder yesterday.. So, today I am gonna give it a break.. I had a naked fruit blue machine today...Whatcha think?? Take chlorella today or not??? I have been on it for 3 weeks, and this week it completely locked me up!!! Thanks ladies

Last edited:

Noir

Awesome thread :)

I have been a super food junkie for over 6 years now. I LOVE them! I underwent surgery twice to remove tumors at age 18 and 20 and I suffer from a chronic medical condition. These miracle healing foods have healed me and helped me tremendously - God is so great.

My favorite green super foods are; Alfalfa, Barley Grass, Wild Blue-Green Algae and then of course, Chlorella and Spirulina

Alfalfa contains chlorophyll, amino acids, digestive enzymes, phytoestrogens, flavonoids, ALL known vitamins (with 4 times the amount of vit c than oranges) and minerals (extremely rich in calcium). I add a handful to my green smoothies.

Barley Grass is similar to wheat grass but easier to digest and contains virtually every vitamin and mineral req. by the human body (except vit d). It contains as much protein as a serving of meat, 11x more calcium than cows milk, 5x more iron than spinach and 7x more vit c than orange. A 5g tablespoon is equiv to 100g of RAW green veg like broccoli, spinach, kale etc.

Blue-Green Algae, again contains most vitamins and minerals required by the human body. It also contains live enzymes, protein (very high protein content, something like 60%) and has a more complete amino acid profile than red meat or soy. Apparently it is the best food source of chlorophyll.

Chlorella and Spirulina are also power-packed super foods, which you guys have all ready discussed here.

Btw I ref to them as “green” super foods because there are many different categories…. Herb super foods (I love nettle tea), Bee super foods (royal jelly, propolis et.), Sea weed/veg, Oils and so forth….

Last edited:

Avaya

[FONT=&quot]I thought this was interesting. I got it from: [/FONT]http://www.chlorellafactor.com/chlorella-spirulina-11.html

[FONT=&quot]Chlorella vs. spirulina[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In this section, I've talked about chlorella and spirulina as if they were twins. But they aren't: each has a unique nutritional profile. Although I strongly recommend using them both as part of every meal (I do), you may find yourself needing one or the other based on certain circumstances. So here's the score:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chlorella:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]A better source of chlorophyll, which makes it more detoxifying and cleansing.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]It is especially good for people with liver disorders or people who drink or smoke.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]It is very helpful for people with dry stools who suffer from constipation.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]It is especially good for people who need "rebuilding" -- people who suffer from degenerative diseases (muscle, nervous system, etc.) or people who are frail.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Contains Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF), which boosts the immune system, reverses cancer, and offers other health benefits.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]CGF also helps repair nerve tissues throughout the body and is excellent for treating degenerative brain and nerve disorders.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Spirulina:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]A superior source of digestible protein. Contains 12 times the protein of beef.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Easier on the digestive system than chlorella, which can cause diarrhea in sensitive individuals.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The best source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), a "good" fat necessary for the human brain, proper heart function, and other body systems.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Contains phycocyanin, a potent anti-cancer phytochemical that also gives spirulina its characteristic blue hue.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As you can see, both chlorella and spirulina offer a vast range of health benefits, and many of their strengths overlap. That's why I generally recommend that people consume both in substantial quantities. As a general rule, you should consume spirulina and chlorella in a 2:1 ratio. In other words, if you take 10 grams of spirulina a day, take 5 grams of chlorella, too.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you are suffering from a particular health condition, increase your consumption of the micro-algae best suited for that condition. These health conditions are discussed in more detail below. Recommended dosages of chlorella and spirulina are also covered in more detail in the "how to take chlorella and spirulina" section later in this guide.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now we'll take a look at the use of chlorella and spirulina for specific health conditions and dietary patterns.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

The above is an excerpt from this book http://www.scribd.com/doc/9102267/Chlorella-vs-Spirulina

Last edited: