Marriage Prayers for Singles - It is God's Will for You to be Married

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Shimmie you know this is one of my favorite threads!!!!!!

subscribing..............

Thank you for the post Shimmie.

God Bless you!

Lots of Love

great thread.

mitcy said:
bumping bumping

In Ezekeil 34, God promises us, "Showers of Blessings"... and for each of you, this I pray with all of my heart, in every area of your lives ...... including Marriage.

For it is -- indeed -- the will of God our Father in Heaven who created and designed us for such a gift of eternal love. :love2:

Let me add this....

God says that He has prepared of way of escape for each of us from sin.

If fornication is sin, then marriage is the way... HIS way of escape.

'Selah'........... :meditate: Meditate on that for a while...meditate and let it 'marinate' in your thoughts for a moment.

Ummmmmmmmm, Just 'say' :amen: :yep:

There's nothing in this life that God did not create a solution for; nor a path for the solution for us to follow, and for the solution to 'follow' us.

Jesus is Lord... and that He is.... :amen:

chicacanella

I needed this but more of all....I am NOT dealing with any man who is not a devout Christian or who willfully encourages me to sin and doesn't see anything wrong with sinning. As much as I have tried to overshadow or push it under the rug, I can no longer ignore the effects sin have on your life when you are dealing with someone willfully indulging in sin. I don't need the drama in my life nor is it glorifying to God.

As much as it is hard to break off a relationship with someone who you have a strong connection with, it must be done if you are to live a life of God and the other person doesn't feel the same way.

I don't want to be in a relationship with a man like that now or in the future but I will just ask that you all pray for me to do what is right i.e. play my part in God's will.

I'm at the point where I'd rather be alone than in a relationship that is not glorifying to God.

Highly Favored8

I needed this but more of all....I am NOT dealing with any man who is not a devout Christian or who willfully encourages me to sin and doesn't see anything wrong with sinning. As much as I have tried to overshadow or push it under the rug, I can no longer ignore the effects sin have on your life when you are dealing with someone willfully indulging in sin. I don't need the drama in my life nor is it glorifying to God.

As much as it is hard to break off a relationship with someone who you have a strong connection with, it must be done if you are to live a life of God and the other person doesn't feel the same way.

I don't want to be in a relationship with a man like that now or in the future but I will just ask that you all pray for me to do what is right i.e. play my part in God's will.

I'm at the point where I'd rather be alone than in a relationship that is not glorifying to God.

So, true! So, True.

melodies815

Shimmie...hey girl!!! I LOVE YOU TO PIECES!!!!

I just thought about something that the Lord dealt with me about before He allowed me to be a wife. It's such a huge responsibility to be a wife, and sometimes, we as women get so caught up in the potential romance that we forget about the work and about the first truth...

We forget at we should... “Fear not; you will no longer live in shame. Don’t be afraid; there is no more disgrace for you. You will no longer remember the shame of your youth and the sorrows of widowhood. For your Creator will be your husband; the Lord of Heaven’s Armies is his name! He is your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, the God of all the earth. For the Lord has called you back from your grief—..." Isaiah 54:4-6a (New Living Translation)

The Lord our maker us our husband...

My sweetie and I had a real interesting courtship and our marriage has been filled with both light and sorrow...and for whatever reason, I have been able to keep in mind that God is my husband. That means that I can never really remain disappointed with trials that come our way. And Dexter is the same way. We will ALWAYS let one another down in one regard or another, but as long as we SINGLY walk with Christ, completely married to HIM first, our marriage always turns out well in the end. Sweetiepie is my heartbeat on this earth and my trainer in righteousness, and Christ is my ultimate passion and sole purpose for all eternity. In real words, wat does that look like in our life together?

It looks like this: HARD TIMES DO NOT TRUMP OUR MIGHTY GOD!!!

I would just encourage each precious woman who is awaiting the revelation of her Boaz to always lie down at night with the Father during this season. Let Him tuck you in and sing over you. Let Him whisper to your mind and heart as you fall asleep each night. For those of us who cry ourselves to sleep (I think I cried for all of 2006 until October! lol), cry in His arms, knowing that joy comes with each morning. It truly does! Let Him correct and train you so that you can be prepared to truly be a help to the physical man who eventually enters your life. As a wife, you canot be afraid to speak the truth in love, and you cannot be afraid of correction on those days when your attempt to speak love comes out with an attitude either! As I am sure someone has already said in this thread, making a husband happy does NOT mean telling him what he wants to hear...but you do have to speak in the right time and in the right spirit...

You can only hear right words n the right spirit from the REAL husband... our Almighty God!

Neither the hubby or you will be perfect. God alone is perfect, and God alone is our husband...even though we might have a man who (prayerfully) reminds us of Him here on this earth.

Shimmie, what a wonderful thread!!!! Thank you for the reminder.

Blessings to us all as we learn the blessing and challenge of what it really means to be THE BRIDE...

Love in Christ,

Dexter's Wife (Christi)

Shaley

Let Him tuck you in and sing over you. Let Him whisper to your mind and heart as you fall asleep each night. For those of us who cry ourselves to sleep (I think I cried for all of 2006 until October! lol), cry in His arms, knowing that joy comes with each morning.

Amen! This is beautiful! Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I needed to read this thread. I've going through ups and downs and I feel like marriage will never happen for me. But now I believe more than ever that my time is fast approaching.

Thank you Shimmie for reminfing me never to doubt God's promises for my life.

Bunny77

I needed to read this thread. I've going through ups and downs and I feel like marriage will never happen for me. But now I believe more than ever that my time is fast approaching.

Thank you Shimmie for reminfing me never to doubt God's promises for my life.

This should be bumped like, every week. :) If not more often. Thanks Mitcy.

And Jerseygurl, so many of us read this thread. Do not worry... marriage will happen for you and for me and everyone else who desires it. Let's stand fast in prayer and know that God is working in our behalf for an institution that is honorable in His eyes.

chicacanella

Hey you all. I have been praying to God about this man I met and I believe I now have receieved a revelation from God about it.

I remember that I said the next man that I have any relationship whatsoever, romantically or not...I will lift him up to God in prayer. And I believe this is what every Christian woman and man should do before investing feelings, time and overall dating a person. I got this from someone's post on BHM named NYQueen. She did an article on it in the Spiritual My Experiences forum which is for Christians. It really hit me and helped me when she said that if a guy gave him her number, she would tell them that she needed a few days to pray on it before calling them back. I thought, "Wow, that is good... I should do the same thing" and keep myself out of situations filled with mess.

I believe this past night, I had a revelation from the holy spirit regarding this man I had been praying for. He said that I could help him actualize who he was meant to be and be the man he was called to be. I guess I could help him reach his full potential as a man in what God meant it to be. Now, I am under the impression that this doesn't just mean in one way, but in helping him be the man of God he was called to be and help bring out his full potential of all the talents God has blessed him with. Granted, he is doing very well for a black man but is he doing well as a man of God? I feel as if the holy spirit said that the relationship could work as we are very compatible and compliment each other but he said also that it is basically imperative that we stay under God and in his Word. Like, we can't even think of navigating from that if we want a true, loving permanent relationship.

I will still continue to pray and hear God's voice on this young man and every other word he speaks. Oh, and I was interceding on his behalf after my worship time.

Shimmie

Staff member
I love you precious ladies. :love2:

Don't give up! Don't ever give up! Each day that I live, I see more and more of God's promises coming to pass. He never fails us, nor forsakes us. He just keeps blessing us. He will never let us down.

In the name of Jesus, not one stone shall be unturned. Each of you will know Marriage and only from the heart of God our Father in Heaven.

There will be no counterfeits; they are not allowed. Only God's chosen; none of you shall be denied.

Thank you Lord! For your promises are sure and true. :yep:

In Jesus''s name, Amen and Amen.... :giveheart:

crlsweetie912

God is so good. I have been TOTALLY single now for about 5 years. At first I began to wonder if something was wrong with me because NO MAN was showing any interest in me. Once I started praying and laying before God I saw that He, in is infinite wisdom, has kept all the "frogs" away from me so I could meet my Prince without distraction. God is so awesome. I am blessed to be waiting with ladies such as all of you.

Be blessed.

crlsweetie912

I love you precious ladies. :love2:

Don't give up! Don't ever give up! Each day that I live, I see more and more of God's promises coming to pass. He never fails us, nor forsakes us. He just keeps blessing us. He will never let us down.

In the name of Jesus, not one stone shall be unturned. Each of you will know Marriage and only from the heart of God our Father in Heaven.

There will be no counterfeits; they are not allowed. Only God's chosen; none of you shall be denied.

Thank you Lord! For your promises are sure and true. :yep:

In Jesus''s name, Amen and Amen.... :giveheart:
:bighug:
Is it coincidence that we posted at the EXACT same time, I think not. Long time no see Shimmie! :bighug:

chicacanella

Very funny thing I just realized. I am looking at how many times I used "help" throughout my paragraph. How I could "help" him do this or do that. And it's funny because in the bible, Eve was meant to help meet.

Genesis 2:18

18And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

chicacanella

God is so good. I have been TOTALLY single now for about 5 years. At first I began to wonder if something was wrong with me because NO MAN was showing any interest in me. Once I started praying and laying before God I saw that He, in is infinite wisdom, has kept all the "frogs" away from me so I could meet my Prince without distraction. God is so awesome. I am blessed to be waiting with ladies such as all of you.

Be blessed.

You know, I wondered why so many relationships that started off great, never seemed to work and I've come to the conclusion that God was protecting me. I actually got a revelation from the holy spirit that God has been protecting me from jerks even when I tried to make it work.

crlsweetie912

You know, I wondered why so many relationships that started off great, never seemed to work and I've come to the conclusion that God was protecting me. I actually got a revelation from the holy spirit that God has been protecting me from jerks even when I tried to make it work.
My goodness, you said a MOUTHFUL!!!!!
He's got you COVERED!

chicacanella

My goodness, you said a MOUTHFUL!!!!!
He's got you COVERED!

yes, he def. does. I didn't know he could do that. I thought that once you stepped out and tried to do your own thing that God wouldn't force himself on you or rather just leave you alone. But I just remembered that he said he would never leave nor forsake me. And actually, he didn't force himself he just still protected me in my foolishness.:yep:

Last edited:

Mis007

“Hope deferred makes the heart sick” Proverbs 13:12
Believing that God will do what he says is quite different from waiting for him to do it. Waiting is hard, but believing while waiting is harder.
That’s why people take things into their own hands.​
This is true of women who although believe that God would bring a man of his choice into their lives and we trust him to do this, we do get tired of waiting for god. The rebellious streak gets to us, the devil talks to us and we go off and find someone we forget believing that God will do it so we do it ourselves (often with dire consequences); we take matters into our own hands just like Sarah did in​
Genesis 16.
What we must ask ourselves;
Is anything too hard for the lord?​
Is anything?​
Can God accomplish in our lives what HE KNOWS BEST?​
Ladies we are the Sarah’s, God knows how far we have progressed in our hopes and dreams. He hears our weeping. Don’t mess up your life with do-it yourself projects’ when God has promised the very best for you.​

Shimmie

Staff member
Hey you all. I have been praying to God about this man I met and I believe I now have receieved a revelation from God about it.

I remember that I said the next man that I have any relationship whatsoever, romantically or not...I will lift him up to God in prayer. And I believe this is what every Christian woman and man should do before investing feelings, time and overall dating a person. I got this from someone's post on BHM named NYQueen. She did an article on it in the Spiritual My Experiences forum which is for Christians. It really hit me and helped me when she said that if a guy gave him her number, she would tell them that she needed a few days to pray on it before calling them back. I thought, "Wow, that is good... I should do the same thing" and keep myself out of situations filled with mess.

I believe this past night, I had a revelation from the holy spirit regarding this man I had been praying for. He said that I could help him actualize who he was meant to be and be the man he was called to be. I guess I could help him reach his full potential as a man in what God meant it to be. Now, I am under the impression that this doesn't just mean in one way, but in helping him be the man of God he was called to be and help bring out his full potential of all the talents God has blessed him with. Granted, he is doing very well for a black man but is he doing well as a man of God? I feel as if the holy spirit said that the relationship could work as we are very compatible and compliment each other but he said also that it is basically imperative that we stay under God and in his Word. Like, we can't even think of navigating from that if we want a true, loving permanent relationship.

I will still continue to pray and hear God's voice on this young man and every other word he speaks. Oh, and I was interceding on his behalf after my worship time.

I'm going to share this from my experience and it will bring so much peace to everyone. I hope: :yep:

Pray for peace and just to 'know' without dragging anything further than it needs to be. If this is a friend to have just for keeping company and for friendship's sake, ask God to just cut it clear and dry for both of you.

Ask God to just show you and get it over with. If this is the 'one' that God has sent, it's not going to be 'deep' and leave any room for doubt for either of you.

You just know. :yep: Both of you will just know. God keeps things simple and in perspective and leaves no room for doubt.

It works! just relax and meditate in the Lord, not the man. :meditate:

Just relax and enjoy the life God is bringing to fulfillment for each of you. "Lord is this that day that I take off my scarf and let my hair flow in wind, because I'm seeing him. Or do I just leave it in a bun cause this is not the one. :rolleyes:

Shimmie

Staff member
Chica, this ain't nothing but the truth the whole truth and nothing but the TRUTH!

Preach Girl! Preach!

Chica, I look back at some of men I could have married and I am so glad that I didn't. God KNEW what He was doing. He was protecting me.

It's not that I could never get a man, I just wasn't allowing God to show me the right one. So God just stepped in and took care of it for me.

Praise Jesus for His undying and most loving mercies upon my life. Praise Him! Praise Him! Praise Him!

I could be broke and riden with diseases had I stayed with one man. Oh Thank you Lord! Thank you Lord! I could be in jail just for being with the wrong man, at the wrong time, at the wrong place at the wrong time.

One guy I dated (a lonnngggggg time ago :rolleyes:) was dealing drugs and I had NO Clue! NO CLUE! He never would have told me because he was putting up a 'front' to impress me. I was a 'good girl' and he didn't want me to think any less of him.

I may have been a 'good girl' but I was sure blind. Yet God! And I wasn't even saved at the time, Yet God! God got me out of that relationship and kept me from being implicated by association with that man.

Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory!

Ladies don't ever fear the 'chastising' of the Lord. If He breaks you up with someone, it's for the good and the better and God's Best. He's moving out the junk in your life to make room for His Best and when 'he', the real man, God's Best comes.........You Will Know! Yes precious ones, you will know. Because God will tell you so. :yep:

Praise Him!

Elijah the Prophet, knew who God was and he stood upon his faith in God, yes he did.

"Wet it" Wet it again! Wet it a third time!

No matter how impossible it seems that your Altar (your Dreams) will not burn..... Woooooooo Jesus, have mercy! Shout! :yahoo: Run and Shout :woohoo2: I'm telling you, God says, "Wet it a third time."

We all know what happens when on the 3rd day. Was not Jonah in the belly of the whale, 3 days and 3 nights? What happen on that 3 rd day. :rolleyes: Come on, somebody say it. The whale 'spewed' Jonah out of his belly. Uh-huh :yep: Yup!

Jesus, our Sweet Saviour Jesus Christ. Our Lord God All Mighty.

He hung on that cross, beaten beyond measure and recognition. He was gone. He was buried in a sealed tomb. He went to hell and lead captivity captive. He set the captives free. He snatched the crown from off of satan's head that satan had stolen from Adam. For Adam was given rule over this earth. Then.............................................

On the 3rd day ............... the 3rd day..............the 3rd day.........................

Jesus rose........He rose from the dead. He appeared before witnesses and gave his blessings and command to His diciples. He gave us Authority over the enemy and the promise of the Holy Spirit as our Comforter.

Then He ascended into Heaven and stood before God our Father, who stood there with open arms to welcome Him back home. From there Jesus took His seat at the throne,, on the right hand side of the Father, holding in His hand the Scepter of Righteousness.

Wet it a third time. Do not give up on your Dreams of Marriage. For Jesus died and paid for it and it yours for the 'Receiving'. You've already 'asked', now all you have to do is receive it.

Wet it a third time. :yep:

:love3:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Is it coincidence that we posted at the EXACT same time, I think not. Long time no see Shimmie! :bighug:
Hey 'Sweetie" I miss you too. :bighug:

I'm over in the President Obama forum acting like a praying fool. :lachen: But then that's the best fool to be....:yep:

Love and hugs to you and your beautiful babies. :love2:

Bunny77

Granted, he is doing very well for a black man but is he doing well as a man of God?

I just gotta interject here. There is NO SUCH THING as "doing well for a black man," unless you accept the idea that black men should be held to lower standards than other men.

I know you didn't mean it in that sense and I say this in love, but that's almost insulting to black men and black people in general to say that someone is "doing well for a black man."

Do you expect lesser of a black man, and if so, why?

(sorry for the quick derailment, but that statement doesn't sit well with me...)

And back to the thread... Shimmie is so right and you got it too Chica about God removing certain people from our lives. We should be (and I certainly am) so thankful that certain relationships ended because they would have only continued to bring misery and pain. God wants so much better for us... man's rejection is God's protection! :D

Last edited: