Hairfinity 2014 Challenge

MoniqueHK

I'm on hairfinity starting dec so I'm one month in!
I'm protective styling but haven't noticed anything so far, but too early to tell. I also want to try viciscal too

ktwatkins

Take my MSM, hairfinity, and Alive this morning. I typically take a night for max absorption but I won't be home tonight.

toaster

My new pills came today! I'll finish my current bottle quickly since I gave my mother 7 days worth of pills. Trying to remember to take a hair picture on the 19 so I can track a full month of growth with the pills.

TwoSnapsUp

I'm still taking the pills. I want to go get a Dominican blowout but it's cold outside and the salon doesn't have heat.

ktwatkins

Okay so I found this pic. The left is in Oct and the right is as of Monday. You can see the growth and the thickness. Major difference.

Attachments

• image-1659501540.jpg
    image-1659501540.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 61

ktwatkins

@kwatkins your hair looks great. What have you been doing to thicken it?

Really just taking the hairfinity vitamins plus msm, and my multivitamin, Drinking carrot juice as of last week, oiling my scalp with the Doo-Groo Stimulating oil; I added olive oil, and Jamaican black castor oil to it. That's the only thing I can think that I've done differently really outside of the normal wash etc

Gr8ness83

I'd like to join this challenge. I started taking Haifinity several years ago and have been off and off depending on what my budget permitted but I have been faithfully taking my Hairfinity for the past 5 + months. I have also been taking other vitamins as well.
Morning:
MSM (powdered in 4-6oz orange juice... it tastes rather bitter)
Biotin (started off with 5,000mcg for approximately 3 weeks then increased it to 10,000)
B Complex (1 serving when I was taking 5,000mcg Biotin then 2 servings when I increased to 10,000 mcg Biotin however I am back down to 1 serving simply because it's one less pill that I have to take)
Viviscal (Just started these about 3-4 days ago)

Evening:
Hairfinity
Folic acid
Viviscal

With the exception of the Viviscal and folic acid, this has been my vitamin regimine since the last couple of weeks in July 2012. At some point I was taking Silica and collagen but I stopped once I ran out because I was too lazy to buy some more. I know it seems like a lot but I accidentally ordered the Viviscal from Amazon (it was in my online cart for months and when I placed the order for the folic acid, I clicked to purchase all the items in my cart...smh). Since I have the Viviscal, I shall use them...
I drink an absurd amount of water and I oil my scalp with either JBCO or some other oil that I bought. I have a leave-in that I mixed up that I saturate my braids with and when I wash my hair, I do an ACV rinse before I wash. When I take down my hair,I have little to no residue form the oil or moisturizers that I used during the time I had my sew-in installed.

I have noticed my hair has grown considerably since the end if July when I got a sew-in by Reneice (she is dabomb.com) but I have not measured the length. I have not been able to make it back to Reneice since the July but I have been able to keep my hair braided up under sew-ins. I take them out every 6-8 weeks and I do an Aphogee Protein treatment, DC, leave my hair out for a few days then braid it back up.
The last time I had taken my hair out, my mom was just staring and she told me that she is amazed at how much it has grown and how much thicker it has gotten.

I wrote out a schedule for protective styles for 2014, it may sound stupid but I will commit to it if I have it written and planned out on my calendar, otherwise I will do something stupid just because I see a little bit of growth. I need to stop messing with my hair (coloring, straightening etc...), according to my hair goal when I first began my healthy hair journey (2006), I should be long past tailbone length by now.... Anyway, enough of my tangents, I will take pics and post them when I take my hair out of this sew in on the 28th. I expect the biggest reason for growth this year will be my vitamins, protective styles, moisturizing/oiling scalp/hair, and a lot of prayer and patience....

TwoSnapsUp

I got a Dominican blowout today at 5 weeks post. I just don't see any difference, so I will finish up my second and last bottle of HF and won't be purchasing anymore.
:-(

Gr8ness83

I got a Dominican blowout today at 5 weeks post. I just don't see any difference, so I will finish up my second and last bottle of HF and won't be purchasing anymore.
:-(

I have not read all 20 pages so I am not sure how long you've been on these vitamins but if it helps any, it took a few months to see some real dramatic results when I started taking them several years ago. Maybe you would have some success if you hung in there a little while longer. Plus hair often goes through growth spurts in the Spring and Summer. Unfortunately it also has the tendency to shed more (the telogen cycle, not hair loss/shedding from winter styling). It might prove beneficial to keep at it so when and if your growth spurt hits then you have that extra boost and nourishment for healthy new hair and minimize the shedding. Just a thought. HTH.

blazingthru

I been taking the vitamins for about two weeks now, don't know if I am going to sign up, I really can't afford them, but if I can afford it I will stick to it. I have less shedding but that is about all I have seen as well, but its only been two weeks and I figure it would take me 3 months to see something prominent as well. I watched the youtube videos and everyone basically kept to a regiment and took care of themselves, I have to push myself to drink the water. i do not have any side effects from the vitamins at all.

Gr8ness83

I just wanted to add that I do notice an increase in the hair on my arms and the rest of my body in general. I was never a hairy person, I could go one year and shave my legs and arms only about 12 times but now the hair is growing much faster and far longer than it ever has. Since I have never been hairy and it's winter time I don't really care but come Summer time I see how I'll be spending a grip getting waxed. Lol

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I wouldn't give up so soon.

Yes what she said! Im sorry you haven't noticed any results. Give it some time...at least 6 months. Even if you aren't noticing any growth the pills still benefit the hair in other ways. I understand not purchasing them after some time...