my hair wont hold a curl

xcuzememiss

idk whats the problem.. my hair used to hold a curl so good. but as soon as i take my rollers out and wrap my hair it immeadiately falls straight. not flat but it straightens out. my pins curls dont last as long as they used to and hair doesnt have as much body. it hasnt thinned out any.... idk .. i thought i read somewhere before that hair's porosity level might have something to do with it.... the porosity seems fine. in fact my hair is silkier than before.... HELP

shtow

Do you use oil? Once I went back to serums, I no longer had this problem. I kid you not 7 days ago, I flat ironed, and curled my hair with the flat iron too. Then I slept in 10 flexi rods. I rodded my hair for 3 days, to keep the curls tight. From then on, I have been wrapping and my hair still.has.curl. I have not washed in 8 days.

Your Cheeziness

^^^Agreed, too much oil or too much products on the hair period can make hair flat. Sometimes hair needs a shot of protein. Even something light like Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin spray can be very helpful.

lux10023

wash it with a clarify shampoo and then apply a light serum or a light oil---too much build up

it could be over moisturized

PPGbubbles

My hair stop holding curls from twist outs. I believe it was cone/ oil overload. I was doing so many co washes and using shea butter and coconut oil and my hair wouldnt define for the world.

But my discovery came when I accidentally pickup a bottle of aussie moist shampoo instead of the condish and decided to shampoo since I bout it... My twist out the next day was so lovely and defined.

So try washing or clarifying and see if that doesnt help some :)

* This was also the first time I used Aphogee Green Tea as a leave in....perhaps that had something to do with it....I dunno I say the ladies suggest light protein

Last edited:

chebaby

when i was relaxed and my hair stopped holding a curl it was because it was damaged.
either that or you need to clarify.

a_shoe_6307

My hair has never held curls unless I rolled my hair after flat ironing and styling. No damage or any of that. It just doesn't like curled styles. I was always envious of the ladies who had curls and styles that lasted for days. My hair just like t be straight I guess. See my siggy (I had just got it done the day before with curls and that is what it was like by the end of the next day). The longer my hair gets the less it holds a curl.

LatterGlory

My hair stopped holding a curl because of heat damage over time... now that I am texlaxed my hair holds the curl until the next wash, I can even curl my hair with my fingers with no product, no heat and it looks like I used a curling iron.

The bone straight parts of my hair will not hold a curl for nothin'.

How often do you use direct heat.

xcuzememiss

so its hold a curl better now. I chelated.. and now incorporated a mild protein (b/c i have highlights now) so its holding up much better. Using Less products is more in preserving curls...