2010 Ovation Cell Therapy Reviews/Results Please!

What kind of results have you had with Ovation Cell Therapy (or MegaTek)?

• I have had great results with this product and would highly recommend it!

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I found that I get the same results with MegaTek (and it's cheaper!)

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Save your money. There are (less expensive) products out there that work just as well.

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ms_CoCo37

Okay,

I have searched all over this site for recent reviews and/or results for OCT. The PJ in me is itching to buy this product (it doesn't help that the commercial for it almost always comes on during my commute to/from work). :wallbash:

The one thing holding me back is that the price is a little steep (roughly $100 for the complete system). For those of you who use this product, is it really worth the investment? I understand that results may vary, but I would still love some feedback.:yep:

Thanks Ladies!

Ms_CoCo37

:bump:

I would like to know too.:look:

Thanks for bumping Platinum!:grin:

I really would like to try this product, and I don't want to just go by the reviews on their website (because of course, they're going to be good). I have a thin spot in the very front of my head, and I'm hoping that this product can help fill it back in.

Of course, I wouldn't be disappointed if the rest of my hair grew as well.:grin:

bluediamond0829

Girl yes and if you put in that you heard it on the radio you get 10% off your purchase. I think i still have a little left of the shampoo and the rinse but i still want to see if others are still using it and i mustve used all the OCT Cell Therapy because I can't find it.

I know Jamaicanlovely uses it when she is in weaves and she has had some nice growth with using the MT and OCT Cell Therapy.

So if anything I may just get the OCT Cell Therapy or use the bottle of MT that i still have because I just purchased some Keracare Sulfate free conditioner and the Moisturizer. I need to slow down because i also have the UBH products on the way because im working on doing that challenge.

Last edited:

hair4romheaven

BUy it and report back. they claim to have a guarantee anyway so if you see no results you get your money back less shipping and handling.

Good luck and don't 4get to report back! ;-)

I know this is about OCT (but I figured I'd bump for you and talk about MT), but I've been using MT for a few months now and I'm in love!

^^^ Me too. I've been using MT off and on for about a year and a half. I can tell you that w/o a doubt, MT made my hair THICK, THICK, THICK. I already have thick hair, but MT made me scurred of my own hair for a time. I'm currently on medication that thins my hair out, so I'm back on the MT in an effort to prevent some serious thinning/balding. HTH some, even if it isn't OCT :)

Ms_CoCo37

Okay, so I went on Amazon.com and found a lot of MT products. Which ones are the right ones to get? From what I'm seeing, it's for my "Mane, Tail, and Hoof" :perplexed

Ms_CoCo37

Girl yes and if you put in that you heard it on the radio you get 10% off your purchase. I think i still have a little left of the shampoo and the rinse but i still want to see if others are still using it and i mustve used all the OCT Cell Therapy because I can't find it.

I know Jamaicanlovely uses it when she is in weaves and she has had some nice growth with using the MT and OCT Cell Therapy.

So if anything I may just get the OCT Cell Therapy or use the bottle of MT that i still have because I just purchased some Keracare Sulfate free conditioner and the Moisturizer. I need to slow down because i also have the UBH products on the way because im working on doing that challenge.

Thanks for the discount tip! Every little bit helps!:yep: I'm definitely going to check out Jamaicanlovely's page.

I may just do like one of the other posters and just buy the OCT and come back and give my own review about it.:yep:

ladysaraii

Thanks for the discount tip! Every little bit helps!:yep: I'm definitely going to check out Jamaicanlovely's page.

I may just do like one of the other posters and just buy the OCT and come back and give my own review about it.:yep:

They actually have a place where you can say you heard about it on LHCF for the discount.

I orginally had the kit, but I just re-ordered the cell therapy. No results as I just started re-using it.

I will say that the ordering was quick and easy and the shipping is very fast.

deborah11

I have it but don't use it consistently so I really can't say that it does or does not work. I think I will try to use it more consistently so that I can use up the bottle. THis stuff is exspensive and I don't want it to go to waste.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
That's the one I just bought so I sure hope its the right one!

That's the Right One.:yep: I am also a Mega-Teker!:grin: I am currently using it 2 weeks on 2 weeks off straight.

On the 2 weeks 'off', I use something else. The reason I started doing that, is MT makes my scalp a little "tender" around the 2 week mark with constant use.

MT Works! And it works quickly.:grin: I never had any shedding etc...kept my moisture on point and purchased Nutrine Garlic Conditioner and AE Garlic Treatment (as a precaution) to deal with any potential shedding.

*backs outta thread since it is really about OCT*:look:

Ms_CoCo37

That's the Right One.:yep: I am also a Mega-Teker!:grin: I am currently using it 2 weeks on 2 weeks off straight.

On the 2 weeks 'off', I use something else. The reason I started doing that, is MT makes my scalp a little "tender" around the 2 week mark with constant use.

MT Works! And it works quickly.:grin: I never had any shedding etc...kept my moisture on point and purchased Nutrine Garlic Conditioner and AE Garlic Treatment (as a precaution) to deal with any potential shedding.

IDare, did you experience any hardness or dryness after using the MT?

KinkyGenius

*invites you back into thread* lol

How is it that you use the MT? Do you DC with it, add it to your DC, apply to just your scalp nightly, etc.?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
IDare, did you experience any hardness or dryness after using the MT?

I apply lightly to scalp only. Only like the thinnest amount on the very tip of your finger.:yep:

When I use it for those 2 weeks, I keep my hair highly moisturized, including Moisturizing DC'ers and maybe a little JBCO (especially in the Winter).

I don't use it at all on the length of my hair, just scalp only.
So, no, I haven't had any unusual dryness?:nono:

The only real downer or con for me has been scalp tenderness (which usually happens at about 2 weeks of consistent use) which is why I take a break from it for about 2 weeks.

I asked another Poster who uses OCT and she said she experiences a slight tenderness as well even with OCT.:perplexed

KinkyGenius

OP, which product do you think you'll be getting? The OCT or the MT? I hear the OCT helps with gaining length and the MT helps with gaining thickness, I'm not sure if that's still the general consensus.

Ms_CoCo37

OP, which product do you think you'll be getting? The OCT or the MT? I hear the OCT helps with gaining length and the MT helps with gaining thickness, I'm not sure if that's still the general consensus.

:look: I'm so weak. I broke down and bought the OCT.:look:

I would like to try both products though. I'll do the OCT first.

I'll definitely keep a photo log of my progress and share it with you guys.:grin:

KinkyGenius

:look: I'm so weak. I broke down and bought the OCT.:look:

I would like to try both products though. I'll do the OCT first.

I'll definitely keep a photo log of my progress and share it with you guys.:grin:

LOL I figured you may have chosen that one :laugh:

How will you be using it? The same way IDare uses her MT?

Ms_CoCo37

I apply lightly to scalp only. Only like the thinnest amount on the very tip of your finger.:yep:

When I use it for those 2 weeks, I keep my hair highly moisturized, including Moisturizing DC'ers and maybe a little JBCO (especially in the Winter).

I don't use it at all on the length of my hair, just scalp only.
So, no, I haven't had any unusual dryness?:nono:

The only real downer or con for me has been scalp tenderness (which usually happens at about 2 weeks of consistent use) which is why I take a break from it for about 2 weeks.

I asked another Poster who uses OCT and she said she experiences a slight tenderness as well even with OCT.:perplexed

I will definitely keep these tips in mind when I try the MT. Thanks IDare!

Ms_CoCo37

LOL I figured you may have chosen that one :laugh:

How will you be using it? The same way IDare uses her MT?

I'm definitely gonna take a page from IDare's book.:grin:

I'm just hoping this will help fill in that thinning area. The funny part is that I only notice it when my hair is straight.:perplexed

Esthi777

Can these products (Ovation and MT) be bought locally or always online?

Both, I walked in to a feed store and paid $25 but you can also order in online. I live in CA central valley. Very heavy agriculture area and had about 35 feed stores to choose from. Check your yellow pages and call before you visit. HTH

MiWay

Okay,

I have searched all over this site for recent reviews and/or results for OCT. The PJ in me is itching to buy this product (it doesn't help that the commercial for it almost always comes on during my commute to/from work). :wallbash:

The one thing holding me back is that the price is a little steep (roughly $100 for the complete system). For those of you who use this product, is it really worth the investment? I understand that results may vary, but I would still love some feedback.:yep:

Thanks Ladies!

I use it as a pre-poo sometimes (on my scalp), but I can't say what it's doing, if anything. I got my hair cut in late May and I can see that it has grown back at least an inch, which is not normal for me. I'm not sure if it's the OCT, a summer growth spurt, or the fact that I got my hair cut after waiting so long.

However, my sister's edges were almost bald, so I put braids in her hair to give it a rest. I put some OCT and water in a spray bottle, and sprayed it on her edges every day. Her edges started growing back in no time. When it was time to retouch her braids, the areas where I couldn't grab, were "grab-able". LOL So something was working.

Ms_CoCo37

I use it as a pre-poo sometimes (on my scalp), but I can't say what it's doing, if anything. I got my hair cut in late May and I can see that it has grown back at least an inch, which is not normal for me. I'm not sure if it's the OCT, a summer growth spurt, or the fact that I got my hair cut after waiting so long.

However, my sister's edges were almost bald, so I put braids in her hair to give it a rest. I put some OCT and water in a spray bottle, and sprayed it on her edges every day. Her edges started growing back in no time. When it was time to retouch her braids, the areas where I couldn't grab, were "grab-able". LOL So something was working.

Thank you for your honest review. I guess time will tell. When you use it for pre-pooing did you apply on your scalp only?

ladysaraii

I have edge problems so I think I will try. thanks.