Ideas????

Dionne

I am in search for some new products. I have used creme of nature, elucence, loreal mega moisture, ors, motions, and I want to try some new stuff. I am really looking for another shampoo and conditioner combo. Elucence isn't moisturizing enough for me. I just want to try something new. Any ideas? Shampoos? Conditioners? Moisturizers? I just want to spice it up ya know. I'm getting bored if that makes any sense. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

well you've come to the right place to ask. Alot of us here are PJ's of varying 'strength's /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Personally, my handsdown fav. shampoo is by L'anza and is called Protein Plus shampoo. Its a really good treatment shampoo that cleans without drying. Its ph balanced and does strengthen and moisturize. www.lanza.com check 'hair repair' line to read more about it.

I've never been impressed with Elucence MB on my hair.

Conditioner wise my faves are:

Mizani Moisturefuse - Rediscovered this after my stylist used it on me ages ago and am using it currently. Its meant specifically for deep conditioning and really does moisturize. I mix mine with a touch of olive oil too as part of the treatment. Not cheap though, its $10 a bottle but it works.

Motions Moisture Plus (approx $3.99). Its a great low end thick conditioner that contains silicones and it makes the hair nice and slippery. Some girls here don't like cones but I love them.

Alot of girls here have raved over Pantene Smooth and Sleek and/or Daily Moisture Renewal. I've not tried either yet. They also apparently provide nice 'slip' to the hair (and both have identical ingredients oddly enough). I have a DMR bottle 'waiting' to be used so I can't personally testify to it yet /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Redken Heavy Cream - Its expensive (approx $14) but truly does moisturize the hair thoroughly.'

A good tip I've found is to add a bit of olive oil to whatever conditioner you pick (or do a hot oil pre-treatment before washing) and that alone will boost the moisture in the hair.

Hope these suggestions help a bit.

pmichael52172

Try:

Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo & Keracare Humecto Conditioner
(I currently use Elucene and can't wait to finish it so I can go back to Keracare)

Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo and Moisturizing Conditioner was a goodie for me too.

As a leave-in, if you like the sprays Joico Integrity leave-in is wonderful.

Hope you find a winner.

Kitkat

BRH, I just purchased Redken All Soft Heavy Cream from Rays this afternoon, because of the raves about this product. I couldn't find the shampoo in that line, so I bought the Redken Climatress shampoo. Can't wait to try it out tonite!

Mizani Moisturefuse is kind of a pain to find, so I'll use the All Soft till I can find a convenient place to buy it. Geez, this stuff is harder to find than Affirm relaxer products!

And I second your motion on Motions Moisture Plus (pun fully intended /images/graemlins/grin.gif!! Gives great slip.

daviine

KitKat--where in Brooklyn are you? I have never had a problem finding Moisturefuse. I usually go to the beauty supply by the junction on Nostrand and Flatbush.

Kitkat

Daviine, I'm in Downtown Brooklyn. Seems as if the beauty supply stores down there don't carry Mizani, or maybe they're kept behind the counter. Flatbush & Nostrand, huh? Hmmmm, I have some relatives living near there. Maybe I need to pay them a visit! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the info! The Junction is a bit of a trek for me, but us PJs will travel far and wide to get our hair care products! /images/graemlins/grin.gif After what you ladies have to say about Moisturefuse, I'd really like to try it.

daviine

I didn't know that you'd never tried it. And yes, it is almost alwasy kept by the counter. Before you make the trek, check again behind the counter!!!!!

Kitkat.

LMK what you think of All Soft Heavy Cream tonight. I do like it.

Good luck re. Mizani. Its worth the search I think but hey, you've got Redken which is a damn good alternative /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pps. yes the Motions M Plus is one of the 'bargain bucket' conditioners IMO lol!!

JerseyGirl

Mizani products is sold at every JcPenny's beauty salon. This is where I get my Mizani products from. They carry all of the products that Mizani has to offer except the relaxer.

Kitkat

Daviine: Can you say DUH?! /images/graemlins/blush.gif Okay, I've totally embarrassed myself. OF COURSE I should look behind the counter for this stuff!! Thanks for the info and please bear with me; my brain is still in 'long weekend' mode!

BrownRelaxedHair: I'll definitely post my review of All Soft. I've been dying to try this stuff since so many of you said it's so great.

JerseyGirl, we don't have JC Penney here in the city. I know that they're out in Long Island and perhaps parts of Queens, but without a car I'm kinda limited. I should be able to find it here in Brooklyn - as long as I ask for it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the help, ladies! Dionne, I hope you don't think that I've hijacked your post here.

daviine

I just didn't want you to make the trek......but I think its funny becasue I can never find the Redken AllSoft Heavy Cream and I've been wanting to try it.