The hype over WEN.

The Princess

WEN is the reason I'm able to stretch so long. Im now 18 weeks. Even my beautician notice a difference in my hair. I like Fig and recently received the 613. I must say I like the 613 more. The smell is heavenly and the consistency of the conditioner is much thicker. Also I don't need as many pumps as I use with the Fig. Nevertheless I will have these two in heavy rotation. I used the ginger pumpkin and Im one of the few, that didn't care for it.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Yeah, that WEN Ginger Pumpkin, instantly fell in love, and quickly purchased another before it is gone. Why did I sleep on this? I tried the one in Sally's (my mind is blank on the name). The olive oil was ok, purchased a sample, but I bought the jojoba full size, and hated it! Threw it in the garbage. But this WEN, this is love.gov!

CandyCurls

I finally got chance to use Sweet Almond Oil over the weekend. It's life-changing! It's almost scary how moisturized my hair feels. Are any naturals upping their protein treatments with this stuff? I saw two naturals on YouTube that said Wen made their hair fall out (they didn't know it was because of too much moisture). I was going to skip on Ginger Pumpkin and wait for Vanilla Mint, but I'm just gonna have to buy both!

Ronnieaj

I finally got chance to use Sweet Almond Oil over the weekend. It's life-changing! It's almost scary how moisturized my hair feels. Are any naturals upping their protein treatments with this stuff? I saw two naturals on YouTube that said Wen made their hair fall out (they didn't know it was because of too much moisture). I was going to skip on Ginger Pumpkin and wait for Vanilla Mint, but I'm just gonna have to buy both!

I've used the Wen Fig and now Ginger Pumpkin off an on since I went natural almost 4 years ago. I kept stopping because of the over-moisturization issue, which I'm pretty easily prone to. I use the Wen after I do an ayurvedic tea rinse, which tends to be strengthening, the Wen balances it. If I do use it by itself I won't go more than a week or so without at least a mild protein condish, like AO GPB.

Anaya-Amani

Solitude try using Neem shampoo on your son's flaky scalp. You can find it at Indian stores or online. My scalp got flaky this summer b/c I kept re-using my henna mix that included indigo- not good!!! It made my scalp red, flaky, burn & tight feeling. After researching and trying to fix my scalp with other products I found the neem shampoo and I worked!!! My daughters have used it on their scalp and they said it made a big difference. Good luck.

Solitude

Solitude try using Neem shampoo on your son's flaky scalp. You can find it at Indian stores or online. My scalp got flaky this summer b/c I kept re-using my henna mix that included indigo- not good!!! It made my scalp red, flaky, burn & tight feeling. After researching and trying to fix my scalp with other products I found the neem shampoo and I worked!!! My daughters have used it on their scalp and they said it made a big difference. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion. I noticed a lot of ladies here talking about the benefits of neem. There are quite a few Indian stores in my city, so I'll have to check. I also ordered some AyoSoya oil from Hairveda specifically because it has Neem oil. I wasn't sure how strong Neem Oil is and whether it would be okay to put it on his scalp.

I've been washing his hair daily and it's still like a losing battle.

omnipadme

I tried wen in the past and had lots of shedding, but I guess I'm in pj mode again- just ordered the pomegranate and sweet almond duo to try. Do any naturals recommend the styling cremes?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I decided to wait until about June to test WEN. I've already purchased (16 ounce bottles)

2 Fig
2 Pomegrante
2 Sweet Almond Mint
2 Ginger Pumpkin
2 Vanilla Mint

I'll be using it strictly as a Cowash Conditioner and will follow my same Regimen as I would with any other Cowashing product.

Will continue to do Protein & Moisturizing Deep Conditioning Treatments as needed.

kellistarr

Finally, finally, I was able to place my order for the Wen Vanilla Mint and the 613. Do you know I've been waiting all this time? I thought I was on a waiting list, turns out I wasn't.
I love the WEN oils. I have no idea what's happening but the price has gone through the roof. I see that now the oils are called Intensive Treatment Oil for $48.00. for 4 oz. This is the price on QVC. They still have some of the Almond Mint oil for $20 for 4 oz. so I ordered some of that before it suffers inflation. On QVC the hydrating hair masks are going for $58 by itself, but then they offer the 4 oz. lavender oil and 4 oz lavender hydrating hair mask for $66.50 together. I thought this a better deal. I would like some of the Fig hydrating mask. Has anyone tried their 613 yet?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
kellistarr

I love 613...I just about used my whole bottle (nearly) that I got back in Oct/Nov. I wish the price wasnt so darn high & I think they have went up on QVC website bc I paid less than what it is going for! Oh well hopefully I can get some when income tax comes & get it on auto ship. Also the WVM is heavenly & if you use them both 2 gether aww there is nothing like it!

Nylund

kellistarr
Wen 613 is excellent. I've only been using it since November, but I adore it. Since it's expensive, I do my first wash with one of the other Wen conditioners, then I use 613 for my second wash. I deep condition with 1-2 pumps of 613 mixed with the Re-Moist Hydrating Treatment and my hair feels like butter afterward. I highly recommend trying it - it's worth it :) On another note, you have such lovely hair.

kellistarr

Good reviews! HairPleezeGrow that is a true testimony if you've practically used the whole bottle. I'm glad you liked it. I'm sure I will.

drpeaches81 Thank You. I try with my hair (like treating it to all these yummy WEN products). Your routine sounds lush. I love the Re-Moist Treatments. WEN is so expensive, but the products perform so well.

StarScream35

Has anyone noticed any hair loss using Wen? Apparently lots of ladies on the net are reporting this and I wanted to see if any sistas were havng problems?

HanaKuroi

Brighteyes35 said:
Has anyone noticed any hair loss using Wen? Apparently lots of ladies on the net are reporting this and I wanted to see if any sistas were havng problems?

I read this somewhere and I stopped using it. Can you add some links.

I don't want to experiment on my hair. I got paranoid and just mudwash now instead. Are the ladies black or white?

BGT

I got the Sweet Almond Mint and so far, no bueno :nono: My hair is tangled and feels really stripped. I used it on two occasions, making sure my hair was soaked and even used that mask that came with it. Sigh. :/

HanaKuroi

I just googled wen and hair loss. Wow it is very scary. I suggest all ladies that are using it google it.

StarScream35

I read this somewhere and I stopped using it. Can you add some links.

I don't want to experiment on my hair. I got paranoid and just mudwash now instead. Are the ladies black or white?

I will have to find those links but I remember reading posts from black and white women. It scared the crap out of me. Also, I read a post where a lady had the same thing happen with Sallys knock off brand called Hair One. I just wonder whats in it that's causing the hair loss. Sounds like those keratin treatment disasters. I wonder if formaldehyde is in it?

HanaKuroi

Brighteyes35 said:
I will have to find those links but I remember reading posts from black and white women. It scared the crap out of me. Also, I read a post where a lady had the same thing happen with Sallys knock off brand called Hair One. I just wonder whats in it that's causing the hair loss. Sounds like those keratin treatment disasters. I wonder if formaldehyde is in it?

Someone online claimed it was a menthol allergy. When I used it I used it as a conditioner and didn't leave any in. I will not use it anymore. I have the Ginger pumpkin the huge bottles of the fig and the one that is only a number. It's a good thing I was a product junkie and was using different products. lol lol lol Sometimes being a pj can be a good thing!

hair4today

Brighteyes35 if you do a search in the January 2012 Hits & Misses thread, you'll find comments and links about Wen causing hairloss.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
After reading up on it and reading several Posters on the Forum, I made the decision that I just couldn't chance it.:nono:

My original thought when I first started building up a stash of WEN was to Co-wash with it exclusively this Summer.:blush:

I'm sure it's a great product for alot of Ladies...But I just couldn't take the chance right now, listed and sold "Most" of the Stash I had on the Exchange Forum.:sad:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I just googled wen and hair loss. Wow it is very scary. I suggest all ladies that are using it google it.

Wow, i had no idea!! I will look into this. I've been using the fig for a few years and now the vanilla mint is in my rotation and i've not had any problems. How strange :(

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I got pm's from several Ladies who had adverse reactions from it, but didn't want to Post it because they did not want to appear "Negative" towards the product.:look:

Hmp.:rolleyes: I wanna hear: the good, the bad & the ugly.:lol:

shenitab

I started using it in December and have not had any problems with it. The only thing I heard bad about it is that it can overmoisturize your hair which can cause breakage. You need to do protein treatments when needed.
I really like it because it makes my hair soft. I also use it on all 3 of my kids heads of hair - even my son. I have a variety: fig, lavender, sweet almond mint, vanilla mint and pomegranate. I don't use sweet almond mint nor the vanilla mint on the kids but I use the other ones on them.

Keen

I got pm's from several Ladies who had adverse reactions from it, but didn't want to Post it because they did not want to appear "Negative" towards the product.:look:

Hmp.:rolleyes: I wanna hear: the good, the bad & the ugly.:lol:

@IDareT'sHair

I really hope those ladies reconsider sharing their story. I also like to hear the good, the bad and the ugly. I like the product. But I've had three different naturals try it and they did not like it at all (I'm relaxed). They didn't get adverse reaction. They just didn't care for the result. I've stopped recommending the product to naturals.