Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

Aggie

I'm taking it for it's multiple health benefits as well and will continue to take it. I can handle the gritty taste in water mixed with a little milk.

Black Ambrosia

I've been taking DE for about 3 or 4 days. It does have a chalky taste. I took it twice without mixing it with anything else. I wouldn't recommend it but it wasn't awful. I've been mixing it with yogurt and that works fine for me. Shortly before taking DE I noticed some pain when I would lay on my left side. That has completely gone. I'm also sleeping more soundly and feeling more rested but I have been under the weather so that could be a result of my body just needing the rest. I haven't seen a noticeable difference with BM but I didn't need any help with that. Either way, I think I'll stick with DE and see what results may come.

ChocoKitty

Took my first heaping tablespoon of DE late last night in orange juice.

-(GET READY FOR TMI) Today I've produced 2 BMs which is not normal for me. Plus the volume was greater.

-My period symptoms are dull to non-existent in comparison to yesterday before taking DE.

-My stomach bloat has decreased--noticeably.

-I gave some to my Mom and she's already noticed a difference in energy and bathrooms sessions.

Right now I'm sipping on a Tbsp of DE in water. I feel calmer than usual-but almost like I could use a nap. I may do DE in water on weekends and DE before bed weekdays.

swalker31

Hey yall,
I'm just curious and hope someone could chime in and ease my worries. So I watched the video again and I notice the man said that when you look at DE magnified its looks chiseled or sharp. And when the insects move around it cuts into them. Sooo my concern is what am I doing to my hair when I add it to DC?? Am I causing damage?

LaidBak

Hey yall,
I'm just curious and hope someone could chime in and ease my worries. So I watched the video again and I notice the man said that when you look at DE magnified its looks chiseled or sharp. And when the insects move around it cuts into them. Sooo my concern is what am I doing to my hair when I add it to DC?? Am I causing damage?

I recall someone posting a warning on this a few pages back.

equestrian

Hey yall,

haha DE looks like thimbles when it's magnified

MissYocairis

ok...upped my dosage to 1tblsp per day at night because it was making me sleepy. My sleep is great. BUT...I'm STILL not getting really any change in elimination. I wonder why? I've always had a sluggish digestive system. I'd be lucky to get a bm every other day. I recently incorporated more fiber and less sugar in my diet last summer and my situation improved to 1 bm per day. Now, with DE, I'm not seeing anything better than 1 bm each day and I think it may even have led to a lil constipation? (things are not moving easily). :ohwell:

Has anyone experienced this? Also, I have balloon gas. :perplexed You know the kind you get sometimes with MSM? The kind that is light and airy, practically odorless and long like letting air out of a balloon? Please tell me someone else is experiencing increased gas? :look:

As for hair progress, I haven't been measuring..BUT...my scalp has been itching like crazy ever since I upped my dosage. I don't have scalp issues. Anyone else? :spinning:

As for SKIN...my forehead has been TIGHT beneath the skin over the past 24 hours. At first, I thought it was tension...then, I realized it felt like I'd pulled my hair into a really tight bun...'cept I wasn't wearing a bun...my hair was just loosely pinned up. I realized it must be the DE. I got this same effect from taking powdered MSM. :yep:

sqzbly1908

ok...upped my dosage to 1tblsp per day at night because it was making me sleepy. My sleep is great. BUT...I'm STILL not getting really any change in elimination. I wonder why? I've always had a sluggish digestive system. I'd be lucky to get a bm every other day. I recently incorporated more fiber and less sugar in my diet last summer and my situation improved to 1 bm per day. Now, with DE, I'm not seeing anything better than 1 bm each day and I think it may even have led to a lil constipation? (things are not moving easily). :ohwell:

Has anyone experienced this? Also, I have balloon gas. :perplexed You know the kind you get sometimes with MSM? The kind that is light and airy, practically odorless and long like letting air out of a balloon? Please tell me someone else is experiencing increased gas? :look:

As for hair progress, I haven't been measuring..BUT...my scalp has been itching like crazy ever since I upped my dosage. I don't have scalp issues. Anyone else? :spinning:

As for SKIN...my forehead has been TIGHT beneath the skin over the past 24 hours. At first, I thought it was tension...then, I realized it felt like I'd pulled my hair into a really tight bun...'cept I wasn't wearing a bun...my hair was just loosely pinned up. I realized it must be the DE. I got this same effect from taking powdered MSM. :yep:

Hey SS...how is your water intake...I need to really up mine as my digestion system is little (sometimey) ...It has its ups and downs...

I have been gassy as well and figured that was another by-product of the DE...

I haven't had the tightness that your mentioned or the itchy scalp...that is interesting tho'....

MissYocairis

Hey SS...how is your water intake...I need to really up mine as my digestion system is little (sometimey) ...It has its ups and downs...

I have been gassy as well and figured that was another by-product of the DE...

I haven't had the tightness that your mentioned or the itchy scalp...that is interesting tho'....

:blush::sad: my water intake sucks. I admit. I drink a lot of hot tea and I have been drinking a lot of vitamin water 10's. (the 10 calorie ones). Other than that...as far as pure water goes....:nono: I confess, I've not done hardly any.

Thank you for that question...I guess I need to up that huh? :perplexed

*Frisky*

:blush::sad: my water intake sucks. I admit. I drink a lot of hot tea and I have been drinking a lot of vitamin water 10's. (the 10 calorie ones). Other than that...as far as pure water goes....:nono: I confess, I've not done hardly any.

Uh yes...:giggle:

I have only been taking it 2 days so I haven't noticed anything yet. I have a question and hopefully it hasn't been answered and I overlooked it. How long do you ladies plan on taking it? Is this something you can ingest daily indefinitely?

sqzbly1908

You're Welcome...

I am a an avid water (should I say Crystal Light packet) drinker but I need to step up my game as I am experiencing a little peeling on my face and I have oily skin and I don't use harsh products...

I need to get back on my 64 oz a day - I just don't have the desire to drink my Crystal Light water (hate regular water)

*sittin' up here at work lookin' at my 32 oz water bottle and sighing*

MissYocairis

You're Welcome...

I am a an avid water (should I say Crystal Light packet) drinker but I need to step up my game as I am experiencing a little peeling on my face and I have oily skin and I don't use harsh products...

I need to get back on my 64 oz a day - I just don't have the desire to drink my Crystal Light water (hate regular water)

*sittin' up here at work lookin' at my 32 oz water bottle and sighing*

I know that feeling well. :nono: I'm going to have to quit playing and just handle it. I got good at it for a while and then gave myself a water vacation and never went back. :perplexed

BayAreaDream

I'm on the fence with this stuff. I know it's too early to tell much but I don't see much. I feel just as healthy when taking my egg shake and vitamins. I need to feel somthing soon or this stuff will end up on the garden shelf. Off to look up more info. I must admit I was kind of sad when the girl from the other hair forum said her quote was turned upside down an into somthing that never was.

Blaque*Angel

I know that feeling well. :nono: I'm going to have to quit playing and just handle it. I got good at it for a while and then gave myself a water vacation and never went back. :perplexed

lol, ya'll are funny :lol:
i actually love plain water, so that is the easiest thing for me!
this D.E has me mad thirsty so i'm drinking over a gallon a day and have to keep rushing to the rest room..i wake up with the driest throat ever..
thank God the headaches have stopped!

Honi

There is no board.

I was looking for increased BM and didn't see a difference either. I was on the gallon of water a day challenge and slacked off but i still get a decent amount I guess. I drink about 4 bottles and more on work-out days.

My skin is looking purty though. Not sure if it is the DE or the biosil or both.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I was looking for increased BM and didn't see a difference either. I was on the gallon of water a day challenge and slacked off but i still get a decent amount I guess. I drink about 4 bottles and more on work-out days.

My skin is looking purty though. Not sure if it is the DE or the biosil or both.

I really would like to have more bowel movements, but I'm not really experiencing anything out of the normal, which is very few BM. :nono:

I am taking DE and Veolite together, hoping that would help. Getting nothing so far. Day 4 on the Veolite.

RockCreak

Hmmm, I wonder why some of the ladies are not experiencing any of the benefits from the DE (common benefits).

I have only been taking this stuff for around 6days or so and have noticed a change already. I was not a "regular" person. I would only poop every couple of days or so, now I'm going twice in the morning and once, maybe twice in the evening.

I can say that I have increased the amount of DE that I take. I used to take it only once a day, maybe a teaspoon, but now I take a heaping tablespoon. I'm talking about I dip the spoon down in my big ol bad ( I have 6lbs) and pull out a huge pile. I drop it in my juice, stir and drink.

I also keep a small bag at work which I add a tablespoon during my lunch.

Oh and my scalp has been itching like crazy too. I'm in braids, but don't think that the braids have anything to do with the itchiness, I'll be taking them out this week.

I've also increased my water intake.. not quite up to 64oz but I'm getting there.

I'll keep on taking this for a while and definite will keep you ladies updated.

MissYocairis

My skin is looking really good too. I don't really have trouble skin, but it's been looking extra glowy yet tight lately.

MissYocairis

Hmmm, I wonder why some of the ladies are not experiencing any of the benefits from the DE (common benefits).

I have only been taking this stuff for around 6days or so and have noticed a change already. I was not a "regular" person. I would only poop every couple of days or so, now I'm going twice in the morning and once, maybe twice in the evening.

I can say that I have increased the amount of DE that I take. I used to take it only once a day, maybe a teaspoon, but now I take a heaping tablespoon. I'm talking about I dip the spoon down in my big ol bad ( I have 6lbs) and pull out a huge pile. I drop it in my juice, stir and drink.

I also keep a small bag at work which I add a tablespoon during my lunch.

Oh and my scalp has been itching like crazy too. I'm in braids, but don't think that the braids have anything to do with the itchiness, I'll be taking them out this week.

I've also increased my water intake.. not quite up to 64oz but I'm getting there.

I'll keep on taking this for a while and definite will keep you ladies updated.

Glad someone else is itching. My scalp NEVER itches...but as soon as I upped my dosage to 1 heaping tblspoon per day, the itching began that very next day!

RockCreak

That's exactly what I noticed too ^^^. As soon as I increased my dosage, my scalp was itching.

I hope that's a good thing!!! :grin:

likewtr4chklit

OK so I've been using the method where you let the de sit at the bottom of the container and drink it little by little. I just feel good overall I have no idea if its the de or if it's a combination of the de, msm and maca I take everyday. Plus my skin is like whoa....can't even describe it. It's so pretty I don't even want to put foundation on in the morning. But I'm sure the M2 (mama lotion) helped with that.

adw425

Me too. I am blessed with clear skin -- and I have absolutely no skin regiment whatsoever because of this "blessedness" (smile) -- but my normal clear, glowing complexion HAS been extra radiant as well. S_P: Try taking a multi-enzyme. I just get the mult-enzyme tablets from Puritan's Pride.

My skin is looking really good too. I don't really have trouble skin, but it's been looking extra glowy yet tight lately.

Honi

There is no board.

My skin gets an attitude sometimes when i play around with different products but has been behaving much much better.

I was thinking of taking 2 heaping tablespoons instead of one and see what that does. If anything I can hear it passing thru my system :look: but I want some results dagnabit! :lachen:

sqzbly1908

Me too. I am blessed with clear skin -- and I have absolutely no skin regiment whatsoever because of this "blessedness" (smile) -- but my normal clear, glowing complexion HAS been extra radiant as well. S_P: Try taking a multi-enzyme. I just get the mult-enzyme tablets from Puritan's Pride.

What does the multi-enzyme do? If it is in a previous post let me know I will search for it...

TIA

p.s. Hatin' on u and all ur "blessedness"...:lachen::lachen: but I do like what it is doing for my skin...I was peeling for minute when I initially started and now it is looking better....

Last edited: