Fast Drying Hood Dryers

A

AmilLion

Well ladies, I finally found my hood dryer on the internet. Below I've posted a link to the site where you can see the hood dryer that I claim dries MY hair as well as my moms hair in 25-30 minutes.

As you can see, the bottom kind of curls under to help trap the air flow, so your not losing that much air. It comes on a portable stand that you can roll around the house and the hard hat to believe it or not about the same size as lets say the Gold N Hot home dryer. Or maybe I'm just used to it lol.

Even though the site says $279.00, I purchased mine for much less. Great investment if I must say so. Between me and my mom, we've done about 20 wash and sets and if we were going to the dominicans when they didn't have specials, that would have cost between the both of us, about $400 to date.

http://salonequipmentintl.com/indexfolder/dryers/514/514openhooda.jpg

MissM

What size rollers do you use when you sit under this dryer? What type of temps does it have, you're not roasting for 25-30 min are you? I'm definitely interested in this-here in Detroit a wash and set is $40!!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

A

AmilLion

I use the gray rollers, they're almost the second largest rollers. The temperature's on cool and no I don't roast hahaha. Uhmm, actually I can't see the setting on my dryer, but it's definitely only on a warm setting, never hot!

I have to say, it was worth every penny I paid for and more. If you can afford it, I would say purchase it.

Sunshine

AmilLion,
My head is big /images/graemlins/crazy.gif . Can a big head girl like me fit? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

VALLEYGIRL

AmilLion
I am going to kill you I don't need to buy another thing!!!!

You say it dries your hair in 25-30 minutes....so a few questions about your hair:

Is your hair relaxed or natural? I ask b/c I think natural hair holds more water thus taking a little longer to dry.

How long and thick is your hair?

What do you use to roller set your hair with. Leave in or a setting lotion? and which kind?

TIA
Valleygirl
;

Peachtree

Hi AmiLion
God knows I'm interested in this "speedy" dryer. Girl, I sit under the dryer for 2 & 1/2 hrs on warm (2 hrs if I occassionally turn the dial to hot) and I am soooo tired of this.

What's your hair length?....I'm wondering if we are close in length, then maybe I can get a quick set too... or at least under an hour...just wishful thinking /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I have 4b (I think) type relaxed hair, about 2-3" from covering entire back bra strap (hair is same length all around) and very thick. I know that I would have to consider roller size & the amount of hair on each roller; I'm just hoping that maybe it'll work just as well for me too.

I've walked passed it at Sally's here in Cleve, OH....I'm going to take a very good look at it tomorrow. I believe the regular price was $239, yet it was on sale for $199. I'm ready to purchase now! Girl if you can, please respond tonight.

Thanks alot AmiLion...
Peachtree

Allandra

ValleyGirl,

Your hair is about my length - and thickness - isn't it (maybe just a few inches difference)? I haven't been able to dry my hair with any dryer in 25 - 30 minutes. What type of dryer are you currently using? I have a Dazy Natural Wonder hard bonnet, and I have a Lady Dazy soft bonnet - both were purchased before 1989.

VALLEYGIRL

Hey Allandra,
I have a Gold n Hot 1600 Watt table top dryer. And a GE bonnet dryer that I got on Ebay. It takes FOREVER to dry with bith of these as well as others I have had in the past. And it doesn't dry evenly either. I think there is another thread going around about draping a towel over the bonnet to trap the air. I don't know if it is about the Gold n Hot or the Hot Tools one.
Anyway yes my hair is probably a few inches shorter than yours b/c it is a few inches away from being waist length. And probably the thickness is about the same since you don't relax bone straight. So I know I won't be able to dry in 25-30 minutes but I am willing to do an hour...an hour and a half...it's just when I've been under there for 2 hour plus and my hair still feels damp...I feel like I going to go nuts!!!!

How long does your hair take to dry when you use your bonnet dryers? I remember roller setting when I was relaxed and it didn't take this long at all. My hair was a lot shorter back then though.
Also what do you use to roller set with setting lotion or just a leave in?
thanks
Valleygirl

Allandra

ValleyGirl,

I usually sit under either of my dryers for 1 hour or 1.5 hours. However, I never take my rollers out immediately (usually it's the next morning when I take the rollers out). For me the time always passes by fast since I surf the net while my hair is drying (thanks to Sweetcocoa for the ironing board trick - I can sit very comfortably while drying my hair under my hard bonnet dryer).

A

AmilLion

lol you guys are too much. My hair is relaxed and I believe I'm a 4a or perhaps 4a/4b. My hair's 20" from my hairline to ends, but if you measured each section of my hair, it would measure approximately 11-12" in length. My hair, I would say it's average textured. Honestly, my hair would resemble that of Aaliyah's but shorter.

At the salon my hair usually dries in 45-50 minutes, with the bonnet dryers my hair dries within 2.5 to almost 3 hours because I had to constantly shift to ensure the back and sides would dry. Now with this dryer I purchased it takes my hair I would say 30 minutes.

adrienne0914

i love this website!! i know... i have issues. i wanna open a shop one day, and i always go there to see what's new. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

good to know about this dryer...

adrienne