Jazzing Colors= Breakage

karezone

I think that the Jazzing Color rinses are causing my hair breakage. Today I applied it while my hair was dry and let it process w/o heat for 15 min. Then I washed with Creme of Nature (white bottle, green label, yellow top). I conditioned with a mixture of Humectress, Keraphix, and Pantene Frizz Down. After I finished rinsing there were all those broken off pieces in the sink. Then when I started to detangle, it felt like my hair was literally melting in my hands. After it was dry however it stopped.

I only use the rinse every three weeks and then I don't use any heat. Has anyone else had breakage from using jazzing rinses?

adrienne0914

i've never known anyone to have breakage from Jazzing, but there's always a first for everything. have you always used that conditioner mix?

adrienne0914

supergirl, i thought the same thing. so i read up on how to use it on this one website. they said to put it on dry hair. go figure...

AFashionSlave

I use Jazzing all of the time. I have never had any breakage with the product. Maybe it is time to change your hair care routine up a little.

adrienne0914

supergirl, i've never colored my hair. so don't go by what i say. i honestly don't know the correct method. maybe there is no right or wrong on that aspect...

karezone, maybe you could do it next time after you wet your hair and see if you get different results...

Tracy

I always apply Jazzing to wet hair. I never even realized the directions say to apply to dry hair!

karezone

I have decided to stop using the Jazzing color. It is not worth the trouble. I might try using more of the Motions Conditioning Colors. I used one in Auburn Red a couple of months ago with good results. Maybe because the Jazzing isn't really conditioning and doesn't contain stuff to moisturize and soften.

Thanks for all of the great advise.

G

I have been using Jazzin for a while. I woudn't suggest putting it on dry hair. I would suggest shampooing the hair first, applying Jazzin, letting it sit for the suggested time under a plastic bag. Rinse thoughly. Condition. Rinse Thorougly. Moisturize and style as desired.

moneychaser

I actually shampoo my hair, apply jazzin, then slob some conditioner on top of the jazzin, and then I let it marinate for about 20 min.... My stylist told me to apply it this way....

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

[ QUOTE ]
Reginia said:
I have been using Jazzin for a while. I woudn't suggest putting it on dry hair. I would suggest shampooing the hair first, applying Jazzin, letting it sit for the suggested time under a plastic bag. Rinse thoughly. Condition. Rinse Thorougly. Moisturize and style as desired.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how my stylist used to do it...never had any problems with breakage.

renee_n_3000

Karezone, I'm sorry this happened to you. Your signature suggests that you are relaxed. If that's correct, you should only apply the jazzing to your hair while it is wet after you've washed it. Then after rinsing, shampoo lightly once and condition. This is what the directions say to do for relaxed hair. It says that it should only be applied to dry hair if it is natural.

If the bottle you bought did not have directions printed on it (sometimes they are taped to the bottom of the bottle and you have to pull it off and unfold it), I think you should complain to the store you bought it from because that's very dangerous.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the product wasn't authentic and that's why it didn't come with directions, in which case I would aslo complain.

I hope you don't experience any more breakage.

renee_n_3000

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
Maybe because the Jazzing isn't really conditioning and doesn't contain stuff to moisturize and soften.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used Jazzing for many years (about two or three times a year) and it really should give you all of those benefits. I'm so sorry you had this experience.

model_chick717

I've used Jazzing off and on for YEARS--and have never had any breakage from it. Actually, it has always made my hair feel softer....

G

Model Chick, I hadn't seen your album before. It's great. You have don't a great job on your weaves. They really look authentic. Keep up the good work.