Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

oneastrocurlie

I like the lady who cut my hair but she's too dang popular. Had to schedule to get color in September she was so booked. Sorry but I'm impatient. Found someone to do it next week.

Lilmama1011

I made a spray leave in with my banana conditioner, oil,and water and started to spray in sections, detangle, and remove shedded hair. I wished I didn't when I started but I had to continue because I did one section already. I felt overwhelmed and like my hair was too thick :kind of blushing: Since I always detangle in the shower after cowashing I forgot that all my new growth has to be wet in order to detangle smoothly. So I struggled the first section because I only sprayed on that section and didn't part and spray my new growth directly. But I did it on the rest of the sections and it went a lot more smoother. But I don't like trying to get my hair back in another direction (pulled to the back with ponytail ) because combing or brushing is a big no. So I had to do it with my fingers and still have some hairs over lappin: ohwell: but I took the scarf off and it looked so moisturized and smooth.

Lilmama1011

On another note , as I was pulling my hair into a ponytail SO said DAMN! AND I said "I know" my hair looked thick and "long " :)

naija24

is there any safe way to color your hair with permanent dye without damaging your hair? i really want light brown or even red hair but I feel like if I do i'll just lose all my progress or something.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Could it be high porosity? In that the moisture in her hair is escaping quickly as opposed to not soaking in. Dry, frizzy and rough remind me of my hair when it's not acting right. I consider my hair normal to highly porous.

Yeah maybe it is high porosity. I just know that it sucks up moisture like nobody's business. Even when I use the loc method her hair dries out in a few hours :(

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
Today my coworker said my hair is like black silk. That is the weirdest compliment but I'm thankful someone noticed I dyed it black.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I can do lots of different hairstyles now, but I'm way too tired for all of that. I could very well get a pretty flat twist out but I do not have an hour and a half to twist up this hair. My hair is Ear length, but it's thick as what. Even just wide-tooth combing it takes literally forever.

AgeinATL

I think I will try oil rinsing. A lot of ladies have been singing its praises lately.

Getting braids installed next weekend. I hope they turn out okay because they will stay in for 8-10 weeks.

kandiekj100

Finally going to do it. I'm going to do loc extensions tonight/tomorrow. I finally saw a tutorial today on youtube of a process I can get with. It should be much quicker and the end result was still beautiful natural looking locs.

naija24

it took almost two years, but my hair is finally back to pre-BC length when i shaved my hair off in January 2013. I'm pretty happy with this length although I'm still inching my way to CBL.

lookingforkeona

Put my hair in flat twists. I detangled yesterday and tried the raking method in an attempt to get rid of shed hairs that make my ends tangle. Then put in in 6 flat twists.

All the shed hairs freaked me out. How do you know if you're shedding too much?

My hair still looks like a twa with all the shrinkage but jeez louise this girl is high maintenance.

JaneBond007

A lot of times, products start with a higher price and then lower it some as people show allegiance to the product and in order to increase sales. Kinky Curly...this witch is crazy! LOL. 30 bucks for a tiny jar of KK...still going. You'd think she's lower her price or adjust something. But, nope. There are many dupes out there as well. Oh well. I might be looking for a new product or make it myself. Flax seed gel, agave, honey, oils and probably marshmellow root.

Last edited:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Put my hair in flat twists. I detangled yesterday and tried the raking method in an attempt to get rid of shed hairs that make my ends tangle. Then put in in 6 flat twists.

All the shed hairs freaked me out. How do you know if you're shedding too much?

My hair still looks like a twa with all the shrinkage but jeez louise this girl is high maintenance.

haha we bc'd the same time. I'd say if it enough to show your hair visibly thin, then it's too much shedding.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im going to buy some Purvana hair vitamins from amazon. Dh won a bunch of gift cards from work and I will gladly help him spend them. I'm glad he supports my hair habit :)

spellinto

My hair seems to like "cool-warm" air as opposed to just cold air. The cold air made my hair air dry stiff while the cool-warm air made my hair look silky and feel soft.

Last edited: