Thanks Tracy for the Pathenol Tip!! It works

Norma

I added 1000 mg of Pathenol ...The thickness of my hair has improved in just under 1 month... I gotten several compliments today about my texture.

I never had thick hair and everyone has told me you can't do anything about your thickness, it's heredity.. Well you make them out to be a liar /images/graemlins/grin.gif

FYI Pathenol isn't the only vit I take but I think it's the one that improved the thickness. I will follow up w/my vit list later

Tracy

Norma - that's amazing! I am so thrilled for you. I had the same sense of dismay when trying to figure out a cure for my thickness problem (the whole genetics explanation) - but B5 really did do the trick (in addition to silica! /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) and I felt the same as you - Take that! Genetics, schmemetics! I CAN increase my thickness. SO THERE! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

We have to thank our currently MIA vit guru on this one tho - I got this tip from Jade loooooong ago and was singing her praises in under a month. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad it worked for you girl! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Armyqt

Norma and Tracy, I know we've already been over this, but one more time for me please. Are u noticing the whole head of hair to be thicker or just the new growth. I mean if other people are noticing, that would lead me to believe it affects the whole hair strand. I know, I know, hypothetically it doesn't sound possible, but if it is, i would like to know. It must certainly be a remarkable change if u can notice results w/in a month. Congratulations and thanks in advance. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tracy

No prob Armyqt - be happy to clarify.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would say the new growth responds in earnest but because thickness can really be as much illusion as it is actual thickness. And I think that as the roots grow in thicker, the hiar begins to look measureably thicker overall becasue of all the body that is being created that roots by the hair growing in thcker there.

Her's an example in case I didn't make any sense /images/graemlins/tongue.gif :
You said your hair is on the fine side but dense. I would describe in this same manner. Fine but dense - many strands. Therefore our hair looks thicker than the actual diameter of each strand should allow for. But it has the same visual effect which is the point anyway.

So the answer is - I do beleive it's primarily that roots that are affected - but I believe you'll get the effect you are looking for because of the illusion that is created. And eventually all root hair becomes length - so eventually you get thicker hair in fact, while getting to enjoy the look of thicker hair in the meantime. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

Very well said!!! I understand completely and it makes much sense. Thanks Tracy. I'll be sure to let u know how I do once I start taking them. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

beana3

jumping on the panthenol wagon.... im going to purchase some Twinlab B5 capsules tomorrow.. they were on sale for $4.50 in duane reade... and i might pick up some vit e caps to make my scalp applications
i need to thicken my hair up a lot, its long but stringy in some areas... im hoping this will help.

Tracy

Good I'm glad it made sense to you Armyqt - cuz girl I read it again and I was like: "What?" LOL!

Beana - did you ever go to the derm regarding your scalp problems? Just wondering how you were doing with that...

Norma

Yep...Once again Tracy is right...The roots are growing in thicker..which gives the illusion of a full head of hair.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
*sigh* My hair grows as this as can be, it just won't seem to grow long!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ebony

Hey, Tracy, I'm a little confused. I know what pantothenic acid is and what it does. Is it also known as B5? Because i can't find a B5 vitamin anywhere? I also can't find any Pathenol/Panthenol vit's anywhere or any info about them? Any insight?

beana3

ebony.. twinlab makes a panthothetic (sp?)acid/ B5 complex i see it in duane reade often maybe you can purchase it there. if not, i know for sure twinlab makes it.

Tracy

Eb: For the purpose of vitamins Pantothenic Acid, Panthenol and B5 are all interchangeable terms. They all represent the same supplement. I buy Twinlab Pantothenic Acid 500mg capsules.

HTH

Ebony

oh, i see. i got confused because i think norma was thanking you for the panthenol 1000mg? so i wanted to try it, but then when the other terms started flying, i got confused. thanks.

Tracy

Yeah the 1000mg reference is because you should take two - one in the AM one in the PM. That's the dose Jade recommended to me. Panthenol is the same as B5 and I think pantothenic acid is just the supplement form of the nutrient.

Kind of like Vitamin E and Tocopherol Acetate? or Vitamin A and Beta Carotene? I ain't no chemist /images/graemlins/tongue.gif - but that was always my perception. /images/graemlins/grin.gif HTH

Tara

This is good to know, I just started my B-5 so I'm eager to see what happens with the thickness of my hair.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif