any fine hair ladies do crown&glory technique?

coolsista-paris

twists or braids with my réal hair dont work... i have fine hair and it is messed up in no time. fizz makes it tangle and break no matter what.

does anyone use the crown & glory technique even with fine hair?

maybe when i had extension braids in the past i wasnt moisturizing well. i remember not dc'ing at all at that time...maybe thats why i had no retention .

i need your advice ladies (by the way other feels like no one is on this challenge likr before)

winter is à good time to start isnt it?

ChocoKitty

I'm fine-haired and *kinda* on a personal crown and glory challenge for the cold months. :look: I attempted the C&G method many years ago with braid extensions... It didn't last 2 weeks. The braids were too much for my scalp and hair. It was a near disaster to say the least.

However, I recently decided to try it again with yarn braids. They worked out very well. My hair was able to retain moisture even when I didn't moisturize daily. I didn't lose any hair beside the hair that had obviously shed during the month. I used hardcore protein prior to my installation and can honestly say that my hair retained it's strength. I'm going to have them re-installed by the 1st week of January and wear them for a month and a half. Let my hair rest for 2-3 weeks than start over again. I'll do this until about May or June.

NaturalfienD

OP, I'm doing C&G and have been all year. I have type 4, fine strands … while doing C&G, I've used wigs, yarn braids, and twists extensions. Right now I have mini braids as my PS with no tangling or difficulty. So to give you a quick and dirty answer, yes do C&G with fine hair and experienced great results. I hope you find a way to make the technique work for you …

NaturalPath

No way..not for me.

My hair is fine and "silky" it will not stay in braids, unravels very quickly and turns frizzy. I've tried to self install yarn braids, maybe my technique is off but they kept "slipping" from the root.

Having fine hair put into braids = 1 big scalpy mess and I lost a lot of hair wearing kinky twists back in 2005. Since then I have never worn braids or any type of extensions

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Is C&G just wearing the hair braided to give it a rest?

If so, yes! I've been doing crochet braids for the last 6 weeks or so. I have ultra fine hair. It's very fragile, however, I dont have to make the cornrows too tight as they are well hidden. The scalpiness doesn't show either.

I like that it only takes 4hrs to install and like half an hour to remove. I have instant access to my scalp and am easily able to M/S daily. My hair has noticeable grown in this time. So much so people are commenting.

NefertariBlu

I have fine hair and I use I use extensions to protective style. I mainly use them in the winter. I like braids and crochet braids.

coolsista-paris

Thanks for all of these answers and techniques .

I did crochet braids once. It was cute but i cant do that where i work as it will be curl
I am waiting to get my moisture-protein balance.back like it was 2 months ago. Perfect with no breakage !
I think i should start my C&G challenge in january.
I was also waiting for my front edges to refill.

I will do this technque with individual braid extensions. Done ALONE . That way it wont be so tight and pulling.my eyes out!

I dont know how long i will keep them in. Will surely dépend on their condition.
I.might.continue my reggie of co washing (dc all night before ). .blow dry à bit. Then moisturize again and seal.

Gonna have to buy à long scarf to sleep with those braids....

Ill take them down maybe after 4-6 weeks.
Let hair breath (buns)for about 2-3 weeks.

Ill do this until summer. If in summer i see it works Well ill continue till i hit my goal !!

Yeah lets do it! Lol

Marand13

I have been doing my own modified version of the C&G for years. My hair is fine stranded but dense/thick. My hair thrives in protective styles as long as I take care and moisturize my hair and scalp while wearing them.

Also I can't really wear big braids/twists. They have to be on the small side or they pull my hair.

I have been wearing Crochet braids(pic in siggy) for the past 2 months and plan on putting in some box braids in 2 weeks. Braids have always been my go to protective style.

Last edited:

manter26

I have fine hair and I stopped using extensions because my ends stuck out of the braids and were damaged. The weight of the hair was a problem too. I did like yarn braids better than regular extensions but it takes a long time to get them out.

As many know, :giggle: I wear mini braids throughout the year and my hair is very healthy while in them.

coolsista-paris

I have fine hair and I stopped using extensions because my ends stuck out of the braids and were damaged. The weight of the hair was a problem too. I did like yarn braids better than regular extensions but it takes a long time to get them out.

As many know, :giggle: I wear mini braids throughout the year and my hair is very healthy while in them.

I wanted to braid my hairon but this os scaring me. I want to use extensions.

Evolving78

manter26
are those yarn braids in your siggy? can they be curled or come curly? i have fine hair and i can't take a lot of stress from braids.