Naturals: How often do you wash your hair?

AstroQueen77

Every two weeks, weekly, daily? What has been a good regimen for you? Do you alternate bt shampoo and cowashing?

naturalTAN

I shampoo wash about 2-3 times a month depending on what style I'm wearing. I never cowash and my regimen is in my profile.

yorkpatties

Shampoo once per week, I alternate between Jane Carter hydrating shampoo and kinky curly shampoo. I cowash pretty much daily with aussie moist.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I used to at least cowash weekly and shampoo wash at least every 2-4 weeks but now I'm slacking. To stretch my time in between washes I spritz with rosewater, remoisturize, reseal, and get another 4-5 days before deciding whether to wash or remoisturize

Umm Ebraheem

I wash with shampoo every 5-7 days and will wet my hair in between if I feel I need to. My scalp reacts very badly to infrequent washings.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
once a week. if the eczema is kickin up, i have to cowash at least twice before the next wash to keep the irritation down. rarely do i use shampoo. mostly acv or baking soda. will try teressentials next.

miss cosmic

i don't use shampoo. i use bicarb of soda about once a month and co-wash every 5-7 days. i use a homemade spritz to moisturize between washes.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
usually once a week. If my workouts have been particularly sweaty, then i may do a midweek cowash.
but...i'm usually just too lazy so i just do the "pat ya weave" and keep it trucking. :look: i have no time to fool around with my hair during the week-it takes forever to dry and i DON'T wash and go.

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
I wash with shampoo once per week (usually Friday/Saturday), and will usually DC (followed by co-wash) mid-week. I'll probably wash more frequently once it starts getting hot outside.

kinkycurlygurl

Right now I wash weekly with water followed by a very dilute ACV final rinse. I'm going to start stretching my washes to every two weeks so that I can have more sebum on my hair. It felt a little stripped after my last water wash.

justNikki

I wash every other week with CON Sulfate free poo. I cleanse with Shea Moisture Black Soap Purification Masque on the weeks I don't wash.

faithVA

It is slowly changing over time. Last year I was washing every week with shampoo. Then I switched to washing every week with mudwash. Then the end of last year I switched to washing every other week with mudwash and the alternating weeks rinsing with water and DCing. This month I am switching over to using mudwash 1x a month and cowashing the other weeks and I will be cowashing during the week as I can get to it.

But doing something washing/cowashing every week.

melisandre

I wash my hair at least once a week, maybe twice. It depends on: 1) the style I'm wearing and 2) the weather -- I like to wash my hair more often in the warmer months. I never use shampoo more than once a week, but no less than once a month... It varies.

discodumpling

I use shampoo as needed. Sometimes it's weekly sometimes my hair doesn't see shampoo for 6 weeks! It all depends on the type of styling products that i've been using. Natural products allow me to go longer in between washes.

I water only rinse DAILY. As long as i'm working out everyday I HAVE to rinse or cowash otherwise I feel like I have bugs crawling on my scalp.

As my hair gains health even frequent conditioning is no longer necessary. If i'm trying to fix a hair issue, dryness, breakage etc..i'm DCing every 3 days at least until the problem is fixed. Right now my hair is acting right so i'm DCing every 7-10 days.

natural_one

I use Ayurvedic powders and conditioner to wash my hair every week. I can't use shampoo anymore because it was tearing my scalp up!

Ronnieaj

Wash with poo bar, mud or ayurvedic mix 1x/week, followed by DC. Depending on hair style or weather, I may cowash mid-week.

naturalTAN, thanks for reminding me that I need to catch up on this season's Shameless :grin:.

naturalTAN

Wash with poo bar, mud or ayurvedic mix 1x/week, followed by DC. Depending on hair style or weather, I may cowash mid-week.

naturalTAN, thanks for reminding me that I need to catch up on this season's Shameless :grin:.

Ronnieaj

You're welcome. I thought my DVR was broken this past week because it didn't record the episode. I was seconds away from calling comcast with a 'tude before I remembered there wasn't a new one. Oh come to my Shameless thread in ET if you haven't already.