WEN Mango/Coconut Review

lamaria211

january noir said:
I have. It's fine. I'm lazy and not into mixing my own product, so I just buy the Replenishing Mist.

I also have the mist but he needs to make bigger bottles of it 4oz is so tiny:(

outspokenwallflower

Okay, so yesterday, I finally tried out the Mango Coconut...

First off, it smells delicious! I can see how there's significantly more Coconut in there, but it smells SO DAMN GOOD.

Second, as I was applying it to my hair.... My goodness. It was so rich and creamy and made my hair feel so silky. I was loving it and the smell was so intoxicating! I added a dollup of CD's Monoi mask to the ends and fell asleep :p

So, when I washed it out it, my hair got kinda tangly...I dont know if it's because I fell asleep with it on, or because I mixed it. Also, my hair felt a bit mushy, so MC definitely has high moisture properties. Next time I will just try using it alone and leaving it in for 20 mins TOPS. Aside from the last hitch, I'd say that Mango Coconut is a definite winner in my book.

Loving my WEN's... :love:

MACGlossChick

I've been lurking all through this thread... you guys (and a great deal) got to me. I ordered from the Guthy Renker site. I got the Pomegranate set (I was hoping for fig) for $29.95 and for two days only, they're giving a FREE bottle of the Mango Coconut! They didn't say what size it was, but it's FREE! You can choose from Sweet Almond Mint, Lavender, Pomegranate, or Mango Coconut (this is the seasonal set).

TracyNicole

Ugh. I just ordered this because of these reviews. I still have my staple sweet almond but you ladies just wouldn't quit...

BrownBetty

I used Sweet almond mint last week. I like it. My hair isn't in love with it as a leave in but the refresher is the business. I haven't tried the mask yet and my 613 is still in route. I am back on the work out grind so this will help me hair out tremendously!

Thanks ladies...

I am so mad that I missed the free mango deal I lost my credit card yesterday.

yodie

I live close to the Chaz Dean studio in L.A. I'm also looking to break the sulfate habit. Maybe I'll stop in. I'm currently braided and I use castor oil. Do you ladies think WEN Mango coconut will cut the oil?

fluffyforever

rd update: I used Fig again. My hair didn't swell up so much this time with volume after rinsing out. I applied my normal leave in and not more Wen because I'm using it up too fast. My hair is pretty darn soft (well, the softest it has been airdrying). I like the combo of Wen with my leave in. Best feeling hair I've had definitely. This combo is enough to make me repurchase Wen.

However, now my hair doesn't want to hold a style and I'm thinking about trying out gels for definition. My hair was too soft (than what I'm use to) to do a twistout.

Also its been three days since my 3rd was with Wen, and the moisture is starting to slip away and crunchy hair is setting back in.

trackstar

I'm about to start using heat again: blow drying and flat ironing every time I wash. I want to buy the 613, I'm just wary of using heat on hair that hasn't been cleansed squeaky clean. Should I be worried or just go ahead and buy? (I figure I already know the answer you ladies will give!)

ChocoKitty

I'm about to start using heat again: blow drying and flat ironing every time I wash. I want to buy the 613, I'm just wary of using heat on hair that hasn't been cleansed squeaky clean. Should I be worried or just go ahead and buy? (I figure I already know the answer you ladies will give!)

I have straightened after using Wen. I can say that my hair and scalp was absolutely clean. Actually--cleaner than when I've used shampoo in the past. Just be sure to use the recommended amount of pumps on the bottle for your length and your hair should be great. :yep:

Kindheart

I GOT MINE!! it smellsss divine ! I ma a bit scared to try it ..what if i get hooked ? Lol
FD
What is 613?

lamaria211

Kindheart said:
I GOT MINE!! it smellsss divine ! I ma a bit scared to try it ..what if i get hooked ? Lol
FD
What is 613?

Thats how I feel thats why I havent tried mine yet until ive used up some of my other cleansing conditioners.
613 is Wen on Steriods lol its a fairly new product I believe because its not in any of the brochoures. It only comes in 32oz sizes so far, smells like perfume and is supposed to be the mother of them all when it comes to moisture

BrownBetty

I like it. My hair felt great after cleansing and using some as a leave in. I air dry with a bit of vitamin E oil and my hair is shiny and soft.

I shall keep it...

I need a bottle of fig or mango coconut.

BGT

I washed today with it and roller set. My hair is so soft and full of body. I'm loving wen!

MACGlossChick

My package is waiting for me at home. As soon as I get there, I'll decide which one to use, and I'll go straight to the shower! I'll update later.

fluffyforever

OK yall. After my 4th wash last week with Fig, I will have to say I don't know what went wrong. I did the same thing I did my 3rd wash, but my hair was not soft at all. It was really dry all last week. I thought after my 3rd wash I had found my staple for life, but it doesn't appear that way anymore.

Right now I am doing my 5th wash with Fig. I can already tell this wash is not doing what it needs to do.

I still plan to use the entire bottle (1/2 of it remains). There are other reasons I am thinking I won't repurchase Fig besides the hit and miss wash days. For one, it doesn't have enough slip at all to detangle my hair (and yes I use more than enough pumps and add a splash of water). Also, it is very volumizing, and for my big fro, I need something that will take the bulk out, not add to it and produce frizz. *sigh* I still have to finish up my bottle of MC. After that's gone, the only thing I might ever purchase from Wen would be the 613. And if that doesn't work, I will have to move on to another line I've been dying to try.

Will post more updates.

Lavendar

Y'all got me too....converted former Wen hater...tried it....loved it.

Wen 613 & Mango-Coconut stan.:look: