Summer 2012 No Heat Challenge

CurlsBazillion

I've been wearing wash n gos but I'm ready to protect my hair again. I thought I wanted a full lace wig but with this heat down here I doubt I'll be able to handle that so I'm on a hunt for phony ponies and half wigs.

chelleypie810

Can I join???
External Regimen-I am going to DC on dry hair 2x a week and then cowash. Airdry and put into a bun.

Staple products: Lisa Rachel Cleansing condish, eden body works peppermint shampoo (when I feel I need to shampoo);GVP conditioning balm, ORS hairepair condish, SE megasilk olive treatment, SD vanilla silk, and using up my kerapro and SD mocha silk condish; aussie split end protector, miracle 7 leave in, miracle 7 buriti oil

Internal Regimen-drinking a lot of water and taking my hair skin and nail vits from cvs
Goals for the summer-2 more inches so that I will be APL

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I used a pass to do a 2-year length check at the end of May. I've been doing WNGs since then, and cowashing 2-3 times a week and water-rinsing on the days I don't cowash. Just did a henna treatment as well, cuz my blonde roots were showing.

chelleypie810

a few more.
another bun. this definitely can be done heat free as it looks quite textured.

This is what my daily style is :yep:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
chelleypie810, glad to have you join!
That bun is mad cute-i could see it rocked with a maxidress and some hoops.

i cowashed and did a braid and curl yesterday. mostly airdry, although i did get under the dryer for 5 minutes this morning. i may post pics if it comes out good.

ChocoKitty

Used a heat pass this weekend 'cause I wanted test out my new Wen613 :look:... It was totally worth it! :grin: However, I may have to drop out of the challenge 'cause my hair takes soo long to airdry these days and my hooded dryer is on the fritz. :sad:

I will revisit the thread in a week or 2 with my final decision... Maybe I just need to develop my patience with air drying.:lol:

EbonyCPrincess

I hadn't been coming into this thread because I actually thought we weren't starting until summer's official start - sorry OP! I just updated the first page with my starting pics, but also attached them here.

External Regimen: I will primarily be wearing u-part wigs, cornrowing my hair beneath, moisturizing daily with S-curl and using Bee Mine Growth Serum, co-washing as needed and clarifying and deep conditioning monthly.

Internal Regimen: I am on a weight loss journey as well so I will be eating a lot of fruits/veggies and drinking lots of water.

Goals for the summer: grow and retain 3". Yes that is a goal of 1" per month but if I exercise regularly and use the sulfur growth aid it should be doable!

Starting pic: Attached.

Attachments

• Flat%2520Iron%2520%25286-8-12%2529%2520010.JPG
    Flat%2520Iron%2520%25286-8-12%2529%2520010.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 11
  • Flat%2520Iron%2520%25286-8-12%2529%2520014.JPG
    Flat%2520Iron%2520%25286-8-12%2529%2520014.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 16

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
yea, we're not officially starting till the 20th, so use your heat as much as you like, lol.
but it just feels like summer to me, so i've been posting.
EbonyCPrincess, your hair looks really good.
ChocoKitty, i understand how you feel about complete airdrying. my hair takes forever to dry too! hooded dryers are actually fine for this challenge if you want to use them, it's direct heat we're avoiding. personally, i want to cut out my dependence on the hooded dryer so i'm trying out styles without it.

growbaby

3 passes? I think I can deal with that.. I want in :yep:

Goal is for my longest point to be at the 6 on my (homemade, don't judge lol) shirt by the end of the summer, I would be scraping BSL :)

Pic from 5/28/12

longest pieces of hair is at the 4 when pulled

image-651644818.jpg

xu93texas

I guess we do May 20 through September 1. Summer officially ends September 21, but uh....I don't think I can make it that long.:look:

Ladies, if you don't mind, I'd like us to just fill out a few things. This isn't a super structured challenge by any means, but I'd like us to share some info.
External Regimen-what you'll be doing to your hair. Wash schedule, staple styles, products, etc.
Internal Regimen-what you'll be doing for your overall health...that may just happen to benefit your hair. e.g. eating healthy, exercising daily, drinking lots of water, etc.
Goals for the summer-Length goal, styling goal, etc.
Starting pic if you want.
Thanks!

Rocky91,

Can you update the first page of this thread with the official start and ending dates? I'm seeing conflicting dates. Before it was 5/20/12 - 9/1/12. Since it's being changed to 6/20/12, what is the official ending date now? Summer officially ends 9/21/12. I'm glad the date was pushed back so I can start over with my heat passes. :lol::lol:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
oh snap! xu93texas :rofl:
see i knew i'd mess this up-I'm a horrible challenge facilitator lol.
Ok I will update the first post with this:
OFFICIAL DATES FOR THIS CHALLENGE: 6/20/2012-9/21/2012

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i flatironed and got a trim today.
she had to take off a whole inch. oh wells.
i plan to just keep it extra, extra simple. cowash bun. repeat. maybe do braidouts on weekends.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^^i always dislike twists on me. i think it's cause my hair is fine and low density, and they just look mad scalpy to me.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
growbaby, cute twistout!
i did a braidout last night with no products just to see how it would look. it wasn't as scary as i thought, just a tad dry.
i will cowash tonight and add just a lil conditioner to leave it in, see how that feels.

Philippians413

The flat iron and blow dryer have been put away (although I might take the blow dryer back out later since it has a cool and cold setting).

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
The challenge officially started yesterday!
hopefully we'll see a bit more action in this thread now lol.
i'm doing braidouts after cowashing and they've been turning out great!

Angelinhell

Almost two weeks in my twists. I can used to protective styling, you can really see your new growth "in action", if you know what I mean lol

Philippians413

So today I did the Wen (heard this term on QVC and have been using it ever since lol) and followed it with Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream. My hair felt amazing! :love:

While my hair was still wet, (not soaking just moist) I used Vatika Frosting:lick: to seal in the moisture and added B.A.S.K Silk & Honey Latté Detangling Hair Milk on top- then added a little Silk Dreams Nourish Oil (the smell of this + the vatika frosting is like a heavenly dessert). :lick: I then used Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter :love: to braid my hair in about 12-15 plaits. I plan to leave my hair like this for as long as I can stand it (I have a bad case of hand in hair syndrome) and then do a braidout.

jprayze

I'm a day late but I would like to join. I'm currently wearing a LF wig for the next wk or so.

Angelinhell

I'll be taking my twists down this weekend, and reinstalling. I made a recent discovery that my scalp really doesn't like anything on it. I tried some braid spray, and woke up with a white scalp:(

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^^that is cute! thanks for joining!
i would love to wear a wig as a quick protective style but i always look dumb when i try them on lol.

jprayze

Rocky91 said:
^^that is cute! thanks for joining!
i would love to wear a wig as a quick protective style but i always look dumb when i try them on lol.

Rocky91 keep trying...u will find one that works for u!