How often can you Henna?

mdcitygurl

I used Henna for the first time 2 days ago. Instantly thickened my hair but also noticeably lightened in the back. Only left it on for 2 hours. The highlights are chunky and uneven. Should I wait a few weeks or can I do another Henna on the weekend?

Also, should you clarify on your first wash, after Henna?

I will try and upload pics...I'm a newbie here so sorry.

I thought since the texture of the Henna is like a pudding it would not be messy...boy was I wrong. No staining, but left grit everywhere.

ChocoKitty

Hello! If you are using Body Art Quality (BAQ) you could actually henna as often as you like. However, in my experience BAQ does not lighten hair. It just deposits colors and enhances highlights you may already have.

Also, if you are natural and have a 3b/c or lower texture you may notice a loosening of curls if you use it too often. When I first became aquainted with henna I applied it once a week for 3 weeks straight. (I like the conditioning and wanted to see if the color would deepen.) After the 3rd treatment my curls look like wet ramen noodles. However, my pattern returned to normal when I limited myself to a treatment a month and conditioning.