• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

Muse

Man I wish my appetite decreased on this. I almost feel like it increased! To be fair i am on a medium sized dose of prednisone(steroid) and that can make a person ravenous for the wrong foods. The chlorella does have that drug to compete with in my body so I hope when I get to my higher dose of 15g (on 6g now) then I should definitely feel that effect.

Mis007

Ok apart from the loss of appetite I have yet to experience the detox, I am 3 days in is this to early oh and I am on 8gms. Oh and no bowel movements as yet is this ok :blush:.

Muse

Here's a link that contains a PDF about more info on chlorella and spirulina. It has a more detailed table displaying how much vitamins, minerals,etc. are in each. They use Sun and Earthrise products as examples but it will give you some idea of what's in yours and how much. I still don't think this list is complete but it contains more than what the manufacturers print on the package.

http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/107628001300303691

Mis007

Here's a link that contains a PDF about more info on chlorella and spirulina. It has a more detailed table displaying how much vitamins, minerals,etc. are in each. They use Sun and Earthrise products as examples but it will give you some idea of what's in yours and how much. I still don't think this list is complete but it contains more than what the manufacturers print on the package.

http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/107628001300303691

Thanks Muse.

spinspinshuga

are you takeing it for more than hair growth? 9 grams is a lot lol

No, just hair growth....although since it's controlling my appetite I wouldn't mind dropping a couple of pounds (or five...or ten...or thirty :lachen:).
I'm just taking the 9gs because that was the recommended maximum dosage on the bottle. It doesn't seem to be bothering me yet... :crosses fingers:

yodie

I'm taking my chlorella in one big dose. Not too sure if that's good or bad.

I'm pretty regular now. Chlorella and my aloe have me going twice in the morning. I'm going to back off my aloe and see what happens. I'll probably also take doses throughout the day.

I pop up quick in the mornings. No need for an alarm clock. Wow!!

IndianAngel22

Hmmmm.... I decided to put the date I started my chlorella in my siggy so I never forget how long I've been on it :) Just a suggestion for everyone else too....It's a movement! So anywayz I guess I've been on this stuff for 10 days now. I'm a full rounded scoop which should be about 4 grams sense a level one is 3. I think I'm going to up myself to 6 grams today. My BM's are regular and green. I don't think I'm going to go much further than 6 or 9 grams. 9 maybe at the most but no more. I guess I'm going to keep it at once a day around 7 o clock or later.

And my cravings still haven't gone anywhere. I still want pizza, break, candy, sweets, everything lol! I don't think any amount of chlorella will stop my cravings and I like it that way. :)

kandake

Ok apart from the loss of appetite I have yet to experience the detox, I am 3 days in is this to early oh and I am on 8gms. Oh and no bowel movements as yet is this ok :blush:.

Thats not a good thing. You definitely should have an elimination especially since the chlorella is removing toxins from your body. No elimination means that its just sitting there.

Maybe you should decrease your dose to see if you can get a BM and then increase as your body gets used to it.

This is what I'm doing now. Chlorella didn't regulate my bowels it made me constipated. I used the smooth move laxative tea and then I decreased my dose to less than 2 grams until my body adjusts.

Last edited:

soonergirl

Mis007:
Reduce your dose asap, and try to take some magnesium citrate or aloe pills or your choice to help you along... are you drinking enough water?? Water is the key (shout out atlantajj)...This happened to me, I went 4 days, I took some natural calm (magnesium) you get it at health food stores.. You take it before bed and in the morning you have a bm... Im telling you after 4 days it wasnt pleasant in my home on that day... you may need to slow down until your body can eliminate the waste...

Last edited:

Muse

I just emailed Source Naturals and asked if they could give me a more extensive list of the vitamins and minerals in their chlorella (sorta like the one I found for Sun chlorella). I am specifically interested in how much vitamin D it has because I will be switching to SN powder soon because my Sun tabs are almost gone. Sun chlorella has more than 1,400 IU of vitamin d3 alone per 3g! My doc wanted me to take 2,000-2,500 IU in a supplement. Well I am on 6g Sun tabs right now so I'd say I've fulfilling that amount and then some!!:grin:

Can't wait to show her that list. I also found how much Earthrise spirulina has and I'm taking that too so there will be no vit D deficiency here.

Mis007

Mis007:
Reduce your dose asap, and try to take some magnesium citrate or aloe pills or your choice to help you along... are you drinking enough water?? Water is the key (shout out atlantajj)...This happened to me, I went 4 days, I took some natural calm (magnesium) you get it at health food stores.. You take it before bed and in the morning you have a bm... Im telling you after 4 days it wasnt pleasant in my home on that day... you may need to slow down until your body can eliminate the waste...

Hey soonergirl,
Thanks for your advice, to be brutally honest I am not consuming as much water as I should be. I will reduce the Chlorella and acquire some extra help and hopefully things should move... :yep:

soonergirl

Hey soonergirl,
Thanks for your advice, to be brutally honest I am not consuming as much water as I should be. I will reduce the Chlorella and acquire some extra help and hopefully things should move... :yep:

Girl no worries, atlantjj read me the riot act, because I know I wasnt taking in enough water!! Join the club, we just have to make ourselves drink...I am trying to finish a 52 ouncer now and its taking forever!!! Atlantajj just had me scared because she pointed out that all of the toxins that the chlorella is removing are just sitting in your bowels and those toxins could seep back into your system if they sit there too long.. Get something for your constipation quickly.. Keep us posted, you know we like hearing about bm's around here!!

Mis007

Girl no worries, atlantjj read me the riot act, because I know I wasnt taking in enough water!! Join the club, we just have to make ourselves drink...I am trying to finish a 52 ouncer now and its taking forever!!! Atlantajj just had me scared because she pointed out that all of the toxins that the chlorella is removing are just sitting in your bowels and those toxins could seep back into your system if they sit there too long.. Get something for your constipation quickly.. Keep us posted, you know we like hearing about bm's around here!!

:lachen::lachen: I sure well hun.

ladytee2

I have had a really bad headache. And I normally take 1 tbsp of flax seed a day. Last week I up it to 2 tbsp and I took magnesium this morning. Magnesium always works like a charm. I have notice a decrease in appetite but that hasnt stopped me from emotional eating or just wanting chocolate just to have chocolate.

J-Moe

OK Ladies< I just got my Chlorella in the mail and I'm hype. I'm about to go take it right now in some Green Machine!!!! I'm going to take a tablespoon, I hope that's not to much, I have the Source Naturals in powder of course. Ladies, please feel free to chime in this thread has gotten to long I almost forget when to up my dosage after the detox or during? Well off I go.......

soonergirl

OK Ladies< I just got my Chlorella in the mail and I'm hype. I'm about to go take it right now in some Green Machine!!!! I'm going to take a tablespoon, I hope that's not to much, I have the Source Naturals in powder of course. Ladies, please feel free to chime in this thread has gotten to long I almost forget when to up my dosage after the detox or during? Well off I go.......

Great!! I can only take the poweder with the green machine..

CurlyMoo

J[I said:
Ok apart from the loss of appetite I have yet to experience the detox, I am 3 days in is this to early oh and I am on 8gms. Oh and no bowel movements as yet is this ok :blush:.[/I]

OK Ladies< I just got my Chlorella in the mail and I'm hype. I'm about to go take it right now in some Green Machine!!!! I'm going to take a tablespoon, I hope that's not to much, I have the Source Naturals in powder of course. Ladies, please feel free to chime in this thread has gotten to long I almost forget when to up my dosage after the detox or during? Well off I go

I have the SN brand too. I started with 2 - 1/2 teaspoons yesterday just to get my body used to having this food in it. No BM and was feeling a little "backed up." This morning I took a full teaspoon in my juices and ate a apple/pear salad. Walked around the apartment, drank a couple glasses of water, fed the cat, and went right to the bathroom & had a green BM. I will be taking another teaspoon tonight just before dinner. Apple/Pear (Bosc) salad is really good for giving smooth BM's when you are backed up.

song_of_serenity

So I'm on the proper dosage (15 pills of the sun which equals 3 grams) and I feel good! :) Nails are almost over the tips (when I bite them, I BITE them! :eek:) and I also add to the decreased appetite!! Oh goodness, pasta is my fave when mum makes it...She gave me a big plate full. I ate only half (if that) and I am full!!

BMs are increasing thankfully. :D I feel good! By this time, I'd be worn out after a long day of working, but I might go shower and do some stretching. :D No side effects to date, but I really have to increase my water!
~*Janelle~*

I'm happy to report that chlorella and spirulina is growning in my eyebrows! I thought I would never see them again, but thanks to this thread they're back! I'm so happy I found this thread =)

luckiestdestiny

Hey ladies! How goes it?

Reporting in. I'm a little over 9, probably 10 or eleven as I did three full scoops and then almost half of another.

I'm doing well. Today I noticed a small rash. Oh well! I don't mind detoxing. With just something so tiny, about the size of a dime, I'm pushing full steam ahead. I plan on getting to possibly 12 and then reducing later back to 6 after at least 6 months. I know that you need to stay for a while to get the benefits you want, and I'm patient.

Here's to great health, and great hair!:grin:

RedVelvet310

Hey ladies! How goes it?

Reporting in. I'm a little over 9, probably 10 or eleven as I did three full scoops and then almost half of another.

I'm doing well. Today I noticed a small rash. Oh well! I don't mind detoxing. With just something so tiny, about the size of a dime, I'm pushing full steam ahead. I plan on getting to possibly 12 and then reducing later back to 6 after at least 6 months. I know that you need to stay for a while to get the benefits you want, and I'm patient.

Here's to great health, and great hair!:grin:

I've been taking it twice a day for a little more than a week. I didn't notice any growth because my hair was in braids. I washed and DC'd for the first time yesterday... and my hair is definately growing. Its back in braids again and I can easily feel the braids on my back when I look forward :grin: (this is my marker to know if my hair is growing). I'm thinking up upping the intake to 3x a day (breakfast lunch and dinner).. but I'm not home everyday to do that so I wouldn't be able to be consistent. I truly believe with this stuff I'm DEFINATELY gonna be APL by Summer 2009 !!

msdevo

I have taking the chlorella for 2 weeks now and I have lost 6 pounds. This is not something that I was expecting. But I am not mad about it.

Today I took it with the Naked juice Red machine...NEVER AGAIN!!!! It was horrible. I could not even stand the smell of them both mixed together. Alone the red machine is ok, but mixed NOT!!

I am sticking with the Green machine.

yodie

Those are all great results ladies. Congrats!

I took 2 tablespoons (one was a little less than a level tablespoon) of the powder this morning.

3 bm's today. I'm skipping aloe tonight. I want to see the effects of the chlorella.

Can't really tell anything w/my hair. I'm wearing a wig now and I think its too soon.

Love how the dark spots/shades on my face are evening up.

Haven't noticed anything w/my nails either. That's ok. I'm focusing on health benefits.

So, it seems like I might need more chlorella to keep me regular. Could be wrong though. I plan on staying steady at 9g's and drop down after.

ttlayli

Im up to 4 pills now, which equals 2 grams of the Earthrise brand. :grin: I know I'm way behind you ladies, but I have to start slow...I have the eating habits of a typical college student and I have Crohns Disease as well. This is actually why I started in this challenge. Maybe Chlorella can help with my Crohns?? I hope so! :yep:

I don't feel any different. I have 2 medium sized zits on my chin :ohwell:

Not sure if it's because of detox or just normal. I've had my acne in control for about 2 months now, so I don't know,

I also just ordered Source Naturals Powered Chlorella. I signed up for the 6 month subscription on Amazon as well.

And to whoever talked suggested the Very Green drink from Trader Joe's, THANK YOU!!!! :spinning:

It is sooooo good!! I don't have the powered chlorella yet, but it's just so good and I can always sub my daily smoothie, for that instead!!!

Oh! I forgot to add that I still take other supplements and vitamins as well. At this point I'm just using them up and then I wont replace them. I'm only interested in taking Chlorella now at this point.

Last edited:

Encore

I havent gone poo since I started taking this....

I feel fine tho.

:( Do i need to drink more water, i thought i was before but i dont think so noww

mariofmagdal

Im up to 4 pills now, which equals 2 grams of the Earthrise brand. :grin: I know I'm way behind you ladies, but I have to start slow...I have the eating habits of a typical college student and I have Crohns Disease as well. This is actually why I started in this challenge. Maybe Chlorella can help with my Crohns?? I hope so! :yep:

I don't feel any different. I have 2 medium sized zits on my chin :ohwell:

Not sure if it's because of detox or just normal. I've had my acne in control for about 2 months now, so I don't know,

I also just ordered Source Naturals Powered Chlorella. I signed up for the 6 month subscription on Amazon as well.

And to whoever talked suggested the Very Green drink from Trader Joe's, THANK YOU!!!! :spinning:

It is sooooo good!! I don't have the powered chlorella yet, but it's just so good and I can always sub my daily smoothie, for that instead!!!

Oh! I forgot to add that I still take other supplements and vitamins as well. At this point I'm just using them up and then I wont replace them. I'm only interested in taking Chlorella now at this point.

I have read that Chlorella along with Spirulina aid crohns disease. You are on tract. May you have great success!