Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 31, 2009

Devotional:
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3 (KJV)
"Fast away the old year passes ..." But we can be new and fresh and clean (cf. 2 Cor. 4:17). Kingdom people are those who have been born fresh and new through the power of the Spirit and the grace of God (cf. John 3:3-7; Titus 3:3-7; John 1:11). So as we close out the old year, with its good things and bad, achievements and failures, successes and disappointments, let's approach the New Year as Kingdom people. God's mercies are new every morning and our lives can be made new every day by the Holy Spirit who lives in us. Yes, we have been born again. But each sunrise offers us the opportunity to be made new, to live in a fresh new way, as God's grace rekindles our hopes and the Holy Spirit makes us new as we trust in Jesus our Lord.

PRAYER:
Heavenly Father, you are holy and righteous. I confess that as hard as I have tried and as much as I have wanted to be holy and righteous, without your grace and the empowering presence of the Holy Spirit, I fail. Thank you for your forgiveness. Please make me new. As I stand on the threshold of a new year, please empower me beyond my weaknesses and besetting sins. Open my eyes to your work in the world around me and use me in your work of grace. Fire my passion to live fully for your Kingdom and my King, Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. Romans 4:8 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 1, 2010

Devotional:
Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV)
We all like "do-overs" or second chances. God does much better than that! He allows us to become new again. Being the "God of new things" he can even make us new. Beyond forgiveness, beyond cleansing, he makes us holy through Jesus. Let's use the opportunity of a New Year as a springboard for living a life fresh and new and alive for God!

PRAYER:
O LORD, thank you for a New Year and a fresh start. Please give me wisdom and strength to serve you with integrity and faithfulness in this coming year. I pray that your work be done in my life as I offer myself, my plans, and my future to you. I pray this through Jesus my intercessor and Lord. Amen.

Wisdom:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. John 1:1-2 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 2, 2010

Devotional:
O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for [there is] no want to them that fear him. Psalm 34:9 (KJV)
"Fear of the LORD" is one of the great themes of the Old Testament. The phrase is particularly hard to translate, especially in light of the repeated message of the Bible to "fear not" and John's reminder that "perfect love casts out all fear." It means more than "hold God in reverence." Generally, "fear of the LORD"
means that we remember our place in the order of things. We know we are deeply loved by our holy Father in heaven. We recognize that we are weak and sinful in comparison and are saved by God's mercy and grace. We acknowledge that his majesty and holiness are far beyond us and that we pale in significance before God. We come to God acknowledging our need for him and our unworthiness to demand anything from him. The incredible reality is that when we approach God with this sense of awe and profound respect, he in turn welcomes us with open arms and brings us close. (See Isaiah 57:15)

PRAYER:
Holy and Righteous Father, God Almighty, thank you for your mercy, grace, and forgiveness. Thank you for your love, faithfulness, and justice. I come to you on my knees, recognizing that you are holy, majestic, awesome in power, and righteous in all that you do. Without your grace and the gift of your Spirit, I know I could not come into your presence with such boldness. Righteous Father, forgive me for my sins and empower me to be a person of integrity and grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
[It is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118:8 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 4, 2010

Devotional:
The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good [thing]. Psalm 34:10 (KJV)
While even the fiercest hunters cannot ensure their security and nourishment, those whose hunger is for God will find themselves nourished, blessed, and sustained.

PRAYER:
Thank you, Father, for the promise that you will never leave me or forsake me even though friends and partners may betray and forsake me. I confess that it is sometimes hard to fully comprehend, much less believe, that you are always faithful. Confusing and hurtful times come and I waver in my confidence in your grace. Please forgive me and renew my hope. I do believe, dear Father, that you love me like no one else can. I do believe, Almighty God, that you care about my wounds and worries. I recommit my heart this day to trust in your daily care, provision, and grace for me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Colossians 3:16 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 5, 2010

Devotional:
Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD. Psalm 34:11 (KJV)
Is there any greater definition of what a parent's role is than this? Let's make sure that in the swirling demands and involvements of our lives we do not forget the MAIN thing that God has given us as parents, teachers, and friends to do in the lives of children.

PRAYER:
O Master, LORD God, my Savior and Sustainer, please keep my heart set on your priorities with the children in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed [is] the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit [there is] no guile. Psalm 32:2 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 6, 2010

Devotional:
What man [is he that] desireth life, [and] loveth [many] days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
Psalm 34:12-13 (KJV)
God reminds us that our words and the way we use our speech greatly impact the quality of life we enjoy. Nothing cuts short a vibrant life like evil speech and lies we tell. They set loose a force of deception and damage that we cannot control. This unleashed power not only damages those about whom and to whom we speak, but they eventually boomerang and come back and bring their deadly payload back into our own lives. Let's be people who speak what is right, good, wholesome, holy, true, and a blessing. (cf. Ephesians 4:20-5:12)

PRAYER:
Holy and Righteous God my Father, purify my heart and cleanse my words of all deceit, slander, vulgarity, wickedness, untruth, exaggeration, mean-spiritedness, distortion, guile, and words that wound. May the words of my mouth and the intentions of my heart be pleasing to you, O God. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil. Matthew 5:37 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 7, 2010

Devotional:
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. Psalm 34:14 (KJV)
It is not enough to turn from evil. We can clean the putrid things out of our life, but if we do not actively pursue what is good then a worse evil will rush into the void. (cf. Mat. 12:43-45) Let's be a people eager to do good and with a passion to "wage peace."

PRAYER:
O Father, let me be an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, use me to share your love and grace. Where there is injury, sin, and brokenness, use me to bring healing, forgiveness, and comfort. Please, Abba Father, use me to do your good work in my world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed [are] they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 8, 2010

Devotional:
The eyes of the LORD [are] upon the righteous, and his ears [are open] unto their cry. Psalm 34:15 (KJV)
We are righteous because of God's grace. We are remembered because of God's faithfulness. We are heard because of God's faithfulness. We are blessed because God is God.

PRAYER:
Thank you, Father, for seeing my needs, hearing my cries, answering my prayers, and coming down to save, comfort, and bless. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, Ephesians 4:1 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 9, 2010

Devotional:
The face of the LORD [is] against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. Psalm 34:16 (KJV)
God hates violence and demands that we not admire those who are violent or share in their violent lifestyle. (Prov. 3:31) God abhors those who do evil. God not only opposes them when they are alive, he also mitigates their influence after they are gone. He helps them be seen for what they really are. Far from being viewed as heroes, their legacy of hate and wickedness is spurned, shunned, scandalized, and forgotten.

PRAYER:
In our own time of terror and wickedness, O LORD, please make worthless the threats of the wicked and make their memory a foul stench in the nostrils of those they are trying to deceive and co-opt to do their evil will. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:27 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 11, 2010

Devotional:
[The righteous] cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. Psalm 34:17 (KJV)
Deliverance! A great theme of the Bible is that God is a God of deliverance who keeps his promises and faithfully shares his grace, mercy, and justice. Let this promise stir you to righteous living and to cry out to God in all your troubles. One way to do this is to read through the Psalms regularly, letting these inspired words from so long ago offer a rich topography of prayer from which you can call to God. Whether you use the Psalms or not, however, cry out to God with the praises, questions, and wounds that life brings. Let his presence be real to you and your heart open to him.

PRAYER:
Father, our world needs your deliverance. In your majesty and power, please destroy the plans of the wicked. In your mercy and grace, please raise up your people who find themselves facing hardship and trouble. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Better [is] a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith. Proverbs 15:17 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 12, 2010

Devotional:
The LORD [is] nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Psalm 34:18 (KJV)
The LORD is ... ... near! ... present! ... close! How do I know? He came close in the manger. He walked among us in ministry. He suffered with us and for us at Calvary. We know that in tragedy, trial, heartbreak, and brokenness he is near to us to save us. So, will our hearts be open to him and will we be seeking him to come near? Don't let troubles or heartache lead you to pull away from God or doubt his nearness. Let him draw close to you.

PRAYER:
O LORD, please be near me today. Make your presence known in my life. Father, I also ask that you bless those I know who are struggling with their faith, and with broken and disappointed hearts. Please be active in their lives and make your presence known in their lives. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; [and] them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body. Hebrews 13:3 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 13, 2010

Devotional:
Many [are] the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. Psalm 34:19-20 (KJV)
We know that the righteous can have troubles, but how do we understand that God delivers us from them all? How do we understand that he protects all our bones, especially in light of recent tragedies and the persecution of believers in many places in the world? Paul demonstrates the answer: whatever happens to him will turn out for his deliverance -- whether it is through his death to be with God or whether it is through his release from prison to continue ministry (Phil. 1:19-23). Our deliverance is secure. We are conquerors in Christ. Nothing Satan can do to us can steal us away from God's love, not even death (Romans 8:32-39).

PRAYER:
Father, please give me the faith I need to believe that whatever happens in my life will not steal me away from your love and deliverance for me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed [is] the nation whose God [is] the LORD; [and] the people [whom] he hath chosen for his own inheritance. Psalm 33:12 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 14, 2010

Devotional:
Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate. Psalm 34:21 (KJV)
God has promised a closing time, a reckoning where human power and influence cannot buy out the truth and where each person will have to face up to what he or she has done. Evil will overtake those who have been partners with evil. Those that hate good people, righteous people, will be condemned in their own hate. God's righteousness, truth, and justice will not be short-circuited!

PRAYER:
Father, thank you for making me clean and whole by the purifying work of your Holy Spirit. Teach me to be righteous. Help me develop a revulsion for what is sinful and evil. Use me to help someone caught in the evil one's work to find deliverance. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. [Seeing] then [that] all these things shall be dissolved, what manner [of persons] ought ye to be in [all] holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 2 Peter 3:10-12 (KJV)

varaneka

I like this song

Sidewalk Prophets - The Words I Would Say

Three in the morning,
And I'm still awake,
So I picked up a pen and a page,
And I started writing,
Just what I'd say,
If we were face to face,
I'd tell you just what you mean to me,
I'd tell you these simple truths,

Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,

Last time we spoke,
You said you were hurting,
And I felt your pain in my heart,
I want to tell you,
That I keep on praying,
Love will find you where you are,
I know cause I've already been there,
So please hear these simple truths,

Never give up hope,
I already know,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,

From one simple life to another,
I will say,
Come find peace in the Father,

Never give up hope,
I already know,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
Take your time and pray,
Thank God for each day,
His love will find a way,
These are the words I would say

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 15, 2010

Devotional:
The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate. Psalm 34:22 (KJV)
God not only buys us out of our bondage and debt to sin, but he also assures us that he will provide refuge for those who trust in him. Our future is tied to him and not to our ability to provide and protect what we need.

PRAYER:
O LORD, God of heaven and earth, I place my life and my future in your hands. Please use me to bless others as I do your will. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken. Amos 5:14 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 16, 2010

Devotional:
Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (KJV)
We are comforted because we are heartbroken. We are comforted because we need a blessing. We are comforted because God loves us. We are comforted to comfort others. While each of the above statements is true, the last is the most crucial one. There is something about comfort that cannot be fully realized until it is shared with someone else. It is that final step in the healing process of grief, disappointment, hurt, and loss. Until we share the comfort we have received, until we pass it on to another, our comfort is weak and shallow and limited. Comfort, pass it on!

PRAYER:
O LORD, God of heaven and earth, Creator of the universe, thank you for knowing my heart, caring about my concerns, and comforting me when I am wounded. Help me to share your grace, mercy, and comfort with someone else today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
For [it is] better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. 1 Peter 3:17 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 18, 2010

Devotional:
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
When we became Christians, Jesus gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38; Titus 3:3-7). The Spirit lives in us, making our bodies a Temple (1 Cor. 6:19-20) and blessing us in many ways (Romans 8). We can be courageous people even in the face of attack, criticism, and ridicule because of the Spirit's presence. The fruit that the Spirit produces (Gal. 5:22-23) and the love that the Spirit pours into our heart (Rom. 5:5) do not make us weak. Instead, the Spirit's presence is a powerful force to help us overcome sin (Rom. 8:13) and live self-disciplined lives.

PRAYER:
Father, thank you for the Spirit's constant presence in my life. Please empower me with even greater courage and strength as I face the daily challenges in my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way. Proverbs 23:19 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 19, 2010

Devotional:
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1:8 (KJV)
God has a plan to reach the world with his grace. We start where we are and reach out to those around us. We then share the story of Jesus with those in our region. Then we reach out and take the gospel all over the world. As we offer ourselves to be used, we also trust that the Holy Spirit's power and presence will go with us.

PRAYER:
Father, use me to reach those around me with your grace. Bless our congregation as we share Jesus with those in our city. Father, I also ask that you bless our outreach efforts worldwide. Please use us to fulfill your plan to reach all nations with the message of Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:23-24 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 20, 2010

Devotional:
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, Ephesians 1:4-5 (KJV)
God wants us as his holy children. That was his plan for us even before the world began. God paid the huge price, the sacrifice of his Son Jesus, for our adoption into his family. God's motive in doing this? His desire and delight in loving us.

PRAYER:
Loving Father and Holy God, my words cannot adequately express my thanks for your love and grace. I am honored to be one of your adopted children and want to bring you joy in the way I live. Forgive me for the times I have disappointed you by not living up to what you desire of me. I want my life to be a holy thanksgiving to you for your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 21, 2010

Devotional:
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16 (KJV)
Even though we are God's holy children, we also need to be aware of what time it is in our world. The evil one still exercises his control over the hearts of many people. God wants us to "redeem the time," making the most of every opportunity we have to touch the lives of others with his grace and to resist the temptation and overcome the opposition of the evil one.

PRAYER:
Give me wisdom, O LORD, to discern the best way to use my time and my influence. Open my eyes to see the temptation the evil one puts in my path. Give me courage to boldly stand for you and sensitivity to know the best way to bless others according to their needs. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
O taste and see that the LORD [is] good: blessed [is] the man [that] trusteth in him. Psalm 34:8 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 22, 2010

Devotional:
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Ephesians 6:10 (KJV)
Some of our strength to fight evil comes from our experiences in the past, from the encouragement of others, and from our knowledge of the truth in the Scriptures. Ultimately, however, our strength comes from God's mighty power. Paul uses his letter to the Ephesians to remind Christians that this power is what raised Jesus from the dead (1:19-20). Through that power in us, God can do much more than we can ask or imagine (3:20-21). Most important of all, as we put on our spiritual armor and dedicate ourselves to spiritual discipline, God blesses us with his power and might. We can be strong in God's mighty power.

PRAYER:
O LORD God Almighty, my Abba Father and loving Shepherd, strengthen me with your might and grace so that I can withstand the attacks and temptations of the evil one. In Jesus' name I ask it. Amen.

Wisdom:
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof. Matthew 6:34 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 23, 2010

Devotional:
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:11 (KJV)
So often we are focused only on the things that we like, that we are good at doing, or that we are interested in accomplishing. God wants us to use every piece of his spiritual armor. He wants us to be disciplined and grow in the areas of our spiritual weakness and the areas we don't necessarily find exciting or interesting. Our evil opponent is crafty and will try to attack us in the areas of our weakness and vulnerability. So let's not just commit to be diligent in the areas of our interest and strength, but also in those areas where we are not.

PRAYER:
Father, strengthen me in the areas where I am most vulnerable to sins or lethargy. Open my eyes to help me see my areas of weakness.
Rekindle my heart to passionately seek after your holiness. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. Proverbs 29:25 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 25, 2010

Devotional:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. Ephesians 6:12 (KJV)
The battle we face is not just a physical one. Instead, it is a spiritual battle with powers that we do not easily see and which are very powerful. We shouldn't dismiss this as an imaginary battle or as an irrelevant struggle. Just as clearly as Satan was crouching at Cain's door, desiring to have him, so he crouches at our door (Gen. 4:7). He will use his forces of evil to do all he can to defeat, destroy, or corrupt us. We must take this war seriously and recognize the spiritual power of our foe.

PRAYER:
Father, forgive me for the times I have not taken the threat of evil seriously. Give me a holy revulsion for anything that is tied to what is unholy and opposed to your work and will. Let me not be deceived by temptation and deliver me from the power of the evil one in all of his forms. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand. Revelation 1:3 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 26, 2010

Devotional:
Thou [art] my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah. Psalm 32:7 (KJV)
Out of the attacks of evil come the victories of God and the victory chants of God's people. Let's find our strength and protection in our holy God! Let's make God our hiding place, our source of security, and our hope in times of trouble.

PRAYER:
Father, thank you for the confidence I have in your power and your might to deliver me from every attack of the evil one. You are worthy of all glory, honor, power, and praise. In the name of your Son and my Lord, Jesus Christ, I thank you for deliverance and praise you for your might. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed [are] the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 27, 2010

Devotional:
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (KJV)
In our battle against evil, we use the spiritual weapons of God that enable us to know the truth and the freedom that the truth brings. The devil's greatest tools are deception and death. God's grace allows us to see through the deception and demolish its falsifying grip on the minds of men and women and on ourselves. God's power has broken through the barrier of death and given us victory in Jesus Christ. Our task in this victory march? To obey our Lord and help others to do the same, finding his grace and power sufficient to help us overcome all that we face that could defeat us.

PRAYER:
Father, please use me to defeat the power of the devil and his influence on the lives of the ones that I love and on myself. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 28, 2010

Devotional:
Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. Proverbs 27:1 (KJV)
Humility about the future! We don't control tomorrow. At other times in our lives we may have taken tomorrow for granted; not so anymore. Tomorrow may not come. Tomorrow something horrible could happen. Tomorrow everything we possess could be gone. In the face of these discouraging possibilities, is there anything positive we can hold onto? Absolutely! We know that God holds tomorrow in his hands. We know that because our life is hidden with Christ in God (cf. Col. 3:1-4) our tomorrow is secure. It might not be what we expect. It might not go as we planned. But, it will go as God determines and it will end up with us sharing in his comfort, victory, and glory.

PRAYER:
Father, my tomorrows all rest in your hands. I ask that I can be useful to you today; courageous enough not to worry about tomorrow, and loyal enough to not waver in my love for you and my commitment to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed [is] that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. Psalm 40:4 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan. 29, 2010

Devotional:
I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Psalm 91:2 (KJV)
"In God we trust." That's the phrase written on much of the money in the United States. It's a great reminder. The financial climate ebbs and flows, always vulnerable to instability in the world. Only God is our refuge and fortress during the storms of life. He is eternal. He desires to bless us. He has earned our trust.

PRAYER:
Heavenly Father, I am so thankful that I can trust my life with you. Mold me and use me in ways that are a blessing to others. You are my source of security and strength. Please continue to make your presence known in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Jan.30, 2010

Devotional:
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:3-4 (KJV)
Jesus did what we could not do; he lived perfectly before God.
He showed that sin isn't a necessity in our lives and that it does not have to hold us captive. He poured out his Spirit on us so that we could not only share in his forgiveness and cleansing grace, but also so that we could have power to live in a way that pleases God.
Jesus is our sin offering and our Savior.

PRAYER:
Thank you, Father, for providing the sacrifice for my sin. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for being willing to pay the awful price to ransom me from that sin. Thank you, Holy Spirit, for living in me and empowering me to live for God. Thank you, O God, for your salvation! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
For the eyes of the Lord [are] over the righteous, and his ears [are open] unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord [is] against them that do evil. 1 Peter 3:12 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Feb. 1, 2010

Devotional:
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 1 Thessalonians 4:14 (KJV)
Jesus' resurrection was just the beginning! His resurrection means that those of us who have faith in him, who trust in the Father that raised him from the dead, can have confidence that those who belong to him, whether they are living or dead when he comes, will also share in his victory over death.

PRAYER:
Loving Father in heaven, thank you for giving me the victory over sin and death in Jesus. I know that just as you raised him from the dead, you will also raise me up at the great day of Jesus' return. Please use that resurrection power in me to help me live more victoriously today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The highway of the upright [is] to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul. Proverbs 16:17 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Feb. 2, 2010

Devotional:
For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. Romans 6:5-6 (KJV)
Paul reminds us that our baptism was more than just a dunking in water. In baptism, we shared in Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection. What he did to save us is now shared with us. We die to sin and are raised to be a new person, cleansed and made holy, empowered by the Holy Spirit. We have been set free from the power and the penalty of sin.

PRAYER:
Father, thank you for giving me new life in Jesus. I am truly thankful that my guilt is covered by your grace. I ask for the power to live my life of freedom from sin. Forgive me for my times of mediocrity and flirtation with sin. Give me a strong sense of revulsion toward anything that would pollute my soul or distract my heart from your will. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: Colossians 3:5 (KJV)