Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
January 9, 2015

Devotional:
For it is written, AS I LIVE SAYS THE LORD EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL [fn]GIVE PRAISE TO GOD,” Romans 14:11 (NASB:)

"Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." "Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus!" Yes, every knee will bow. But ours already do. We live in anticipation of the day when all peoples will bow before our King. Until that day, let's do all we can to make sure as many as we can influence bow before Jesus on that Day in joy and not on in fear!

Prayer:
Father, I thank you for saving me. May my anticipation of the day of Jesus' victory move me to be your agent of reconciliation so others are ready for that day and will welcome it with joy. Give me eyes to see those who need to come to Jesus today. Through him I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions. Proverbs 10:12 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 10, 2015

Devotional:

knowing that you were not [fn]redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ. 1 Peter 1:18-19 (NASB):

If value is determined by price, we are incredibly valuable. God took the most precious treasure of heaven to buy us out of sin and death and adopt us into his family. Silver and gold pale in comparison to that value.

Prayer:
Holy God, may I live each more aware of my inestimable value to you. May my words, thoughts and actions be permeated with your sense of my worth — not so that I may seem important to others, but so that I may live in holiness and honor to your precious gift to me. Through him I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, But the slow to anger calms a dispute. Proverbs 15:18 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 12, 2015

Devotional:

to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man [fn]with all wisdom, so that we may present every man [fn]complete in Christ. Colossians 1:27-28 (NASB)

Christ lives in me. Until I can become completely like him through the power of the Spirit (2 Cor 3:18), he lives in me. Until I can go home to be with him he lives in me (John 14:1-21). Everywhere I go and everything I do, he is in me. Our goal is to have him formed more perfectly in us, not just live in us. Of course, that will be done by his power and through the gift of his Spirit!

Prayer:
O God, may the presence of Jesus within me stir me to do your work today. May your abiding grace, through the presence of your gracious Son, call me to your character and your concerns. O Jesus, please make my heart like our Father's. Amen.

Wisdom:
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is [fn]safe. Proverbs 18:10 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 13, 2015

Devotional:

Therefore He is able also to save [fn]forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:25 (NASB)

Jesus didn't just come and die for us. He wasn't just raised to give us life. No, as incredible as those gifts are, he adds another blessing to all he has done for us: until he can come and take us home to God, Jesus lives to ask God for grace in our behalf. Jesus is not only our Savior, he is our defender and brother at the Father's side!

Prayer:
Precious Savior, my Jesus, how I love you. You sacrificed heaven for me. You gave up dignity to redeem me. You destroyed death to assure me. But today, I am most thankful and most aware that every prayer I offer and every step I take you are in the Father's presence to bless me. Thank you. Amen.

Wisdom:
On the lips of the discerning, wisdom is found, But a rod is for the back of him who lacks [fn]understanding. Proverbs 10:13 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 14, 2015

Devotional:

“For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Luke 19:10 (NASB)

"The Friend of Sinners." Of all the things Jesus was called, I believe that was his favorite. Come to think of it, I believe it's my favorite, too!

Prayer:
Father, while I know you hate sin and the havoc it creates in our lives, I am so thankful that when you came to earth you were not our judge but our Savior, you were our friend. I promise to live today more aware of your love for the lost because I know what it means to be found. Through Jesus my Lord, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who restrains his words [fn]has knowledge, And he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding. Proverbs 17:27 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 15, 2015

Devotional:

Have this attitude [fn]in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be [fn]grasped, but [fn]emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death [fn]on a cross. Philippians 2:5-8 (NASB)

"Lord, humble us gently." That is one of my friend/s favorite prayers. I like it, too. But thank God Jesus was not gently humbled. While I hate he had to go through agony, his self-emptying humility was stark, bold, drastic, and outrageous. But I am to have this same attitude when it comes to reaching God's lost children.

Prayer:
God, you are all powerful and yet you emptied yourself to redeem me. May I be more selfless in my attitude and treatment of others, more like Jesus is with me. In Christ' name, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who trusts in his riches will fall, But the righteous will flourish like the green leaf. Proverbs 11:28 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 16, 2015

Devotional:

“As for me, I know that my [fn]Redeemer lives, And [fn]at the last He will take His stand on the [fn]earth. Job 19:25 (NASB:)

Beyond what these words were first meant to convey, we know today that our Redeemer will return as the Rider on the white horse in triumph and victory. Hallelujah, what a day! Then the world truly WILL KNOW that Jesus Christ, our Savior and brother and friend, is Lord of all things!

Prayer:
Conquering King, Immortal God, I look forward to the day of your ultimate triumph in our world. Until that day, I pray that your Kingdom may be reflected in my ministry, my family and my life. Through the Rider on the white horse, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The beginning of strife is like letting out water, So abandon the quarrel before it breaks out. Proverbs 17:14 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 17, 2015

Devotional:

but [fn]speaking the truth in love, [fn]we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, Ephesians 4:15 (NASB):

Speaking the truth is hard enough. You mean I have to do it in love? Yes, if I am to be Christ's man or woman, I must speak to others as he did.

Prayer:
Father, forgive me for the bitterness in my heart and unfairness on my lips. Through your Spirit, help me better use my speech to bless others and glorify you. May I speak your truth with your love today in all my conversations. Through him who is Truth and Love I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, But he who restrains his lips is wise. Proverbs 10:19 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 19, 2015

Devotional:

And without faith it is impossible to please Him for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. Hebrews 11:6 (NASB)

I believe! I believe that God not only knows me, but cares about me. I believe that God not only created the universe, but he knows the number of hairs on my head. I believe that God not only sent his Son to save the world, but that he's sending him back to bring me home. What's more, I believe that God is pleased by my belief.

Prayer:
Almighty, Most Holy Lord, I thank you for your steadfast love and enduring faithfulness. I thank you for your grace and mercy. I thank you for your might and power. I thank you for your awesome holiness. I thank you... for being you, and choosing to reveal yourself to mortals like me. Through Jesus, your final Word, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Everyone who is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD, Assuredly, he will not be unpunished. Proverbs 16:5 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 20, 2015

Devotional:

This is the confidence which we have [fn]before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us [fn]whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him. 1 John 5:14-15 (NASB)

Confidence before God. That's sort of an oxymoron if you meditate upon it. Yet through the presence of Jesus at the Father's right hand and the intercession of the Holy Spirit, we can have confidence and come boldly before the Creator of the universe and know that he not only hears us, but also cares for us. Wow, what an audience! Oh, and one final thing, he also ACTS on what we ask.

Prayer:
Abba Father, for the grace of your listening ear I thank you more than words can say. Through the authority of Jesus my brother and by the grace of your interceding Holy Spirit, I offer you my thanks and love this day. Amen.

Wisdom:
As a ring of gold in a swine’s snout So is a beautiful woman who lacks [fn]discretion. Proverbs 11:22 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 21, 2015

Devotional:

rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, Romans 12:12 (NASB)

Sometimes the key to survival is simply "setting our jaw" and going on faithfully trusting that God is there helping us, despite the apparent and outward circumstances. Choosing joy through hope rather than despair, choosing patient endurance in times of affliction, and choosing faithfulness in prayer are all decisions of the will trusting that the God who raised Jesus from the dead can also change our circumstances because he hears our voice.

Prayer:
Create in me, O Mighty God, a resolute and steadfast heart so that I might persevere with joy no matter what the difficulty. This I ask in the name of your faithful Son. Amen.

Wisdom:
The refining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold, But the LORD tests hearts. Proverbs 17:3 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 22, 2015

Devotional:

and My people [fn]who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NASB)

Humility is not our culture's most valued asset or most desired character quality. But, humility is what is demanded — not so much because it's commanded (though that would be enough), but because we've "earned" our need of it. Every year brings another wave of major failures in morality, character, and spirituality. Even on our best days, we all fall short of God's holiness. Rather than progressing culturally, we find ourselves slipping. Our need to approach God with humility is "earned"! So let's be humble and call upon the Lord, throwing off our sin and seeking after him!

Prayer:
Holy and Almighty God, your deeds are awesome, your faithfulness is overwhelming, and your mercy and grace are such blessings. Yet I come to you knowing that you hear me, despite the incredible distance between you and me, between your worth and holiness and my lack. I confess that I, and my culture and country around me, have made a mess of what you so wonderfully blessed us with. I come humbling asking that you reassert yourself in our nation at this time in clearly recognizable ways. I ask this in faith through Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
The fear of the LORD prolongs [fn]life, But the years of the wicked will be shortened. Proverbs 10:27 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 23, 2015

Devotional:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all [fn]comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 (NASB:)

God wants to hear our prayers. But to keep them from becoming too self-focused, God wants us to always remember to give thanks. It is so easy for us to turn prayer into a request line. We are the ones who are left bereft when thanksgiving and praise are robbed from our prayers. Without praise our hearts grow dim because all we think about are problems and prayer becomes a wish list.

Prayer:
Gracious God, I have so many reasons to praise you. In the face of trial and hardship I have your promises to reawaken my hope. In the moment of victory I have you to thank for my abilities. In the boredom of the routine, I have great joys in your surprises. Thank you God for being so great and yet so loving. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
The [fn]fear of the LORD is the instruction for wisdom, And before honor comes humility. Proverbs 15:33 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 24, 2015

Devotional:

Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective [fn]prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. James 5:16 (NASB):

To confess our sins means we do two things with our sin: 1) we recognize sin for what it is in God's eyes and 2) we get rid of our secrets and are honest with another Christian about our weakness, vulnerabilities, failures, and sins. James' language is powerful. He mentions that this confession doesn't just bring forgiveness, it also brings healing.

Prayer:
Holy Father, I have sinned. I now confess my own personal sin of ____________. I ask for your forgiveness and for your Spirit to strengthen me in overcoming temptation. I want to live for you and not let my sin, any sin, entangle me and draw me away from you. Through the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
A false balance is an abomination to the LORD, But a just weight is His delight. Proverbs 11:1 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 26, 2015

Devotional:

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NASB)

Where does your heart live? That's what these verses are all about. It's about where we spend the most time with our hearts. Is there a constant awareness in your life that God is present? Is he the unseen but always present companion in all your ups and downs? Or is God here when it is convenient and gone when things are busy or we feel that everything is going okay? Joy comes from knowing we are never alone. Prayer is the ongoing conversation we have, Spirit to Spirit, child to Abba, human with God. Thanksgiving and joy are the great reminders that we have been blessed no matter what the outward circumstances imply.

Prayer
Precious and Righteous Father, thank you for being there, always. Give me a deeper appreciation and a more profound awareness of your presence today. May my life reflect the joy you have given me by saving me by grace. And may my heart always find its home in you. Through the name of Jesus my Savior and friend I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Better is a dry morsel and quietness with it Than a house full of [fn]feasting with strife. Proverbs 17:1 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 27, 2015

Devotional:

“If your brother sins [fn] go and [fn]show him his fault [fn]in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. Matthew 18:15 (NASB)

The right thing is so hard to do sometimes. It seems so much easier to gossip about someone who has wronged us, or to mention them in a group prayer as needing help, or to pass around an innuendo when talking about struggling Christians. But, only one thing is the right thing when we have been wounded by the action of another brother or sister in Christ! Go to the person who has wronged you, try to keep the damage contained to just the two of you, and work on being reconciled. This is God's desire, and should be our goal as his children.

Prayer:
Lord God Almighty, forgive my foolish and selfish ways. Give me courage to lovingly confront those who have sinned against me, but if I cannot bring reconciliation, help me through the power of your Holy Spirit to forgive as you have forgiven me. In Jesus' name, and because of his atoning sacrifice for sin I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The [fn]fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, That one may avoid the snares of death. Proverbs 14:27 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 28, 2015

Devotional:

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven [fn]you. Ephesians 4:32 (NASB)

Be kind and compassionate — two qualities that seem to be in short supply. Maybe it's because we hold up the wrong heroes. Unfortunately these two qualities are often seen as signs of weakness rather than strength. To forgive as God forgave us requires great courage and great strength. So let's be strong!

Prayer:
Holy God, there is no way I can adequately thank you for sacrificing so much to forgive me. So this day, I pledge to be more like you: to share more of your kindness and grace with those who have wronged me. Today, I ask you to help me release my bitterness toward _____________ and I ask you to bless this person with your kindness and grace. By the power of Jesus' example I ask this. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, And he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city. Proverbs 16:32 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 29, 2015

Devotional:

For You formed my [fn]inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for [fn]I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:13-14 (NASB)

I am made by God! You are made by God. Just as surely as ANYone has been made by God, we have been made by God. He knew us before anyone knew we were there. He had plans for us before anyone planned our arrival. And he made us well! How do we know? Look at all God has made.

Prayer:
God Almighty, my Savior and Redeemer, thank you for knowing me before I was able to know. Thank you for choosing my life and giving it to me. Thank you for giving me the gifts, abilities and talents that you have given me. Now please help me live as if I was made special by you, because I am! Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets, But he who is [fn]trustworthy conceals a matter. Proverbs 11:13 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 30, 2015

Devotional:

Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life [fn]in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. Romans 8:1-2 (NASB)

"Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" Becoming a Christian means we have been liberated from law keeping. We now have God living in us through the Holy Spirit. The Spirit helps us to know God's will and then live it. Through the Spirit's power, we can do what no law could make us do: live up to God's standards of righteousness. We are set free to be like God and to be with God, free from the crippling power of law, sin, and death.

Prayer:
Gracious father, thank you for all of your gifts to me. Today, I want to especially thank you for liberating me from law and empowering me with your Spirit. Fill me and empower me today with your Spirit as I commit to live my life for you. In the name and by the authority of Jesus my Lord I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Adversity pursues sinners, But the righteous will be rewarded with prosperity. Proverbs 13:21 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 31, 2015

Devotional:

Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who [fn]fears the LORD, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30 (NASB)

So many things we honor and exalt in our culture are shallow and temporary. The one thing that lasts in a beautiful woman is not her charm or her beauty, but her godliness. Let's make sure that our church families and our physical families value godly women and give them the praise they deserve!

Prayer:
Holy God, please give us better eyes and more faithful hearts that we may value in all people qualities that reflect your character. Bless us as we raise our children that we may instill in them a sense of proper values as they choose their life partner. And dear God, please help us in our churches to value and praise women for their holy character. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 2, 2015

Devotional:

As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all. Ecclesiastes 11:5 (KJV)

I don't know. I don't know! That has to be one of the hardest phrases for us to use. But when thinking about God and his ways, that's really all we can say. What we know about God is only what he in his grace has chosen to reveal to us. He is the Mystery of mysteries. He is the supreme knowable Unknown. Yet what we do know of him, what he has revealed to us in Jesus, is not only mighty and awesome, but loving and merciful.

Prayer:
To you, O Lord God, I can only offer my wonder and awe. When I consider the vastness of the universe in which our tiny blue planet spins its existence, I am humbled at your wonderfully complex and expansive soveriegnty. At the same time, Abba Father, I treasure your nearness. You are the good far above all I know, the God who transcends space and time, and also God my Father who is ever near. Thank you for being accessible but not penetrable, available but not controllable. I thank you and praise you in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Wisdom:
The one who guards his mouth preserves his life; The one who opens wide his lips [fn]comes to ruin. Proverbs 13:3 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 3, 2015

Devotional:

“The LORD your God is in your midst, A [fn]victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will [fn]be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy. Zephaniah 3:17 (NASB)

So God likes to sing too! He even likes to share his lullabies with those he loves. Not only is God Abba Father, he is also like a mother. He gently rocks and quiets his children with his affectionate care.

Prayer:
O God, I pray that when the storms of life rage against me, I will remember these words and find refuge, comfort and peace in your sheltering care. Make me aware, O God, of your singing in my life as you make your salvation more clear to me each day. Through my Savior Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
It is better to be humble in spirit with the lowly Than to divide the spoil with the proud. Proverbs 16:19 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 4, 2015

Devotional:

Oh, the depth of the riches [fn]oth of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! Romans 11:33 (NASB)

God's plan to save us is incredible. His blueprints for the creation of our universe are beyond our imagining. He is so rich in wisdom and knowledge. What else can we do but go to him and ask him to open our minds to his work and his will in our lives.

Prayer:
Precious and Almighty Father, thank you for reawakening me each spring to the power of your sustaining presence in the world, but even more in my life. Bless me today as I seek to put you first in all I do. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Even in laughter the heart may be in pain, And the end of joy may be grief. Proverbs 14:13 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 5, 2015

Devotional:

For God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love which you have shown toward His name, in having ministered and in still ministering to the [fn]saints. Hebrews 6:10 (NASB)

So much assurance in such a short verse! God is not unjust — boy is that an understatement: if he produced the atoning sacrifice for our sins, what will he deny us if we seek after him? He will not forget our work and love — an eternal record of the good we have done! When we help our brothers and sisters in Christ, we bless him! We are HIS people!! That's real motivation to keep on maturing in Christ.

Prayer:
God, you are so gracious. Thank you. Words cannot express my joy at hearing such a simple and profound statement describing your virtues. I am so glad I am your child. Through my brother Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The tongue of the wise makes knowledge [fn]acceptable, But the mouth of fools spouts folly. Proverbs 15:2 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 6, 2015

Devotional:

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, [fn]reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the [fn]seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace [fn]by those who make peace. James 3:17-18 (NASB)

Now I know why righteousness is so hard to find: there aren't many sowers! Heavenly wisdom is full of sacrificial earthly action. That's a powerful reminder to me that wisdom is not what you know but what you sow!

Prayer:
Holy and Wise Father, thank you for demonstrating purity, peace making, consideration, submissiveness, mercy, good fruit, impartiality, and sincerity in Jesus. I ask for the power and the courage to demonstrate these qualities this week as I seek to live like him. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Better is a [fn]dish of [fn]vegetables where love is Than a fattened ox served with hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 7, 2015

Devotional:

Now may the God [fn]who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, Romans 15:5-6 (NASB)

Unity comes from God's Spirit as we follow Jesus. But, unity has a purpose much deeper than our getting along with each other. Jesus prayed we would be one so that the world would know that God sent Jesus into the world as his Son (John 17). We want to be united so that our praise can bring glory to God. Unity is far more than a goal. Unity is a process through which the world learns of Jesus. At the same time, we glorify the Father who sent Jesus to save us. Leading others to Jesus and glorifying God are what living for Jesus is all about! Let's make unity our passion!

Prayer:
Great and Almighty God, Eternal Strength for all who call on your name, I apologize and ask your forgiveness for everything I've done and every word I've spoken that have hurt others in your family and brought a wound to the unity of your Church. Please bless my efforts as I seek less of my will, seek to live for your glory, and seek to encouragement others. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Though He scoffs at the scoffers, Yet He gives grace to the afflicted. Proverbs 3:34 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 9, 2015

Devotional:

Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all [fn]agree and that there be no [fn]divisions among you, but that you be [fn]made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment. 1 Corinthians 1:10 (KJV)

If people in our congregations are ever going to get along, the leaders of those churches must remind us of how important it is. Jesus' dying prayer was that we would be one. Why? So the world would know that the Father had sent him. Unity is not important, it is essential; not just as a theory or theology, but as a daily practice among the people who claim Jesus as Lord.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, you have presented all of my prayers to our Father and I thank you for this grace. I promise that I will do all I can to bring glory of our Father, to live at peace and to serve in unity with those who belong to you. Please bless our church family with more passion for the unity that you desire. In Jesus' name and through the blessed Holy Spirit I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
How blessed is the man who finds wisdom And the man who gains understanding. For her profit is better than the profit of silver And her gain better than fine gold.She is more precious than [fn]jewels; And nothing you desire compares with her. Proverbs 3:13-15 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 10, 2015

Devotional:

For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. Galatians 5:13 (NASB)

Freedom is a wonderful gift when it is handled with responsibility. Not being under law is such a sweet grace, but we want to pass that sweetness on to each other through service, kindness, and care.

Prayer:
O Great God of Deliverance, thank you for rescuing Israel from Pharaoh's grasp, David from the sword of Goliath, and Daniel from the lion's den. But O Great Deliverer, thank you most of all for the triumph of Jesus over sin at Calvary and his victory over death at the empty tomb. I long to see you face to face and thank you for my freedom. Until that day, guide me as I use this gift of liberation to serve you children and live for you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The wicked flee when no one is pursuing, But the righteous are [fn]bold as a lion. Proverbs 28:1 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 11, 2015

Devotional:

Each of us is to please his neighbor [fn]for his good, to his edification. Romans 15:2 (NASB)

Being depressed and dissatisfied with life can be caused by a myriad of things. But for many of us, these are symptoms that we have focused too much on ourselves and are angry with life. We have forgotten to count our blessings, neglected giving thanks to God, become silent in our praise to our Father, and have quit helping those around us. Thinking of others is how Christ lived. When we follow his example, ours actions make a difference in the lives of those we bless and we also find ourselves immensely blessed as well. Let's get our focus off ourselves and look to bless our neighbours!

Prayer:
Holy and Matchless God, help me see the brokenness, hurt, and difficulties in the lives around me. Please use me to bless others who so desperately need to experience your love and grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The beginning of strife is like letting out water, So abandon the quarrel before it breaks out. Proverbs 17:14 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
February 12, 2015

Devotional:

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; [fn]give preference to one another in honor; Romans 12:10 (NASB)

Being "devoted to another in brotherly love" requires that our church talk — we're family, brothers and sisters, children of God — must be more than mere words. We must enter each others lives, getting to know one another so that we can serve, love and bless each other. What have you done lately to get more involved in the lives of your fellow Christians? Devotion to others follows a commitment to know and be known by them!

Prayer:
Father, thank you for giving me a world wide family. Thank you for loving me so completely. Father I ask that you help me be more open with myself and my time to those in your family. Give me a heart that burns to bless and be blessed by those you have made your children. Through my brother Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who watches his way preserves his [fn]life. Proverbs 16:17 (NASB)