Thinking about relaxing again...

phynestone

I have natural 4B that's I am thinking about relaxing again. What kind of lye relaxer do you guys recommend? Also, what products do you think I should buy? Any suggestions are welcome!

carmella25

I use motions regular relaxer. After I am done with the tub I but I going to switch to affirm.

I use to be natural also. But once I learned how to take care of a relaxer the correct way from this board. I went back to it.

I usually was my hair with conditioner mixed with glycerine everyday. I always airdry my hair. Well actually my pony tail is always wet its never dry only when I trim it its dry and that only 1 to 2 times a year. I wash my hair with the creme of nature shampoo 1 a week and the other days I wash with the conditoner. like dove, or pantence or even the costco brand. I then apply a heavy deep condioner with a mixture of glycerine and emu oil to my ponytail and then put it in a bun with plastic wrap around it.

My hair has grown so much from this method. I also like to use tha rosemary rinse conditioner by aura. It has the tingleling feeling.

Well if you have anymore questions Im here to help.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
19sweetie, whatever you do, make sure that you or your stylist do a strand test on several sections of your head before relaxing to determine the correct strength and timing of your relaxer.

I use Revlon Realistic (lye) regular strength. I don't use too many styling products on a regular basis. My staples are Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner and Moisture Benefits Shampoo (a couple of times per month), Optimum Conditioner (deep/protein), African Royale Daily Doctor, White Rain Conditioner for conditioner "washes", glycerin/water/condtioner spray, Oils (virgin coconut or shea oil, essential oils).