Faux Locs

Gr8ness83

I have done my PS for the Winter/Spring. I went to get my hair done on the 3rd of December and I had to stop her in the middle of it because she was doing them HORRIBLY and had the nerve to try to charge me $210. Since she did about 1/2 of my head, I paid her about 1/2 of her quoted price and had to go redo them. I shouldn't have paid her a dime but she was in the middle of moving and I was in the Christmas spirit, she got lucky. I will leave them in until May, redoing them as needed.

Attachments

• faux locs 5.jpg
    faux locs 5.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 156
  • fauc locs 4.jpg
    fauc locs 4.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 134
  • faux locs 2.jpg
    faux locs 2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Faux locs 3.jpg
    Faux locs 3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Faux locs.jpg
    Faux locs.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 118

Gr8ness83

The longer side is what I did, the shorter side is what she did, what I had to REDO.

Attachments

• comparison.jpg
    comparison.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 134

Guinan

Re-Branding
What you did looks awesome. What kind of hair did you use?

Were you able to find out why she did them that way? Maybe she didnt know how to do them. I seeing this more and more. Like my last hair stylist really didnt know how to color hair but rather than say "hey I'm not really comfortable coloring hair", she proceeded to color my hair after a 2hr discussion with a lead stylist on how to color hair.

Some will say they know how to do something, just to pocket the money.

Gr8ness83

What you did looks awesome. What kind of hair did you use?

Were you able to find out why she did them that way? Maybe she didnt know how to do them. I seeing this more and more. Like my last hair stylist really didnt know how to color hair but rather than say "hey I'm not really comfortable coloring hair", she proceeded to color my hair after a 2hr discussion with a lead stylist on how to color hair.

Some will say they know how to do something, just to pocket the money.

According to her, she was just getting over being sick. She kept complaining that it was soo much work and mine were the last that she was going to do. Truthfully, I think she was being lazy and trying to rush. The locs that i did did not take very long to do.

claud-uk

There is no comparison in the 2nd pic of the ones you did versus hers - and she's supposed to be a professional?! :nono:

Glad you realized there was a problem before she finished - she needs to think herself lucky that you were fair as far as payment.

We need to have a "I stood up for myself at the salon" thread so we can all be encouraged not to sit through and then pay for poor service again in the future.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Glad you didn't pay full price! Smdh... Not ok.

I would have done them all myself and saved money.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Ivonnovi

OP you did a great job.

I do sisterlocks; at times when I'm sick or dont feeling well I will contact clients to reschedule appointments (with a discount), as I charge by the hour.

IMHO this type of service is definately "performance" or "time" based; if she was still feeling bad she should have offered t
o reschedule or took her time and did it correctly.​

leona2025

I love what you did. Do you have to be natural to get faux locks? I've wanted some type of extension because I'm tired of combing my hair lol. My hair is about as long as your locs. Is there a possibility of tangling?

Gr8ness83

OP you did a great job.

I do sisterlocks; at times when I'm sick or dont feeling well I will contact clients to reschedule appointments (with a discount), as I charge by the hour.
IMHO this type of service is definately "performance" or "time" based; if she was still feeling bad she should have offered to reschedule or took her time and did it correctly.​

I agree, I would have been more than happy to pay for her to do my hair but her work was absolutely horrible. I have to find the picture of the actual parts that she did. They were HUGE!!! Some were two inch squares, some larger. There was only a total of 16 locs done to cover the sides of my head, 8 per side and the back of my head had about 15, if that. it was a mess and the hair on the locs could easily slide up and down, it was not secure and she braided the bottom of the loc, she didn't secure it like a normal loc. It looked soooo bad. I have had people ask me to do their hair when they see my loc extensions.

I love what you did. Do you have to be natural to get faux locks? I've wanted some type of extension because I'm tired of combing my hair lol. My hair is about as long as your locs. Is there a possibility of tangling?

No, you do not have to be natural to get faux locs. I did braid my hair about an inch or so past the length of my own hair so it does not break my hair when I unravel the loc. I honestly do not foresee any tangling issues. I put oil on my scalp WGHO and JBCO/coconut mix but I also wash the perimeter of my scalp about once a week (this is only my second week with these in) I put my locs in a bun high on my head then I get in the shower and wet the perimeter of my hair. I use castile soap to cleanse my scalp and break up any oil then I use argon oil shampoo. I put conditioner on my scalp and let it sit while I shower then I rinse out the perimeter. The most tedious part of this task is making sure that everything is rinsed out properly. If you do not have a shower with a detachable head then I have found that a cup works great because it concentrates the stream of water and rinses everything well. My hair that is braided underneath is wrapped with hair so there is no manipulation at all, it should come out how it was when I put it in. I moisturized and sealed the hair before I braided and wrapped it. I spray my hair with leave in every morning and night.

One thing that I can say that I love about these is that there is ZERO slipping. I split the section of my hair that I was going to use as a base for the loc into two sections. I put some marley hair in between, connected the two sections of my hair on either side of the Marley hair and braided my own hair then I braided my hair in with the Marley, after a while I just started two-strand twisting, it was much easier. There is no way that the braid can slip out because my hair is braided around it. It will be loose but it is good because when you start wrapping the braid/twist, it will become tight. I can gauge the growth of my hair far more accurately than I can when I have braids because braids can, and often do, slip.

I LOVE these locs!

Last edited: