Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2015/2016

FollicleFanatic

Here's my starting pic. I'm in a bunch of challenges, woo lawd!

DC'd earlier, applied leave in and sealed with grapeseed oil. Gonna bun Mon-Fri and baggy ends. I've had good results baggying with EVCO or any protein treatment in the past, will keep consistent with that.

Attachments

• IMG_20141231_221145.jpg
    IMG_20141231_221145.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 48

PlainJane

My ends hate me right now. I'm tempted to trim. I've been very sick and have neglected my hair and haven't touched my hair in a week and have been in bed all week with no scarf and lose hair so it is a matted dry mess. I'm scared to even start on it.

Rnjones

My ends hate me right now. I'm tempted to trim. I've been very sick and have neglected my hair and haven't touched my hair in a week and have been in bed all week with no scarf and lose hair so it is a matted dry mess. I'm scared to even start on it.

I'm in the same exact situation. My hair needs an extra dose of tlc.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My ends have been tucked away in a messy bun for the past few days. I haven't moisturized since Friday, but I sealed with a lot of coconut oil so my ends are staying moist.

EnExitStageLeft

I went ahead and did a blow out then trimmed to even things out. My hair came out really well.

Here is how it looks:

The Front:
my first natural blow out.jpg

The Back:
length 2015 FULLY NATURAL.jpg

Pennefeather

My big update us that I discontinued using Aphogee keratin and green tea recobstructorizer spray this past week. I am convinced that this product was responsible for the problems that I have been having over the past few weeks. It may have taken some time to build up, but my hair went from being soft and easy to detangle to rough and having more SSKs every week.

I could actually hear hair snap when I was moisturizing it twice a day. I finally decided to not use the spray this week, and could see the difference immediately. Maybe mow I can work on getting my ends healthy. I'm really overdue for a trim also.

I'm still convinced that the Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea spray was too strong for my hair. My hair's condition has improved dramatically since discontinuing it. I still felt that my hair wasn't in optimum condition so I decided to fall back on Aphogee two minute Reconstructor, which I used to use regularly.

I used it yesterday morning w good results. My hair feels strong, but not brittle. I think that I can use the two minute reconstructor monthly.

ronie

I went ahead and did a blow out then trimmed to even things out. My hair came out really well. Here is how it looks: The Front: The Back:
Look at you showing off already. Your natural hair looks great.
I will be 2 years natural (3years post relaxer) next month and my blow out doesn't even hang like that. The front of my hair is stupid slow in the growth department.

ronie

ronie Isn't that a blow out in your siggy? GIRL BYE! Your hair is flawless.
EnExitStageLeft
Thanks girl.
Lolll, my siggy is actually a comb out (fake blow out) fro. My avatar is a pin curl flat iron. The back and crown is doing good. But the sides and front are not doing what I need them to do. That's why I have to pin the front back so the shape doesn't look weird.

claud-uk

I have the Ouidad Curl Recovery Mask in right now. I am super pleased that I barely needed any of the mask to cover my entire head of hair and I'm HL so that's amazing. Based off of the youtube videos I watched on the product, I was probably only going to get 3 - 4 uses out of the product. You know how people love to be heavy handed with conditioners . Anyways, if this works like it says it's going to, then despite the price, it could end up being a keeper.

The Ouidad detangling comb worked for the primary length of my hair, but I think I will rely on another comb for the roots.

Lastly, I've been seeing an increase in SSKs :)/) due to my increased wearing of Wngs for the last month, so I will have to go back to twist-outs.

Dee Raven please could you do a review of the detangling comb if you haven't done one already? Is it seamless? It looks a little heavy/chunky, is it?

TIA!

Dee Raven

Dee Raven please could you do a review of the detangling comb if you haven't done one already? Is it seamless? It looks a little heavy/chunky, is it?

TIA!

claud-uk, I just looked at the comb. The part that goes through the hair is seamless. The comb is pretty heavy for sure. It does go through the main part of the hair very quickly. However, this is not the comb for detangling the roots. I'm cool with having multiple combs for detangling, I usually use 2 - 3 every detangling session anyways. The comb is on the pricey end, but it does seem durable. For me, it works better than the wide tooth combs that I've been using. And it's faster than a denman or paddle brush.

Let me know if you have any other questions that I didn't answer already.

Dee Raven

Well, I cut the crown area, unevenly, :perplexed, but the deed is done. One side is got 4 inches chopped (it's now WSL), the other side got chopped 2 - 3 inches. I also did an 1/8 to 1/4 inch trim on all the rest of my edges. I'm going to wait until May or June to straighten and even things up.

As far as the Ouidad mask, it did strengthen my hair noticeably. So I'll be using it as a protein treatment when needed.

silenttullip

natural
apl
need to protect my ends more and better
I have been lazy haven't tried anything for my ends
loc method and sleeping with a cap and not raking through them starting at ends to remove braids and twists
I'll update once a month

EnExitStageLeft

claud-uk

:lol: I don't know but I'm sure as heck going to find out :yep:

ronie

Ohhhhhh ok I get it now. You front is your issue. I thought you mean't your entire head. I was like, "this girl is definitely suffering from hairorexia" :lol:.

toaster

I'm under the dryer with my twist out (satin rollers on the ends).

I enjoyed my straight hair but I'm ready to get back in the swing of things. Will continue to seal my ends with shea butter and hopefully this is the year my twistouts hang past my shoulders and I can stop worrying about my ends brushing against my clothes.

blackeyes31626

moisturized with KC califia spray and sealed with my beloved mhc buttery soy cream.
still looking for a protein leave in conditioner

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I posted in the Random thoughts thread, but long story short my hair now looks disgusting when it's wet. Bummer city.

claud-uk

whosthatcurl - sorry for your woes :bighug: have you tried doing a protein treatment? Nothing too harsh that might shock the hair, maybe a medium strength tx followed by a good DC after then repeat in 7 days. It might help bring the oomph/life back to your hair.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
claud-uk Thanks for the suggestions! I didn't think to do that since I was so upset. I am deep conditioning but I haven't done a protein treatment.