MHM Hangout

Smiley79

Exactly what.parts of the regimen including the CLT is helping with definition, clumping, elongating and making the hair more manageable? Im trying to see which part I want to keep and how.often to do them?

msbettyboop

I have quite a few conditioners to get rid off. I wonder if I can use them for the step 1 process with the baking soda. Quite a few of them have glycerin in them though but low on the list. Hmmm.....

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

snoop

Exactly what.parts of the regimen including the CLT is helping with definition, clumping, elongating and making the hair more manageable? Im trying to see which part I want to keep and how.often to do them?

I'm not an MHM expert, but I think that at the very least you'd have to keep the clay step.

GGsKin

For me, dropping the tools and strictly finger combing/detangling has played a major part.

Also the amount of moisture my hair has been receiving (and retaining I think due to sequence of events and technique used within the method) in frequent washes has made my hair more managable. GHE is working wonders- I do this intensively. When I eventually did my first CLCT, I noticed the most 'new' definition.

ETA: The clay is also encourages my hair to clump and define. I can't believe I left this out of my original response. At the time of writing this amendment I have been doing DubaiDee4c's modified regimen (water rinse, clay and gel). I've only been doing this for about a week, washing every 2 or 3 days and I've noticed that my hair doesn't look as dull as when I was incorporating MHM approved conditioners.

Last edited:

msbettyboop

Haven't had time to do the method since I tried the protective princess method on 1st. Hair has been in a bun since then and didn't take down to moisturise with water and KCKT, sealing the with grape seed oil, until this morning before throwing back into a bun. Hair was still moisturised with no issues at all. I won't have time to do the full method again till Tuesday.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Thanks to the blog post by hairtimes5 and some advice on mixing the clay, I finally have a real handle on this method. I'm not at max hydration but I can do a WNG and it not be a fuzzy fro. I still get mad shrinkage but I'm really okay with that for now. I'm hoping for hang time by spring. I plan on doing the original CLT twice a month with the DC and clay and doing the baking soda-conditioner cleanse/DC/clay every 3rd or 4th day. I'm using water only to rinse and applying diluted conditioner and diluted gel in between to refresh. My problem was I was mixing and applying the clay all wrong. It was too thick and I was applying too much and could not get it all rinsed out. I was also making a huge mess in the bathroom.

snoop

I did my third day today. I'm going to try to find the time to put my hair in twists, then do Protective Princess's method.

faithVA

For most people doing the clay step after conditioning provides the most definition. Those with more hydrated hair can get by with doing the clay and then conditioning. But what makes mhm different from most curly girl methods its doing the clay after conditioning.

faithVA

I have quite a few conditioners to get rid off. I wonder if I can use them for the step 1 process with the baking soda. Quite a few of them have glycerin in them though but low on the list. Hmmm.....

You can use a conditioner with glycerin in step 1 or 3. Its just recommended not to use glycerin after your final rinse.

HopefulOne

You can use a conditioner with glycerin in step 1 or 3. Its just recommended not to use glycerin after your final rinse.

Do you think that you can use any styling products you want if you do the complete process every 3 days? For example, if I used method approved products to complete the steps, could I use any styler for two days until I did the process again on the third day? I have products I want to use and I don't need definition from the method.

faithVA

Do you think that you can use any styling products you want if you do the complete process every 3 days? For example, if I used method approved products to complete the steps, could I use any styler for two days until I did the process again on the third day? I have products I want to use and I don't need definition from the method.

You can use any products. You just have to realize that deviating can slow down your progress and delay or prevent you from reaching hydration.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
I did my bald spot routine this weekend and I slightly adjusted my routine to accommodate my hi po hair. One thing I added was a protein reconstructor. I used Shescentit okra reconstructor and my hair felt like new. I also adjusted my leave in conditioner to an acidic pH. I used diluted Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle and I added citric acid to lower the pH from 7 to 5. I also want to add that after my protein treatment, on my clay step I had more definition. So I'll stick with these adjustments until I'm done with this regimen :yep:.

Last edited:

HopefulOne

Thanks for your answer. I have curl definition to my scalp, the method helps me with SSKs and tangles. I am trying out my theory now to see if I can do the method with the correct products every three days use whatever products I want for 2 days and still avoid SSKs.

Smiley79

I forgot to ask does anyone know what in the MhM is causing the hair to look less full and even stringy? The only reason that I do not want to continue I because I like big hair and it seems to take away the volume. I want hair that moves and clumps easier but I still want full hair.

nlamr2013

I forgot to ask does anyone know what in the MhM is causing the hair to look less full and even stringy? The only reason that I do not want to continue I because I like big hair and it seems to take away the volume. I want hair that moves and clumps easier but I still want full hair.

I think most people sacrifice one for the other definition vs fullness there are some people who have full looking defined hair but not many

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I too have decided to use my regular products in between the regimen. I noticed improved moisture and vibrancy after cowashing with as I am cleansing cream and my regular DC and then using the KCKT and KCCC.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

faithVA

Have you posted a picture of your hair in this thread so I can see what you mean?

At what point in the process does it start to look thin?

My initial guess is that it is the clay or the styler. But the clay is what gives you definition. You can always try reducing the time you leave the clay on and keep the oil to a minimum.

msbettyboop

My hair looks string like after I apply the gel but as it dries, it gets bigger and bigger.

HopefulOne

I too have decided to use my regular products in between the regimen. I noticed improved moisture and vibrancy after cowashing with as I am cleansing cream and my regular DC and then using the KCKT and KCCC. Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Let us know how that works. I am really interested to know what your experience is. I am not using approved products in between either and so far so good.

Smiley79

I have not taken any pics, smh. I think im leaving the clay too long as well, my hair felt straw like the last time.

SunnyDelight

Smiley79
I have been doing MHM less because of this ....

I like big fluffy hair and noticed it looking less full after each full treatment. Don't get me wrong...I am loving the clumping and the curls, and most of all knowing that its moisturized but I don't want to sacrifice the volume of my hair for "curls," if that makes sense.

Smiley79

SunnyDelight...you share my exact sentiments. I absolutely love the clumps and how my hair seems more manageable...but I really dislike the loss of volume. I would be entering Day 4 today, but I think I'm going to stop and figure out how to continue a Curly Girl regimen using a couple of things that I like from the MHM. For example, The Cherry Lola treatment is now going to be a staple...maybe every 2 weeks until my hair improves. And I think the most important thing that I appreciate from trying this regimen is that I finally learned the importance of consistency! I feel that sticking to a regular regimen really helped me yield some excellent results. And learning how to handle my hair with finger combing was another great lesson learned. It's time for me to take what I learned and create a regimen that works for me.

deborah11

Have you posted a picture of your hair in this thread so I can see what you mean?

At what point in the process does it start to look thin?

My initial guess is that it is the clay or the styler. But the clay is what gives you definition. You can always try reducing the time you leave the clay on and keep the oil to a minimum.

Can someone tell me how to post pics in this thread or in the alternative send me a link to the instructions regarding how to do so. I have been unable to find clear instructions about how to post pics in the thread. Thank you.

Last edited:

deborah11

I have not taken any pics, smh. I think im leaving the clay too long as well, my hair felt straw like the last time.

I am having a problem with dry straw like hair too. I think that I am going to discontinue the BS for a minute and leave the clay on my hair for no more than 20 minutes ( not 1 hour)to see if this helps with my hair's moisture level.

deborah11

I did my bald spot routine this weekend and I slightly adjusted my routine to accommodate my hi po hair. One thing I added was a protein reconstructor. I used Shescentit okra reconstructor and my hair felt like new. I also adjusted my leave in conditioner to an acidic pH. I used diluted Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle and I added citric acid to lower the pH from 7 to 5. I also want to add that after my protein treatment, on my clay step I had more definition. So I'll stick with these adjustments until I'm done with this regimen :yep:.

How much citric acid did you add to your leave-in. How did you use the protein reconstructor (between which steps) in the MHM process? Did you use the protein right before your clay step (step 3)?

faithVA

[USER said:
deborah11;20965973[/USER]]Can someone tell me how to post pics in this thread or in the alternative send me a link to the instructions regarding how to do so. I have been unable to find clear instructions about how to post pics in the thread. Thank you.

Are you trying to post from the web app or the mobile app?

Cattypus1

All loced up...
My hair felt like straw when I used bentonite. Since the switch to Rhassoul and the change in the recipe, straw is all gone.