• 1-2 years

Votes: 88 44.4%
  • 2-3 years

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • other (explain)

Votes: 17 8.6%

• Total voters

bebezazueta

I'm transitioning so 4 years. I made it to MBL relaxed pretty quickly but stayed there for 2 years. Finally made it to WL while transitioning. My goal is HL natural hair when stretched which will probably be shoulder length unstretched. I'm fine with that.

Kindheart

My goal was WL and I reached it,took me around 3 years with only 4 trims .

image-3803173093.jpg

Last edited:

jessicarabbit

Before I recently went natural, it took me about 1 1/2 to 2 years to get from twa/SL to BSL. I would've gotten to MBL but i had a major setback, trims, cuts, etc. This time around I'm soooo determined to make it to WL with no issues.

Gryphyn

I voted 2-3 years. I'm at CBL with my straight ends after a trim. If I make MBL in 3 years, with or without my straight ends, I'll be happy. I'm hoping for WL in 2 though ;).

Tonto

I voted 2-3 years. I was grazing BSL at the end of the year and I got a trim. Plus I have a long torso (I'm about 5'9''). I want to reach WL

Misseyl

I started texlaxing in June 2013 and cut off my relaxed ends on 1/6/13. I believe withinin two/three years, if I don't see Sisterwithrealhair progress, then I'm gonna give up and start wearing big earrings.

naija24

I've always wanted to be shoulder length so I guess another 3 or 5-6 months. I was neck length in December via my trim. For full SL it'll probably be a full year

JudithO

In my head, i'm transitioning. I just made WL, and I have about 1 inch of NG so yeah.. will be a minute... Maybe 3 - 4 years if everything goes perfectly.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I'm starting over as a natural (again).
I hope to be at my goal length in 4 years. Yep Jan 2018.
Sounds sooooooo farrrrrr away.

Focusing on having a very healthy journey.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I will be trimming an inch every 3 months until the end of the year to rid my split ends so I will not be at HL as planned. I probably still be WHip and that's ok with me.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I may have to rethink my goal length. This year I will focus on growing out my layers and next year will be about growth. Come on bsl/mbl. I will be happy with either length as long as I can make a big pretty bun

SkySurfer

I'm giving myself 2 solid years to get from Grazing BSL to WL. This is to allow for heavy trims and Heaven forbid, setbacks.
I'm on a protective styling mission!

ronie

Giving myself 2 years to reach BSL. I am at SL now. Once I'm at BSL, I will go into maintenance mode. So December 2015.

MarieB

I voted "other" because I really never set a goal length when I transitioned--I was just on a quest for healthy, low-maintenance hair. So far, so good (fingers crossed).

JazzyOleBabe

I voted 1-2 years. Hopefully by 12/14 I will be APL length. However, because I have been on this board for so long, I now want to be BSL. :lol::lachen:

Gr8ness83

Probably 4 years. I want tailbone length natural hair when stretched. Jewjewbee on YouTube is my hairspiration. My growth rate is good enough it's just the retention and the manipulation that I have to constantly do because of my job. I may just do the Crown and Glory method until I get to a length where I don't have to pull my hair back so tightly. I am already all natural and the length is complicated...:perplexed Past SL but I am more concerned with health and thickness at THIS point than I am about length. I have been natural for years but stupid birth control had my fine strands shedding to the point where all I could do was cut it. And it was STILL shedding so I just had to keep cutting and cutting. The shedding has finally stopped so now I just trim about 1/4" for every inch that grows.

coolsista-paris

Probably 4 years. I want tailbone length natural hair when stretched. Jewjewbee on YouTube is my hairspiration. My growth rate is good enough it's just the retention and the manipulation that I have to constantly do because of my job. I may just do the Crown and Glory method until I get to a length where I don't have to pull my hair back so tightly. I am already all natural and the length is complicated...:perplexed Past SL but I am more concerned with health and thickness at THIS point than I am about length. I have been natural for years but stupid birth control had my fine strands shedding to the point where all I could do was cut it. And it was STILL shedding so I just had to keep cutting and cutting. The shedding has finally stopped so now I just trim about 1/4" for every inch that grows.

i might stip birth control pills and try an alternative. im not 100%sure of what i will choose yet.

i have fine strands too ( some are medium) but my hair is not as healthyas before.. maye stopping the pills will help, although im now taking pills for blood pressure since 2 months and hope it wont be for the entire rest of my life!( i need to start working out)!

Gr8ness83

i might stip birth control pills and try an alternative. im not 100%sure of what i will choose yet.

i have fine strands too ( some are medium) but my hair is not as healthyas before.. maye stopping the pills will help, although im now taking pills for blood pressure since 2 months and hope it wont be for the entire rest of my life!( i need to start working out)!

I had the Depo shot which made my hair shed then the Implanon which caused further hair shedding AND weight gain (almost 50 lbs), I will attach the photos of the before and after when I get on my home computer but the difference is night and day. I would be in TEARS when I had to wash my hair. I would try to do protective styles but when I would take it out of the protective style there would be MASSIVE hair shed in the tub, it looked like a pack of hair was in the drain. I can deal with hair breakage but it was shedding from the scalp. I already have fine strands so it was a hot mess. In Feb 2012 I cut the Implanon out of my arm myself because the Dr office I was going to (the VA) was acting like it was going to take them 2-3 months to get me in. My hair has been recovering ever since. It is FINALLY getting close to where it was as far as health but the length is going to take some time I know. I will never again in life get the Depo, Pill, or BC implant. I have the Para Guard which is "non-hormonal", I haven't had any issues with it, I am finding it hard to lose the last few lbs but I wouldn't really say that it's the contributing factor. I did turn 30 in Dec, my metabolism probably isn't what is was 3-5 years ago.

KiLLaCarLi

The depo shot made my hair shed a lot too. Not to mention the 20lbs in 3 months weight gain.

My goal is MBL and I'm aiming for 2 years.
Im roughly SL, CBL length (unstretched) now, I have myself unofficially in the APL 2014 challenge, I'm hoping APL by summer (short term goal).
Waist length sounds dreamy but I'm too tall for alla dat

spacetygrss

Who knows?
My hair is growing into a bob at the moment. The back is SL and the rest is APL. I think that my goal is BSB. I'm a slow grower. It'll probably take me a good two years to get there.