2014 Deep Condition Challenge

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
In 2014 DC to Balance!!!
Deep conditioning is the process of enriching the hair with moisture or protein and can effectively maintain the protein/moisture balance.
Let’s regularly Deep Condition

• To increase and maintain proper moisture/protein levels in the hair
  • Improve manageability
  • Reduce splits and breakage
  • Retain our growth
In this thread journal your DC experiences 'as you go'
What product(s) did you use?
How long did you DC for?
What method of DC did you use (cap, steamer, etc)
Most importantly – How did your hair respond?
Periodically search your posts within this thread to be reminded of combinations that worked really well or not so well for you!
If you were a DC Challenger last year YOU’RE IN:grin: If you are new to DC’ing this year, just jump in and POST:yep:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Welcome Challengers:yep:
IDareT'sHair
Rozlewis
veesweets
lamaria211
Brownie518
faithVA
kupenda
Lilmama1011
Froreal3
Babygrowth
uofmpanther
Atdow71
mschristine
xu93texas
sexypebbly
HanaKuroi
HairPleezeGrow
EnExitStageLeft
GrowAHead
Aggie
mshoneyfly
gbunnie
DominicanBrazilian82
curlyhersheygirl
lovelycurls
tiffers
Lita
divachyk
naturalagain2
felic1
lisanaturally
Bajanmum
TraciChanel
Duchess007
NappyNelle
cynd
toaster
AlliCat
LexiDior
ZebraPrintLover
Blairx0
Ann0804
halee_J
~*~ShopAholic~*~
billyne
LightEyedMami
kbnax
sisters248
greenbees
Jewell
MGA2013
JulietWhiskey
Shadiyah
cutenss
sharifeh
KaramelDiva1978
MrsTimberlake
IronButterfly
Lisaaa Bonet
bajandoc86
TheVioletVee
Sunshinelove32
Luprisi
lovestarr
karlajamaica
Hair Iam
BKfinest
SpiceUpMyHair
Americka
Cherry89
SugarRush
greenandchic
Forever in Bloom
grantalston4
JazzyOleBabe
Shana'
gorgeoushair
shortt29
sherrimberri
Luckyladyj
naturalfinally
Beamodel
jesusislove1526
Mocha126
MayaNatural
jayjaycurlz
fiyahwerks
apple_natural
TruMe
~NanCeBoTwin~
DaDragonPrincess
MicheePrings
nmartin20
xNichex
Shay72
Lovestyr
Michelemybelle
MileHighDiva
spacetygrss
kennylee2013
CodeRed
itismehmmkay
s1b000
loulou82
Lexsmarie
SuchaLady
TejadaUrdiales
antavia009
TrueSugar
lusciousladie07
laylaaa
Jobwright
awkwardlexi
NaturallyATLPCH
bign__17
Honeytips
wheezy807
Smiley79
ronie
joyandfaith
Coffee
jhcprincess
Golden75
mami2010
Iluvsmuhgrass
Fine 4s
Hyacinthe
CB1731
daviine
KPH
DarkJoy
cherryhair123
baha_locks
Diva_Esq
karenjoe
belletropjolie
GodsPromises
Royalq 1
Inspiired 1
southerncitygirl 1
Bublin
syncerelyhis
NappyRina
RegaLady
Trinisoul
Bosslady1
curlycrown85
rawsilk
randi415
ginabuglol
Hot Chocolate-LB
virtuenow
queenvdb
Pennefeather
kaykari
DaiseeDay
SunySydeofLyfe
shockolate
Loves Harmony
Tinadem39
Lylddlebit

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Yay! I will be dcing with various dcers under my dryer with a plastic cap or my Hair Therapy Wrap.

ETA: Rotating between Annabelle's White Chocolate Mousse, Shescentit Riche, Silk Dreams Mocha Silk Infusion, and Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream. I will be adding Annabelle's Blueberry Cheesecake into the rotation as well.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm still in it to win it x2 per week.:grin:

Either Tuesday/Friday OR Wednesday/Saturday.

I usually do my Protein DC'ers under dryer and Moisturizing DC'ers under Steamer.

Will be Using a myriad of DC'ers and Treatments.

syncerelyhis

O yea! I tried Nexxus Humectress Hydrating Treatment (because I was excited about the Ceramide content). I deep conditioned with it under the dryer for 45 minutes. My hair was super moisturized!

NaturallyATLPCH

Yay, I'm in! I will be protective styling for another month, but whenever I wear my hair out, I deep condition faithfully once a week.

Soooooo, I will be DCing with various treatments until I run out, since I am also in a stash decrease challenge. :yep:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I will be using up DCners under my steamer. In rotation at the start of 2014 will be:
Annabelle's Perfect Blend
HV SitriNillah
AO HSR

toaster

I'm here! I'm still on a mission to find the perfect DC so hopefully this challenge will help. Right now I'm rotating between Shea Moisture, Hairveda, and SSI DCers under my steamer.

Beamodel

I'm in and I will be using:

HV Sitrinillah
JC deep treatment
HH pink grapefruit
Annabella's Blueberry Cheesescake
SD Shea What Deux

xu93texas

I'm in. I'll be alternating between SSI Riche Moisture Masque and Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus/ matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm for the next 2-3 months.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Thanks for the tag and glad to see you're hosting Nix08 :grin:

How timely! I will be DCing today after this henna, as a matter of fact. Will post deets after the deed is done.

kupenda

I am SOO in! I will start off the year using up the dc's that were just so so (Aussie 3 minute, creme of nature argan oil, silk dreams rca) and then stick with ones I get better results from like silk dreams vanilla silk, Shea what and mocha silk, aogpb, etc. My dc sessions will be weekly or biweekly based on the needs of my hair. Protein treatment monthly. All done under a plastic cap and my hooded dryer

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Welcome ladies:welcome: I think 2014 is going to be a very good year for our hair. I feel it in my strands:look: :giggle:

lovelycurls

One of my favorite challenges :) Thanks for the Tag!
*Will dc every other week with random conditioners and oils
* Protein treatment once in 3 months
* will dc under a steamer, or conditioning caps or without heat just plastic caps
* Deep conditioning makes my hair soft, manageable and bouncy

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE3 using LHCF

Last edited:

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Thanks for the tag!

I'll DC every other week with Texas Natural Supply's Creme Conditioner Base, Lotion Base II and Giovanni's Nutrafix and 2Chic Ultramoisturizing Conditioner plus EVCO, EVOO and glycerin. I DC for 60 minutes (30 on high, 30 on low), let my hair cool then detangle and rinse.

Every month, I'll do a protein treatment with Neutral Protein Filler, distilled water or rose water and silk amino acids for 30 minutes under the dryer. I'll detangle with Cure Care Conditioner then follow up with my moisturizing treatment, Texas Natural Supply's Whipped Shea Aloe Emulsion to balance my hair. Then, I will DC as normal.

The protein treatment makes my hair strong, the moisturizing treatment makes it soft and the DC is just spectacular for my hair!

My 4a hair is super curly, has amazing elasticity and I've retained much of my growth following this regimen! At the beginning of 2013, I was APL; by the end of this year, I'm only 2 inches away from bra strap!

God is good!

Last edited:

Hibiscus30

Since I'm in the coffee,tea, acv/avj, henna, etc challenge I think this is a great one for me to join in...and help me "journal" I need to up my deep conditioning routine :)

I plan to deep condition every week(Sundays) with either of these Camille Rose, Purabody, DarcyBotanical, fenugreek paste, Duafe base:rolleyes: or Bask under either hooded dryer, steamer or my therapy wrap (I may protective style every other mth)

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I need to join this, last year I acted a fool when it came to deep conditioning.
I will do better this year!:yep:

My goal is to do it twice a week for 52 weeks.

Rozlewis

I am in and ready. I will be Dc'ing on a weekly basis with various products depending on the needs of my hair. I usually steam my Dc's for 30m ins but I will post each week to report all of the details including what I used, method, during, and results.

Thanks!!