Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
OMG is there a thread about cheap quality hair products for natural hair someone can direct me too? I just bought 2 DC (TGIN Honey Hair Mask and Obia Naturals Babassu) and TGIN Curl Bomb Styling Gel and my total for 3 items was $50!! This natural thing ain't cheap!!!

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
My doctor informed me I was Vitamin D deficient as well as moderately anemic.

Which explains the hair loss.....She put me on 50k Vitamin D for 8 weeks and told me to take whatever high dosage that is sold in the stores.

I will admit between the vitamin d and iron pills. I do feel good. My hair is thriving.

But I will go back to natural without the relaxer. PS until the end of next year.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
I just realized this week that i can overuse ( anything more than a dime sized amount on soaking wet hair before a flat iron job is overuse because it zaps my shin and swing lol) Redken Extreme Anti Snap and not have any ill effects or build up.
I'm glad to have an excuse to use it since it has ceramides and protein.

LushLox

My doctor informed me I was Vitamin D deficient as well as moderately anemic.

Which explains the hair loss.....She put me on 50k Vitamin D for 8 weeks and told me to take whatever high dosage that is sold in the stores.

I will admit between the vitamin d and iron pills. I do feel good. My hair is thriving.

But I will go back to natural without the relaxer. PS until the end of next year.

Same, I lost a lot of hair and I couldn't understand why. Got it under control now.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Okay so I'm starting to think it's not about the shampoo it's about the sulfates that my hair likes. It may be too early to call but I just washed my hair with the tresemme botanique shampoo and my hair felt just as soft and easy to detangle as the nexxus. I'm not mad because the tresemme only costs $5.

I'll use it a bit longer to really see but I would love to be able to use any old sulfate shampoo and get the same great results.

I remember my hair was never picky about shampoos until the second bc. My hair may have never had an issue with sulfates. It could have just needed some time to adjust.

Evolving78

Girl don't tempt me to try.....
Though if my hair start breaking off, I'm coming for ya! :look::lachen:
If it doesn’t work, i’ll take the beat down! :lachen:
I don’t know... I have so many products for my DD who is a natural and none of them are magical! I’m going to go back to the basics and see if that will help.
It worked so well for so many little black girls in the past, but now that we are adults, we are spending tons of money on stuff that just isn’t cutting it. I will try it for 30 days and see how it works. I will still wash and deep condition her hair weekly, but will use water, or a basic leave-in spray and grease to style and maintain. I don’t see how that could go wrong.

weavepat

Does anyone with a big head and/or long thick hair regularly use a Hot Head conditioning cap? I bought a cap like the one below a couple of weeks ago. It couldn't hold my hair and the band was disrespectful.
heatcap2.jpg

Royalq

dang, my new growth is getting thick Im 11 weeks post and its so dense and compact. I dont remember my hair growing this fast when I was relaxed before I used to easily go months stretching because my growth was so slow. I originally wanted to stretch until winter break around december 15th. But iono if i can make it that long. I might touchup on December 2nd.

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
I saw the Naturally Temi one today. It just looks so luxurious. I never knew I wanted black shampoo before today and the DC detangled her hair immediately.

I'm not really feeling her review; it seemed dry. But then again, she hasn't really done many product reviews on her channel like Mahogany Curls has. If I saw her review first, I don't think I would be excited for the products at all.

OhTall1

OMG is there a thread about cheap quality hair products for natural hair someone can direct me too? I just bought 2 DC (TGIN Honey Hair Mask and Obia Naturals Babassu) and TGIN Curl Bomb Styling Gel and my total for 3 items was $50!! This natural thing ain't cheap!!!
Do you live near a CVS? I don't know about the gel, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the other two products in local stores. Between the extra bucks I get for beauty purchases plus the fact that CVS emails me a coupon for 20-30% at least once a month, I'm always able to get my hair products at a discount.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
Do you live near a CVS? I don't know about the gel, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the other two products in local stores. Between the extra bucks I get for beauty purchases plus the fact that CVS emails me a coupon for 20-30% at least once a month, I'm always able to get my hair products at a discount.

I do live near CVS but don't go often as it's kinda out of my way. Target (where I got my products yesterday) is across the street basically from me. But for that kinda regular discount and coupons I can make it work. Thanks @OhTall1!

OhTall1

I do live near CVS but don't go often as it's kinda out of my way. Target (where I got my products yesterday) is across the street basically from me. But for that kinda regular discount and coupons I can make it work. Thanks @OhTall1!
If you don't have it already, put the Target app on your phone. Every once in a while, the Cartwheel offers include natural hair care products. Right now, they're offering 15% off As I Am styling creams, 15% off Uncle Funky's Daughter and 20% Curl Keeper. HTH!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
After watching that Mahogany Curls videos, I am fan girling so hard over the New Curls line (available for sale on their website on black friday).

Curls is getting all of ma monies this month!!!

Her hair likes EVERYTHING tho and always looks good, i take anything she reviews with a grain....hell a bucket of salt :lol: she could put in blue magic and sulfur 8 and probably still have a decent twistout. combo of texture, density, and silkiness-she's a very silky 3c/4a i think.

like her hair slicked down like that with a serum. a daggone serum.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
it's only been 3 weeks in these braids but it feels like ages. i haven't washed my hair yet and i don't feel the need to yet. :look:
i've been oiling my scalp with castor oil and spraying on carol's daughter braid spray on my hair/scalp, and it looks great. free of any buildup or dandruff and smells nice.

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
Her hair likes EVERYTHING tho and always looks good, i take anything she reviews with a grain....hell a bucket of salt :lol: she could put in blue magic and sulfur 8 and probably still have a decent twistout. combo of texture, density, and silkiness-she's a very silky 3c/4a i think.

like her hair slicked down like that with a serum. a daggone serum.

Yea, I know. But I love Curls products (including their vitamins), so I would still be hype even if she didn't do the review. Plus she's never recommended a product that didn't work for me, so I'm not worried.

Edited: And my hair most 4a, so it's not that far off-- even if my hair is more poofy. I don't believe that hair typing determines what products work best anyways. :)

LushLox

Team headwrap! Lol you will look beautiful! Like a Queen! You can’t go wrong!

Thanks doll, :kiss: Yeah I think it’ll really work in winter and great for when I just can’t be bothered (I have a lot of those days).

My only concern is the material and the rubbing on the hair and the potential that the material will deplete the hair of moisture. Do you wear satin underneath or do you find that your hair is okay without it?

Evolving78

Thanks doll, :kiss: Yeah I think it’ll really work in winter and great for when I just can’t be bothered (I have a lot of those days).

My only concern is the material and the rubbing on the hair and the potential that the material will deplete the hair of moisture. Do you wear satin underneath or do you find that your hair is okay without it?
I will wear satin under the ones that aren’t hair friend. Like a satin bonnet, satin spandex cap, satin scarf, etc. but I have a lot of scarves that are hair friendly. I have 8-10?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I'm tired of buying my aloe leaves from Publix. I'm going to get myself a plant! I am convinced that it is a miracle item for my scalp/hair.
And here I am living almost next door to a Spanish market that sales huge aloe leaves and I don't even use them. They are almost as big as my arm. I wish I could pass them over to you.

ETA: Never mind I thought Publix was a website lol.

Last edited:

Bad&Bougee

When I first joined LHCF, someone posted about saving their shed hairs in a zip lock bag from week to week to compare hair loss. So I started doing it from week to week. At first I would only collect hair loss from a wash/condition cycle but that doesn't really give me all the info I need. Week to week is much better. Surprisingly, I lose less hair as the week progresses. I'm going to take a pic Saturday and post it.

Do you all think you really lose 100 hairs daily?