Time takes to grow bra strap length hair

luckymonkey1307

HI,i was wondering how long it took most of you to grow bra strap or longer length hair. My hair is layered and the longest is a tad past my shoulders. I have started to do hot oil treatments, conditioner washes, and wash with shampoo once a week, so now I am really taking care of my hair. I wear it in a protective style (bun) and i was just wondering how long it would take to see results and length. I have natural hair, and I have never had a perm. Just wanted to know about how long. Thanks!

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
Xcellence2 said:
It took me less than a year or right at a year I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

What length did you start with?

My guess is bald to bra strap would be about 3 years if you need only 2 small trims a year.

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
and if youre not super tall so that your bra strap seems much farther away than shorter ppls bra straps

Carlie

[ QUOTE ]
luckymonkey1307 said:
HI,i was wondering how long it took most of you to grow bra strap or longer length hair. My hair is layered and the longest is a tad past my shoulders. I have started to do hot oil treatments, conditioner washes, and wash with shampoo once a week, so now I am really taking care of my hair. I wear it in a protective style (bun) and i was just wondering how long it would take to see results and length. I have natural hair, and I have never had a perm. Just wanted to know about how long. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

. . . I'll let you know when I get there!
I'm determined to make it in less than a year.

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
SweetJamaica said:
I think it would take a bald person 3 years. If you hair is shoulder length it should take a little more than a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds about right. My hair was cut 3-4 inches all around and it took me almost 2 and a half years to grow my hair to my braclasp.

Lovelylocs

I would say about a little over a year. I was in your shoes around this time last year and I am almost at the top of bra strap. I only trimmed once in that year period tho.

luckymonkey1307 your hair length sounds like mine when I started out. Last November my hair was a few inches past my shoulders and now I'm about 2" from my bra clasp. I'm hoping to be at my bra clasp by November of this year.

sundayschild

thank you so very much for taking the time to post the chart. I must admit I was beginning to get discouraged. I really thought my hair would be longer than it is. i joined the board a little less than a year ago. another board that of cathy howse, belives one can grow at least 6 inches in 12 months. i don't know that I've done that. approaching my one year anniversary of "taking the challenge", I have become discouraged.
now however, based on the chart and the comments of others, I will keep on trying.