Shingling- Post Your Before & After Pics

myxdchiick

I would like to try this but I am afraid it won't come out right...because I have strands of hair that have a curl pattern and then the ones that are bone straight....I think I would look crazy... Does anybody have transitioning shingled hair????

Ganjababy

I would like to try this but I am afraid it won't come out right...because I have strands of hair that have a curl pattern and then the ones that are bone straight....I think I would look crazy... Does anybody have transitioning shingled hair????

I guess it depends on whether your relaxed hair curls up when wet. Some peoples hair curl back up when wet even though they are relaxed. I am thinking these people can shingle. A friend of mine who is relaxed shingles her wet hair with conditioner and it stays curly. She is 3c/b and her hair curls up when wet even though she is relaxed.

My hair could never be shingled when I relaxed because it stayed straight when wet and dried frizzy when airdried instead of curly

Last edited:

myxdchiick

I guess it depends on whether your relaxed hair curls up when wet. Some peoples hair curl back up when wet even though they are relaxed. I am thinking these people can shingle. A friend of mine who is relaxed shingles her wet hair with conditioner and it stays curly. She is 3c/b and her hair curls up when wet even though she is relaxed.

My hair could never be shingled when I relaxed because it stayed straight when wet and dried frizzy when airdried instead of curly

OH wow. That's great news! I was told that I am the same type 3c/b...
Do you or anyone else happen to have any pics? my relaxed hair does curl up when wet, although only selected few choose not to....

Ganjababy

OH wow. That's great news! I was told that I am the same type 3c/b...
Do you or anyone else happen to have any pics? my relaxed hair does curl up when wet, although only selected few choose not to....

I think Dlewis is relaxed/texlaxed. If you scroll up you will see a pic of her shingle results

MagnoliaBelle

I haven't tried shingling b/c I generally don't comb procduct through bc it separates and frizzes by curls. In fact, I never comb or brush my hair. However, after seeing all of these great results, I think I'll try it when my hair gets longer.

vkb247

It looks really nice, vkb247! Just curious - how do you texlax (texturizer, amount of time left in)? I might try this is in the future, but want to keep curl definition. TIA!

Thanks! In that first picture you can see the 4bish hair I have at my crown.

I use Motions Herbal in Super mixed almost half and half with conditioner and I process for 8-12 minutes. I have left it as long as 15 minutes. I have pretty resistant hair.

I did my niece's hair and got the same results. There are pics in my fotki.

Melissa-jane

So I tried it, I used proclaim curl activator gel from sally's and I really love it, I am going to try and go three days without cowashing!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
So I tried it, I used proclaim curl activator gel from sally's and I really love it, I am going to try and go three days without cowashing!

:grin: your hair looks sooo freaking gorgeous!!! i love it!!
i also love how you winged out your liner...

purplepeace79

this is as close as I come to shingling. this is with black gel done loosely

this is with KCCC (blech)

Last edited:

tking21

Before-completely dry

After-completely dry

Not the best pictures but you get the idea. I shingled using eco styler with olive oil.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Pic 1 before, wet hair...pic 2 after, shingled hair.

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-06-26 at 23.28.jpg
    Photo on 2011-06-26 at 23.28.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Photo on 2011-07-14 at 17.01 #4.jpg
    Photo on 2011-07-14 at 17.01 #4.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 157

Guinan

Re-Branding
^^^I have one that was taken 9yrs ago, when I was natural. I used proclaim crystal ice gel.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Attachments

• 01-08-05_1436.jpg
    01-08-05_1436.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 106

krissyhair

Here is my before and after picture of dry shingling.

I used a spray bottle with cold water, Miss Jessie's leave-in condish, and a small amount of Giovanni tea tree conditioner on the sections with the worst tangles and dryness. No gel necessary. It took about 30 minutes to dry completely since I went easy on the water. Instead of a comb I used my fingers.

ForumRunner_20141220_103804.jpg

ForumRunner_20141220_103838.jpg