Relaxed Hair Thread

emada

Anyone keep a rotation of conditioners and not for the sake of being a product junkie? I've always been a one conditioner type girl but I'm wondering if my hair would respond better to spontaneity. Nothing crazy though :lol: like a rotation of four.

I definitely rotate, I have about 5 that I use depending on how my hair feels. Plus I just like trying conditioners. I think that now that I've tried Joico's moisture recovery conditioner I'll just use up the rest and stick to about 2 conditioners.

ORS hair mayo
ORS hair masque
ORS nourishing conditioner
ORS replenishing conditioners
Matrix biolage aqua immersion
APB berry smoothie conditioner- will be selling this one
Sample of APB ultra conditioning souffle

Aphogee 2 minute
Affirm 5 n 1 reconstructor

SuchaLady

emada I currently use JOICO Moisture Recovery Balm. I once used Kenra but I ran out and never replenished. I hoarded :look: some AO HSR before they changed the formula. I have some professional brands I want to try. It's a 10, MoroccanOil, KeraCare, and some others. Perhaps I'll try one new conditioner per month next year :scratchch:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
First day not wearing wigs in about a month+ and it's quite underwhelming. Wigs will return tomorrow.

My wash day was so-so yesterday. I went two weeks without washing and my hair did good. I didn't have much time to really wash yesterday but I made do with what I had.

divachyk

Anyone keep a rotation of conditioners and not for the sake of being a product junkie? I've always been a one conditioner type girl but I'm wondering if my hair would respond better to spontaneity. Nothing crazy though :lol: like a rotation of four.

I have a number of conditioners because I'm a PJ but I don't keep all of them in rotation. I rotate a few at a time. Any more and my hair would freak. I rotate a few to give my hair a change up. It likes that at times.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

Right now I have three in rotation. I'm fine with that. If I change too much then my hair gets crazy so I like to keep a few and use them for a while before switching.

Babygrowth

It really depends on how my hair feels. So I have a smooth and silky, deep moisture, good moisture, and an all of the above in rotation and I buy DC'ers that fit into those categories although there is some crossover.

brownb83

My hair is gaining thickness before lenght I see. It's happened before.

I'm really hoping I'm APL ish by the summer because I miss my curly rollersets.

DH ain't helping showing me pics when my hair was longer :lol:
And monitoring my trims.

SuchaLady

Right now I have three in rotation. I'm fine with that. If I change too much then my hair gets crazy so I like to keep a few and use them for a while before switching.

I'm going to start incorporating more conditioners. I side eye people that say their hair gets "used to products" :look: but maybe I need to switch it up.

SuchaLady

It really depends on how my hair feels. So I have a smooth and silky, deep moisture, good moisture, and an all of the above in rotation and I buy DC'ers that fit into those categories although there is some crossover.

Yes! All my conditioners make my hair feel differently. Conditioned, but different. Y'all are about to make me hand over all my money :ohwell:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I'm going to start incorporating more conditioners. I side eye people that say their hair gets "used to products" :look: but maybe I need to switch it up.

Lol. No my hair doesn't really get used to anything but if I keep changing stuff then when something happens I can't pin point it. Lol. My hair actually does good with consistency, I just get bored.

missyrayne19

So I'm ending my stretch this week... but I'm kinda sad because I'm gonna have to co-wash then blow dry my hair tomorrow in order to stretch out my new growth. I air dried my hair this past wash day (Sunday) but my new growth is so freakin' dense and thick, ain't no way I'm getting through there on relaxer day without ripping through it. And that's obviously something I wanna avoid :lol: but I'm a little upset because I reallllllly wanted to avoid using my blow dryer this time. If only I could find a nice moisturizer for my NG, things would be a-okay *le sigh*

SuchaLady

Christmas hair. Granted I wear a bun everyday :yawn: but I am going to blow dry it for a sleeker look.

Attachments

• image-1985701585.jpg
    image-1985701585.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 98

danysedai

I decided to cover my hair for a few months and I bought this wig from Rpgshow as an every day wig, in 14 inches

http://www.rpgshow.com/stock-rihanna-bob-hair-full-lace-wig-sc013s-p-5540.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJpZFIUdds

I received it today and I really like it but the colour is not what I think it is (1B),it's more of a dark brown, and more visible in daylight.

My communication with rpgshow has been great so far so I wrote to them but should I return this one and get the same in colour 1? or dye this one even though in their website they suggest not to dye it?(plenty of youtubers dye their lace wigs)

or....
if I return it, should I exchange it for this one?(more popular) I "think" the difference is the bangs on this one is fuller than on the one I bought. I would buy it in 14 inches too, not too long not too short.
http://www.rpgshow.com/stock-full-lace-human-hair-wig-straight-pts001s-p-1001.html

what do you ladies think?

Attachments

• wig colour.jpg
    wig colour.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Lilmama1011

I decided to cover my hair for a few months and I bought this wig from Rpgshow as an every day wig, in 14 inches

http://www.rpgshow.com/stock-rihanna-bob-hair-full-lace-wig-sc013s-p-5540.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJpZFIUdds

I received it today and I really like it but the colour is not what I think it is (1B),it's more of a dark brown, and more visible in daylight.

My communication with rpgshow has been great so far so I wrote to them but should I return this one and get the same in colour 1? or dye this one even though in their website they suggest not to dye it?(plenty of youtubers dye their lace wigs)

or....
if I return it, should I exchange it for this one?(more popular) I "think" the difference is the bangs on this one is fuller than on the one I bought. I would buy it in 14 inches too, not too long not too short.
http://www.rpgshow.com/stock-full-lace-human-hair-wig-straight-pts001s-p-1001.html

what do you ladies think?

I like it, it looks very natural! danysedai

divachyk

danysedai...my thoughts
- Don't dye it since it says not too. I wouldn't risk it -- that's a lot of money down the drain should it not work.

- I like the bob better.

- Exchange the bob and get a 1

divachyk

danysedai, I like the color but suggest going with the color your comfy with so, try the 1 since that should be darker. However, what if it comes looking like a true 1, would you be ok with that?

missyrayne19

greenandchic usually 7 days but a minimum of at least 3 if I'm going to sneak a co wash in right before. I can go a full week but only if my hair's been blown out first. My roots tangle very easily too if I let my hair air dry. HTH!

missyrayne19

This is it y'all! If I can convice my mom to help me relax my hair tomorrow, I'll end my stretch. If not it'll have to be Saturday afternoon but I reallllly don't wanna do it on Saturday because I have a 3 day weekend this weekend (which NEVER happens for me) and I'd rather not dedicate one of those days to doing my hair haha. Crossing my fingers she'll feel up to doing it tomorrow :yep:

danysedai

Lilmama1011 and divachyk. I think I'll keep it, my husband likes it on me, it's just that I'm used to very dark hair. rpgshow offered a return and exchange, or $70 off next wig if I keep it, my choice.

I like the bangs on the other wig more but love the way the bob is cut in this one (slightly shorter in the back)