MHM Hangout

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Hey tashboog, What do you think?

Has anyone tried all 3 products below and if so, which one would you rate the best:

1. Trader joe's teat tree and eucalyptus conditioner
2. Jessicurl deep treatment
3. Jessicurl too shea conditioner

Sent from my iPad using LHCF
1. Trader joe's tea tree conditioner is a good conditioner and this one I use in my bald spot regimen. It has good slip and it dilutes well without losing slip. It softens my hair and it feels moisturizing after rinsing.
2. Jessicurl deep treatment is also good too. It works better full strength rather than diluted. It's very moisturizing and softens my hair .
3. Jessicurl too shea is almost the same as the deep treatment conditioner they pretty much have the same ingredients. Except the deep treatment is slightly more moisturizing.

faithVA

Doing the full regimen tonight. It's been awhile.

I used 2 oz of AIA cleansing pudding with tsp baking soda. I didn't let it sit' I just used it as a shampoo. I'm switching to this for all future washes. I cleansed with diluted curls ecstasy and steamed it in a bit with my qredew. Sitting with the mud in now. I must have made it right because it came out of the bottle easily but it's also weighing down my hair. I'm so glad I switched to the rhassoul. Everything is easier. :yep:

Will just twist it up when I'm finished. Based on how fuzzy it was with the conditioner in it, I'm not expecting to see much definition when I rinse out the clay.

If it wasn't so late I would take pictures. Maybe next week.

faithVA

Doing the full regimen tonight. It's been awhile.

I used 2 oz of AIA cleansing pudding with tsp baking soda. I didn't let it sit' I just used it as a shampoo. I'm switching to this for all future washes. I cleansed with diluted curls ecstasy and steamed it in a bit with my qredew. Sitting with the mud in now. I must have made it right because it came out of the bottle easily but it's also weighing down my hair. I'm so glad I switched to the rhassoul. Everything is easier. :yep:

Will just twist it up when I'm finished. Based on how fuzzy it was with the conditioner in it, I'm not expecting to see much definition when I rinse out the clay.

If it wasn't so late I would take pictures. Maybe next week.

When I rinsed I could feel all kinds of curls but when I looked in the mirror I couldn't see them. :lol: But my hair felt really good when I rinsed out the clay.

msbettyboop

Day 6 complete. I was in a hurry as I had a plane to catch so I think I put in too much gel cow my hair dried hard. The back of my hair is approaching max hydration. The front, I don't understand so much. It's 3c and I can't figure out if that's the way it's supposed to look or not. When wet, the curls are amazing but when dry the definition isn't as obvious as the back.....

msbettyboop

1. Trader joe's tea tree conditioner is a good conditioner and this one I use in my bald spot regimen. It has good slip and it dilutes well without losing slip. It softens my hair and it feels moisturizing after rinsing. 2. Jessicurl deep treatment is also good too. It works better full strength rather than diluted. It's very moisturizing and softens my hair . 3. Jessicurl too shea is almost the same as the deep treatment conditioner they pretty much have the same ingredients. Except the deep treatment is slightly more moisturizing.

I will be able to purchase these 3 products where I'm traveling to so it looks like I'm going to settle on trader joes then. It's the cheapest of the lot anyway.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm about to start mixing up my products. The only thing that I really have to mix is the clay. I don't think I'm going to make any flaxseed gel, since I'm not wearing my hair out. I've been wigging it for the past two weeks. I think I'll wig it for another 2wks and then straighten my hair.

My hair is still doing very well with this method. The growth and the retention are good since doing this method.

Last edited:

sweetpea7

This clay is sooo messy it makes me want to buy terra essentials but it's expensive and they use AVJ from concentrate now and kept the wash the same price.

Finally purchased TJ TTT it smells like delicious!

I knew I should have shampooed the SM curl enhancing smoothie out of my hair. My hair feels coated and somewhat dry

Cattypus1

All loced up...
This clay is sooo messy it makes me want to buy terra essentials but it's expensive and they use AVJ from concentrate now and kept the wash the same price. Finally purchased TJ TTT it smells like delicious! I knew I should have shampooed the SM curl enhancing smoothie out of my hair. My hair feels coated and somewhat dry
The Clay is my hangup too. I'm sitting here right now with the clay in my hair. I'm going to have to clean my bathroom when I'm done. I've never tried Terressentials...might have to give it a shot.

faithVA

This clay is sooo messy it makes me want to buy terra essentials but it's expensive and they use AVJ from concentrate now and kept the wash the same price.

I knew I should have shampooed the SM curl enhancing smoothie out of my hair. My hair feels coated and somewhat dry
What clay are you using. I made up my rhassoul clay last night and no mess. Yay

faithVA

The Clay is my hangup too. I'm sitting here right now with the clay in my hair. I'm going to have to clean my bathroom when I'm done. I've never tried Terressentials...might have to give it a shot.

Maybe your making it too watery.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Maybe your making it too watery.

That's what I was thinking too. When I 1st started this method I used 3 cups water to 1 part clay and it was too watery. Now I do 2cups to 1 part clay and the consistency is way better and less mess. Also, the application bottle is important. I use a bottle with a pump. It helps smooth out lumps and it's easier to apply.

Guinan

Re-Branding
So I decided to try out the Giovanni LA hair gel. I believe it is on the approved list of the MHM. I can't wait to try it. I really hope I like it. I put alittle on my finger and it kind of has the same consistency as my homemade flaxseed gel.

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding

What are you using as your clarifier? I use SM Curl enhancing smoothie when I don't have the approved gel. When I start the MHM, I usually thoroughly rinse my hair with warm water and then clarify with the ACV.

sweetpea7

What clay are you using. I made up my rhassoul clay last night and no mess. Yay

Bentonite. I can never get a smooth consistency like I see on youtube. Mine is always chunky with lumps no matter how much stirring I do.

Ill try the Now Moroccan clay in a few weeks when I can get to Whole Foods.

faithVA

Bentonite. I can never get a smooth consistency like I see on youtube. Mine is always chunky with lumps no matter how much stirring I do.

Ill try the Now Moroccan clay in a few weeks when I can get to Whole Foods.

Add 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of acv to your mix and see if that helps. Make sure you are using warm water.

sweetpea7

What are you using as your clarifier? I use SM Curl enhancing smoothie when I don't have the approved gel. When I start the MHM, I usually thoroughly rinse my hair with warm water and then clarify with the ACV.

I just slapped on my clay mix. My regimen is clay wash, deep con, leave in, oil or gel

If I use it again I will make sure to rinse and then use acv :yep: Im trying o stick to approved products :drunk:

sweetpea7

Add 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of acv to your mix and see if that helps. Make sure you are using warm water.

I've tried that too :nono: I think i should try making bigger batches and then just putting it in the fridge. Im only making like a 4 oz batch rn

faithVA

I've tried that too :nono: I think i should try making bigger batches and then just putting it in the fridge. Im only making like a 4 oz batch rn

Maybe you should. Because doing the suggested should leave you with a smooth mix. I only make small batches because using an applicator bottle.

There has to be something your missing.

faithVA

I can't get the consistency right. If it's too thick then I don't get good coverage, too thin I make a mess. I need a recipe. How do you mix yours?

I'm using rhassoul and not bentonite so it will be differently.

Yesterday I used 7 tbs of rhassoul and about 4 oz of hot water a squeeze of honey an oil. I put in about 1/4 acv. Then I just shake until it mixed. I add water a tbs at a time if it's too thick.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I'm using rhassoul and not bentonite so it will be differently. Yesterday I used 7 tbs of rhassoul and about 4 oz of hot water a squeeze of honey an oil. I put in about 1/4 acv. Then I just shake until it mixed. I add water a tbs at a time if it's too thick.
Thanks, I had some bentonite so that's what I used. I really prefer rhassoul. I'll have to try your mix and see how that works for me.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I don't understand why I'm so nervous about doing this and primarily the CLCT. I will be starting my first treatment right after I finish my morning coffee and as often as I read the steps, I'm still nervous about it. I have to do better.

Oh BTW, I BC on Friday so this should be a breeze because I have an inch of hair unstretched. faithVA I know you wanted my to post a pic so here you are!
ForumRunner_20141221_084029.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Guinan

Re-Branding
I don't understand why I'm so nervous about doing this and primarily the CLCT. I will be starting my first treatment right after I finish my morning coffee and as often as I read the steps, I'm still nervous about it. I have to do better.

Oh BTW, I BC on Friday so this should be a breeze because I have an inch of hair unstretched. @faithVA I know you wanted my to post a pic so here you are!
View attachment 289303

Don't be nervous!! You can do it!:cup:

I swear I wish I would have known about this method when I 1st BC. I have to upload some pics of how my hair looked at I BC. It was HORRIBLE. My hair was sooooooo dry and was just a cotton ball of frizz and dryness:nono::nono:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

I swear I wish I would have known about this method when I 1st BC. I have to upload some pics of how my hair looked at I BC. It was HORRIBLE. My hair was sooooooo dry and was just a cotton ball of frizz and dryness:nono::nono:

Thank you pelohello! That's what my hair looks and feels like. I see nice coils in various spots throughout my head and mainly my nape which tells me I do have coils. I also have obvious coils are around the parameter which tells me that's because I spray, m&s those areas the most because it was easiest accessible while I was in my protective styles.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
HELP! Im making my CLCT and it says to add ACV but I have very low porosity...can I omit it???

Guinan

Re-Branding
HELP! Im making my CLCT and it says to add ACV but I have very low porosity...can I omit it???

I've never done the CLCT, but i think you can omit it. I have med to lo porosity and I still use ACV as my clarifier

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I've never done the CLCT, but i think you can omit it. I have med to lo porosity and I still use ACV as my clarifier

I was in a state of emergency and so I decided to omit the ACV. Didn't want to stress my strands...should I open or close, lol? I figure the clarification/purification proceed begins with the Clay step. Thanks again?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14

Oh BTW, I BC on Friday so this should be a breeze because I have an inch of hair unstretched. @faithVA I know you wanted my to post a pic so here you are!
View attachment 289303

YOU LOOK GORGEOUS!:yep::up:

faithVA

I agree. My hair was horrible when I BCd. And it would have been so much easier to do this on 1 or 2 inches of hair.