**~2012 Deep Condition Challenge Part II~**

Status
Not open for further replies.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Welcome to the Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge 2012 (Pt.II)

:thewave:

Want better retention? More moisture? Healthier hair? More managable hair? Wanna stay up on your DC game?

This challenge is for you!

The benefits of regular deep conditioning:

• One THE best ways to increase and maintain proper moisture levels in the hair
  • Improves manageability
  • Reduces splits and breakage i.e. great for retention
  • Effective way of maintaining protein/moisture balance

We know, but we forget, we get lazy. This challenge is to keep us consistent :yep:

Everyone is welcome! Natural, texlaxed, texturized, transitioning, and relaxed heads. Ladies with braids or cornrowed under wigs/weaves come on in!

This challenge will run in quarters:

Part 1: January 1st –March 31st
Part 2: April 1st – June 30th
Part 3: July 1st – September 30th
Part 4: October 1st - December 31st

Da Rules: :grin:

1. Deep condition at least once per week, on wet or dry hair. If you are wearing braids or weaves, once per 10-14 days.

2. Shampooing is not required.

3. Deep condition using your method of choice: Heat cap, hooded dryer, steamer, hot towels or no heat.

4. You must DC for a minimum of 30 minutes.

WANNA JOIN?:
Mention or PM me and I'll add you :yep:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Did a Dry DC with ORS replenishing, about 2 hrs, no heat. Washed it out with CON argan oil poo.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I'm IN!!!! :grin:

My DCs available are....
Protein:
AOGPB :love:
SD Moca Silk Infusion :lick:
Giovanni Nutrafix
HTN Amino DC
SSI Okra Reconstructor

Moisture:
BFH Chocolate Coffee DC
BFH Pistachio Cream DC
AOHSR
AOWC
SD Wheat Germ Butter
SD Vanilla Silk DC :lick:
Enso Naturals Seabuckhorn & Horsetail
Hairveda Sitrinillah
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Curl Junkie Deep Fix
Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp
DB Pumpkin DC
Claudie's Deep Moisturising DC
SSI Promegranate DC

Last edited:

TeeSGee

I'm In!!!

Moisture
Kenra MC with Heat for 30 mins

Protein
Sebastain Penetraitt (Light)
Joico K-PAK Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor (Heavy)
Joico K-PAK Intense Hydrator (medium)

Balance
ORS Replenishing Pak on dry hair overnight

Would love to try:
It's a 10 Miracle Deep conditioning Mask
Kerastase Nutritive Masquintense

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Aaaaw, sookie-sookie nah. :woot:

I think I may steam tonight to celebrate part two of this challenge. :look:

leona2025

I'm in again! Don't judge me, but I DC again last night. I can't help. My new holy grail got me addicted. I shampooed with Creme of Nature Moisturizing shampoo. Put on Aphogee 2 minute through my shower and then used my ORS Nurturing Dc for an hour under a heat cap. I rinsed out and airdryed in two braids.

I ain't doing no more length checks until the fall and I will be trying to stretch my relaxer until then too. I want to be surprised, lol.

amwcah

I will do my protein DC with heat, and I will do my moisture DC with steam as advised by an article I read today by Chicoro. That discovery was a ahh moment for me today because it makes sense.

Protein DCs
ORS Replenishing Conditioner
ORS Hair Mayo
Joico K-Pak Reconstructor

Moisturizing DCs
Joco K-Pak Intense Hydrator
Queene Helene Cholestrol Hair Conditioning Cream

amwcah

I'm in again! Don't judge me, but I DC again last night. I can't help. My new holy grail got me addicted. I shampooed with Creme of Nature Moisturizing shampoo. Put on Aphogee 2 minute through my shower and then used my ORS Nurturing Dc for an hour under a heat cap. I rinsed out and airdryed in two braids.

I ain't doing no more length checks until the fall and I will be trying to stretch my relaxer until then too. I want to be surprised, lol.

@leona2025

What new holy grail? Lol! Also, for the CON are you using the new or old formula? I have a little of old formula left then I don't know what I am going to do.

mamaore

DCed yesterday with Alter Ego on my scalp and AOWC. Tangle city... It was unbelievable. This was my first time using Alter Ego...its either I dump it or find another way to incorporate it in my Reggie

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Thanks for adding me in because I definitely am seeing benefits from doing this. Don't have a list of my conditioners because I ran out of most of them last time so I need to replace them. Next DC is scheduled for Wednesday.

amwcah

DCed yesterday with Alter Ego on my scalp and AOWC. Tangle city... It was unbelievable. This was my first time using Alter Ego...its either I dump it or find another way to incorporate it in my Reggie

Which product are you using exactly? I have the Garlic Mask. I don't recall having an issue with tangles when using it.

xu93texas

Looking forward to another session of this challenge. I'll be using the following conditioners this session:

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque
Silicon Mix
LustraSilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
KeraCare Humecto Cream conditioner
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream
Alter Ego Garlic Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.