Aphogee

butterfly_wings

I tried the Aphogee hard protein treatment at the weekend and my hair loved it!! It felt so strong afterwards!!! I'm going to do it again in 4-6 weeks. I was a bit worried as come people said it was too strong and caused breakage to their hair but my hair liked it!!

It~Can~Grow

Great. Glad you received your desired results :yep: It works great for some and not so much for others...just make sure you add a good moisturizing deep conditioner after each use.

:yep:

miami74

I'm glad it worked out for you. I am planning to use it for the first time a few weeks after my next relaxer. I think LadyEsquire mentioned once that she uses a light coating of it. My hair is prone to protein overload. I think I will try it that way and follow with a good moisturizing deep conditioning to be on the safe side. Happy growing!

Last edited:

ajoyfuljoy

I used the hardcore protein treatments every 4-6 weeks for about a year. It never broke off my hair bec. I did intensive DCs after the treatment.

My hair use to break like crazy (every time I combed it broke off hairs fell out). But after my first treatment it stopped and I new my hair would never be the same!

After a while, my hair didn't respond to the treatments. After I would use it, my hair didnt' seem any better but felt funny (can't describe it but you'll know it when you feel it).

Some ladies on the board suggested I switch to the light (2 min. one) one b/c my hair didn't need the heavy one anymore.

I love the light one now! I use it every month (after my clarifying treatment and before a DC). I also use it after I rinse out my relaxer (before I DC and neutralize). It leaves the hair strong and soft. I love this one also!!!

Aggie

I also use the hardcore aphogee every 6 - 8 weeks as well. I use it as directed even though I really don't like the balancing moisturizer. I do deep condition with either kenra MC or mizani moisturefuse for 1 hour to restore the elasticity of my hair.

blackbarbie

Glad you liked it! I used it faithfully when I was getting relaxers/highlights. I used it moreso as a preventive and I never had problems at all. I do recall once when I had a lot of shedding and that Aphogee stopped it right in its tracks!!!

I don't use it much that I am transitioning but may just start back......

BB

SparklingFlame

I just used the 2 min reconstructor and yo........it works GREAT!!! I only did it for 2 min just like the directions said and then I used the Aphogee moisture balancer that goes with it and my hair feels so strong and healthy!

PPGbubbles

My hair is protein sensitive but 4 some reason the Aphogee 2 step works for me!

I do not use any other protein products inbetween.

It makes my hair very strong but not dry or brittle. I really like it because my hair has a tendency to bee too soft at times.

Glad u liked it OP!

MrsSmitty77

I also did my first Aphogee 2-Step also and I loved it!!!! I also plan to do it every 6 weeks. Thanks for starting the post OP.

BlkOnyx488

I have been too chicken to try the strong stuff
I like the 2 min b/c I can use it more often.
Gladd it worked for you! That's great news

werenumber2

I had a lot of success with Aphogee the first two times I used it, but something went terribly wrong the third time. Even though I detangled before doing the treatment, my hair was knotted up SO BAD when I was done.

I know you're supposed to avoid touching your hair as it dries, but I think it might be necessary to do a super quick comb through over the section as soon as you apply the Aphogee. Otherwise, it'll dry with your ends all fused together like it did with me. I'm almost afraid to try it again but I may give it another shot.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
I also use the Aphogee 2 step every 6-8 weeks. I have started using it under my steamer instead of my hooded drier and it still has been working out really well for me. I always follow with the balancing moisturizer and then I DC afterwards for added softness. It has been invaluable during my transition to prevent breakage. Oh and I also like to use the 2 min during wash days as well. No need to add the balancing moisturizer after using this one. Glad you had great results OP.:grin:

isawstars

It used to be so difficult for me to retain length. I now use the aphogee line once a week and DC with a moisturizing conditioner. I don't use the hardcore treatment though... My hair has responded very well to this. I've been doing it since August.

I think everyone should give aphogee a try.